Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:47:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Xbox Backcompat Sale

Started by Barry Admin, May 17, 2017, 02:00:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Admin

This is seriously the tits. Post up any bargains for other posters please.

Oblivion for £3.95...tempted. Skullgirls for £1.99 - having that. Mass Effect 1 for £4.74 - tempted.

Seriously check it out. Dozens of games for a few quid a pop, some of them stone-classics, some of them hidden gems. 

Penfold

http://www.xbox.com/en-gb/promotions/sales/backward-compatibility-super-sale

I still use my 360 so I'm tempted to get some games I missed like L4D2 for £3.74 or Assassin's Creed Rogue for £4.94.

Was Comic Jumper (£2.49) any good? I might learn how to play Ticket to Ride (£1.68).

Barry Admin

Beyond Good & Evil for £2.22. Not played it yet, but apparently it's an absolute corker.
Not,

Stuntman Ignition is a lost classic. Super fun for only £2.99 - cost me like 7 quid years and years ago, but well worthy three quid to play again I reckon. Had a ball with that game back in the day.

They should put Blur up; one of the best racers ever, sadly scuppered by poor sales.

marquis_de_sad

Quote from: Penfold on May 17, 2017, 02:32:43 AM
L4D2

I've played far too much L4D2 and enjoyed it on the xbox, but I'd have to say it's probably better on PC.

LanceUppercut

I have bought Oblivion, Fallout new Vegas, Orange box and portal 2.

Anyone know if killer is dead, or alice madness returns are any good?

Penfold

Quote from: Barry Admin on May 17, 2017, 02:40:20 AM

They should put Blur up; one of the best racers ever, sadly scuppered by poor sales.

I think that's been removed from the store. I had to redownload it and had to go through my purchase history as I couldn't find it via Games on Demand.

Quote from: marquis_de_sad on May 17, 2017, 04:53:27 AM
I've played far too much L4D2 and enjoyed it on the xbox, but I'd have to say it's probably better on PC.

Cheers, I always forget it's a Valve game so associate it with the xbox.

Blue Jam

I think I'll have to give the Dead Space titles a go as I'm enjoying Prey so much. Maybe Mass Effect for the same reason. Borderlands 2 looks fun- I see it was free on Games With Gold just before I joined, bah, so I might pick that up now. Will give Portal 2 a go, cheers for the heads-up on that one. Maybe Hitman Absolution too...

biggytitbo

Was playing Blur recently, its a lot of fun, essentially Mario Kart mechanics transplanted to a more conventional racer. Another good underrated racer is Split Second.

Quote from: Blue Jam on May 17, 2017, 12:46:42 PM
Maybe Hitman Absolution too...

Yes, its a lot better than its reputation suggests.

BeardFaceMan

Was Prey the game where Phil Hendrie recorded a load of audio for an in-game radio station?

Space ghost

It was Art Bell from coast to coast AM. Jolly good it was too, a perfect fit for the alien abduction theme.

Here's a clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jh9IF6JdW3s&

A great game in its own right, the introduction and opening hour is still right up there with the best I've played over ten years later.

madhair60

I went a bit mental in this sale and bought game after game. Loads of XBLA obscurities I never got round to. Alien Hominid HD, Metal Slug XX, NeoGeo Battle Coliseum, Gears 2 and 3 DLC, etc.

Highly recommend Dead Space, that's one of the best series ever. There's a lot of crap written online about them, here's the actual truth of the matter:

Dead Space 1 - 9/10 absolutely fantastic, atmospheric game. Not even once genuinely frightening.

Dead Space 2 - 10/10 absolutely fantastic, balls to the wall action horror. One of the best games of last gen period. Aliens to the original's Alien.

Dead Space 3 - 8.5/10 marginally less absolutely fantastic, balls to the wall action horror. SLIGHTLY WORSE but still fucking brilliant. When played in co-op becomes another 10/10.

As for Alice: Madness Returns, yes, it's great for whatever pittance they're presumably charging. If I can fault anything I'd say the levels are a little bit overlong.

Barry Admin

I did a lot of reading the other night when I was pissed and ended up with Stacking, Trine 2, Foul Play and of course Sam and Max. Apparently all very good, stellar reviews. Stacking is a Tim Schafer game I was unaware of, and looks bonkers.

Barry Admin

Stacking does seem glorious, I've tried to just look at scores and not find out too much about these games. The intro is loaded with charm, quirkiness and excellent music. £2.49.

Obviously people need to pick up XCOM: Enemy Within if they don't have it. Really enjoyed Fable 2 and 3, would recommend them also. I seem to remember 3 being really impressive.

Barry Admin

Okay Stacking is obviously special. Please buy Stacking. Don't even look up anything about it, just get it and be wowed by its charm, humour and originality.

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: Space ghost on May 18, 2017, 02:24:43 PM
It was Art Bell from coast to coast AM. Jolly good it was too, a perfect fit for the alien abduction theme.

Here's a clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jh9IF6JdW3s&

A great game in its own right, the introduction and opening hour is still right up there with the best I've played over ten years later.

Ah yes, thats the one. I remember getting fed up with the game quite quickly but then just standing next to a radio and listening to it for ages.