Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 09:37:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Ian Brady RIP

Started by Danger Man, May 15, 2017, 10:07:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phantom_power

I am surprised that someone with such a keen knowledge of comedy would misunderstand that sketch so badly.

Oh yeah, it is because he is a bit unhinged

Sgt. Duckie

Messrs Huntley and Watkins...watch out. The Ianapocalypse is looming.

Brady was a sanctimonious, self-important cunt right up until the very end. I remember reading about him bragging that he was in a higher intellectual class than the people that surrounded him in prison because he read Milton and Shakespeare. I somehow doubt that he truly grasped the complexities of the moral dilemmas presented within those works.

Captain Z

Quote from: Sydward Lartle on May 15, 2017, 10:38:26 PM
I wish you all the worst of everything, along with the rest of you stupid troll cunts who've given me a hard time on here for daring to be interested in archive comedy that shits all over your horrible, hate-fuelled, 'edgy' hipster comedy icons and all that greasy plastic American shit that's been clogging up comedy chat for far too long.

When you've got threads like Sydward Lartle in them, you can't lose.

slicesofjim

Quote from: Sgt. Duckie on May 15, 2017, 11:30:27 PM
Messrs Huntley and Watkins...watch out. The Ianapocalypse is looming.

I hope H from Steps doesn't get caught up in all this again.

Here Comes Mongo

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on May 15, 2017, 10:24:54 PM
Fortunately the posts are, and here I am in one telling you that small segment of Morris trounced your life's work.

That's clearly going to push his buttons - what's the point?

Utter Shit

TC I am one of the people that has stuck up for you recently but you are being an enormous ball bag here, even if SS does increasingly come across as a pretty nasty piece of work. You're repeating all the same mistakes you have previously - try not to. As you can see a lot of people have enjoyed having you here but these outbursts do you no favours and make it difficult to defend you.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: Sydward Lartle on May 15, 2017, 10:23:28 PM
Thank fuck the tags aren't here, because you just know somebody would be quoting Chris Morris's Pulp pastiche with the Jarvis Cocker clone singing 'Myra'. What a load of bollocks that was. Yeah Chris, child murderers are hilarious, aren't they. Prick.

Oh do shut up, you stupid fucking prick.

Crabwalk

Sydward, see those alluring lights ?
Tonight will be your very last night

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Here Comes Mongo on May 15, 2017, 11:49:11 PM
That's clearly going to push his buttons - what's the point?

Neither I nor anyone else here has an obligation to moderate all their behaviour for one individual, least of all for one man who we all know through the past eighteen times is on the same trajectory regardless of the input.

A few years back I was challenged to say nothing to TC, as it was put to me I was enjoying his presence and enjoying winding him up. I stopped, didn't enter his threads or reply to anything he said. Guess what happened? The exact same thing. The only reason for my engagement this time is that unlike several of you I wasn't fooled by his initial week or two of calmness as like most long standing members we've been through all this multiple times over.  Lest we forget this is a grown man, not a child, just one with a recognised mental disorder compounded by clear social dysfunction and what seems very clear to be an unhappy and possibly solitary existence. He isn't humanly capable of coping with others views, opinions or humour which makes him particularly ill suited to being on a forum; even with a narrow demographic such as this one he can't stick it. The reason his posts are sometimes good is because he is a repository of knowledge and therefore good at didaction, but not at debate nor the thrust and parry of a forum with stratas of humour that he is incapable of interpreting, or adjusting his behaviour in lieu of understanding. You could reasonably argue his reaction to my post you quote is already evidence enough that he is dangerously unstable, attaching huge emotional weight to comments he has no mental equipment to decipher the tone of and/or simply play it cool.

And far from enjoying his presence, my favourite time of year is always when he isn't here.

That's the last I'll say on the matter until IT IS HAPPENING AGAIN

Crabwalk

Oh cookdandbombd, so much to answer for.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Good. You're a toxic presence on this forum. Please don't ever come back.

You never learn your lesson, you're pathologically incapable of interacting with people in a civil, respectful way.

You're a rude, narcissistic dickhead, Syd.  Fuck off.

Crabwalk

You might post
You might post
You might post

But you will never tag

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: Utter Shit on May 15, 2017, 11:50:23 PMTC I am one of the people that has stuck up for you recently but you are being an enormous ball bag here, even if SS does increasingly come across as a pretty nasty piece of work. You're repeating all the same mistakes you have previously - try not to. As you can see a lot of people have enjoyed having you here but these outbursts do you no favours and make it difficult to defend you.

Quoted for truth - all of it.

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on May 15, 2017, 11:58:59 PMLest we forget this is a grown man, not a child, just one with a recognised mental disorder compounded by clear social dysfunction and what seems very clear to be an unhappy and possibly solitary existence. He isn't humanly capable of coping with others views, opinions or humour which makes him particularly ill suited to being on a forum; even with a narrow demographic such as this one he can't stick it. The reason his posts are sometimes good is because blah blah blah blah blah...

And that makes it all right for you to be a complete cunt to him, yes?

Thomas

Is it at all possible that Ian Brady ever saw the excellent and recently misinterpreted 'Me Oh Myra'? Surely, back in the '90s, one of his strange old grubby loner mates visiting him must have at least mentioned it.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on May 16, 2017, 12:18:37 AM

And that makes it all right for you to be a complete cunt to him, yes?

It wasn't a pretext, so that's not relevant. All I've said to him in the past up until now (not all that much actually) is irrelevant, as the same doomed circle would be occurring with or without my involvement, as my previous post highlighted. One person said what they thought was shit, another person said what they thought was shit in response. One person couldn't take it. Terminal velocity was already being reached if you check his recent posts across the forum. No further questions.

non capisco

Quote from: Thomas on May 16, 2017, 12:19:13 AM
Is it at all possible that Ian Brady ever saw the excellent 'Me Oh Myra'?

Purves Grundy's mum appearing at the bathroom window and wagging her finger at him as he sings "but my mother had to catch me and spoil it" might actually be my favourite bit in Brass Eye.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

The real tragedy is the sad death of moors murderer Ian Brady has now been completely overshadowed.

slapasoldier

Quote from: Thomas on May 16, 2017, 12:19:13 AM
Is it at all possible that Ian Brady ever saw the excellent and recently misinterpreted 'Me Oh Myra'? Surely, back in the '90s, one of his strange old grubby loner mates visiting him must have at least mentioned it.

Did Keith Bennet's mum ever see it?

He was my favourite of the Brady Bunch.

Ahem. *Clears throat and parts arse cheeks.* FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRT!!!!!!!! Thank you, thank you!

Excuse me, ahem. I just wanted to make the point that BUM PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARP!!!

Butchers Blind

This escalated quickly.  Ian Brady has a lot to answer for even after his death.  RIP Syd.

TKO

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on May 15, 2017, 11:58:59 PM
Neither I nor anyone else here has an obligation to moderate all their behaviour for one individual, least of all for one man who we all know through the past eighteen times is on the same trajectory regardless of the input.

A few years back I was challenged to say nothing to TC, as it was put to me I was enjoying his presence and enjoying winding him up. I stopped, didn't enter his threads or reply to anything he said. Guess what happened? The exact same thing. The only reason for my engagement this time is that unlike several of you I wasn't fooled by his initial week or two of calmness as like most long standing members we've been through all this multiple times over.  Lest we forget this is a grown man, not a child, just one with a recognised mental disorder compounded by clear social dysfunction and what seems very clear to be an unhappy and possibly solitary existence. He isn't humanly capable of coping with others views, opinions or humour which makes him particularly ill suited to being on a forum; even with a narrow demographic such as this one he can't stick it. The reason his posts are sometimes good is because he is a repository of knowledge and therefore good at didaction, but not at debate nor the thrust and parry of a forum with stratas of humour that he is incapable of interpreting, or adjusting his behaviour in lieu of understanding. You could reasonably argue his reaction to my post you quote is already evidence enough that he is dangerously unstable, attaching huge emotional weight to comments he has no mental equipment to decipher the tone of and/or simply play it cool.

And far from enjoying his presence, my favourite time of year is always when he isn't here.

That's the last I'll say on the matter until IT IS HAPPENING AGAIN

"A forum with stratas of humour"?

I thought a more common opinion is that we're a load of pompous arseholes who try too hard to be funny but God knows where someone might get that idea.

Sorry about that. At the end of the day I did my best to *toilet tune* sorry about that, that we TROUSERBUUUUUUURP!!!

Ambient Sheep

Today wasn't the first time though, was it, Shoulders?  You had a right go at winding him up the other day, in fact you started a sarky snotty little thread in which to do it.  I wanted to call you out on it back then too, but I had too much going on in RL to spare the time.

What amazes me about your attitude are two things.

Firstly, when you first came on here all those years ago, as a hugely annoying little twat at times (you have improved since ;-p), there was a concerted effort to bully YOU off the board, by two other long-standing members in particular.  At first I thought it amusing and well-deserved, despite myself; but the more vicious and concerted it got (and perhaps, the more I realised they actually meant it, rather than just teasing you), the less I liked it.  In the end I had words to try to get them to lay off of you, albeit with limited success (after all, who am I?).  One might have thought you'd have remembered the experience of being bullied on here all those years ago, and thought twice before doing the same back to someone else.

Secondly, given that you've apparently done sterling work in putting forward immigration cases in court on behalf of "mentally and physically tortured asylum seekers", I'm surprised that you have so little compassion for someone who is clearly mentally ill as a result of prolonged and severe childhood abuse (which he's spoken about on here in public before, but I've tried to resist dragging up too much).  Yes, he can be a colossal pain in the arse, yes, it's no fun walking on eggshells around him, but he's a human being, and one in a lot of torment by the looks of it.

It's absolutely fine not to like the guy, as I keep saying I'm not over fond of him myself at times, but if you can't stand him then just show some fucking humanity and be quiet about it, rather than deliberately being nasty to him for the sake of... what?  What exactly?

And FWIW, I think you were wrong (although such matters can only ever be subjective).  Much as I loved "Me Oh Myra", it probably doesn't quite outweigh all of Syd's work.  I'd give my left arm to be able to draw like that.

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on May 16, 2017, 12:22:14 AMTerminal velocity was already being reached if you check his recent posts across the forum.

I agree with this, though.  It's been inevitable for the past few days.

The question is, would it always have been such?  Probably it would have been (see what I said elsewhere about his psychological patterns), but just maybe not.  But since people kept baiting him, we'll never know.

The reason I gave him so much benefit of the doubt this time was because about five years had gone past since his previous incarnation, and he did seem to have changed substantially.  (When he first appeared, I felt like asking what new medication he was on or therapy he'd had, he'd improved so much.)  Trust me, if he comes back again any time soon, I won't be so indulgent.  Doesn't mean I won't still call out bullying when I see it, though.

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on May 16, 2017, 12:22:14 AMNo further questions.

Why?  Worried about attention being drawn to the fact that you were being needlessly unpleasant?

Hangthebuggers

Quote from: Sydward Lartle on May 15, 2017, 10:52:48 PM
The sheer fucking stupidity of claiming a thirty second sketch from some gobshite Channel Four comedy show aimed at chortling chinless students laughing behind their hands and going "Gosh, how edgy!" trumping anyone's entire life's work just shows what a demented fucking sociopath Shoulders? really is. No doubt he'd say the same thing to someone who invented a cure for cancer. "Not arsed, mate, you didn't write Withnail and I, I don't give a fuck."

Christ. Do you NEED to get angry at things you don't like? I fucking despise polystyrene but I don't get angry when people mention it. I don't like hundreds of things, but I don't go on a mad one when someone else happens to enjoy a tv show/film/book/thing that I don't. Generally I'll just say 'not really my cup of tea pal'. No need to ignorantly dismiss everyone who likes said thing like you're some kind of comedy lord who knows everything about everything. Jesus, relax man.

Take a step back and consider this: If everyone was forced to only enjoy and like the things that ONLY you like, would it a be good, fun, varied world full of interesting things? No it wouldn't.

QuoteThreads about rappers, wrestling, the usual fucking Morris-fellating peasants coming out of the woodwork to piss on Spike Milligan's grave, I'm fucking done here, and God help you all.

Who gives a fuck? Some Rap music is good. It's subjective and open to individual taste you ignoramus. Wrestling is fun if you don't take it so seriously. Of course it's fake. 4 year olds know that. Just let people watch it. I don't like darts, but my mum loves it and I occasionally have to watch it.

Christ.

Thick skin, remember? Why does it even bother you?

Quote from: Danger Man on May 15, 2017, 11:05:47 PM

He's got a rather small, weak-looking chin, hasn't he?  Still, no-one's perfect.

easytarget

Quote from: Crabwalk on May 16, 2017, 12:13:59 AM
You might post
You might post
You might post

But you will never tag
+1 Karma