Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:20:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Sonic Forces: Your Name The Hedgehog now official

Started by Consignia, May 17, 2017, 08:44:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Consignia

Sega have just released this trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5x1yL2kGT0

No longer can just Google "your name" The Hedgehog, he can now get mega powers, and save the real Sonic to the adulation of slightly better designed characters.

What delights will we see?

If you only buy one Sonic game this year, make it Sonic Mania.

a peepee tipi

I can't stop laughing at "He is Sakura's older brother"

This is going to be awful

Phil_A

JOSH THE HEDGEHOG
SPECIES: HEDGEHOG

I cannot wait to see the horrors produced by this.

Obel

"He enjoys listening to music."

Can't explain why this cracked me up

Bazooka

Just when you think Sega have ran out of great ideas.

Kelvin

Letting the player design the character meant they could finally spend three more minutes working on the gameplay.

madhair60

Quote from: Kelvin on May 18, 2017, 09:51:01 AM
Letting the player design the character meant they could finally spend three more minutes working on the gameplay.

Try as they might, they can't improve on perfection.

Replies From View

Nubile the Hedgehog.

At what point can we just take "the Hedgehog" for granted?

Spiteface

Quote from: Kelvin on May 18, 2017, 09:51:01 AM

No need. Generations was, as far as I'm concerned, spot-on. The "Modern" style started in Unleashed, and a very classic 2D style thrown in. They just need to resist the temptation to mess with that.

Kelvin

Quote from: Spiteface on May 18, 2017, 07:16:00 PM
No need. Generations was, as far as I'm concerned, spot-on. The "Modern" style started in Unleashed, and a very classic 2D style thrown in. They just need to resist the temptation to mess with that.

I've not played a 3D sonic game in years, but looking at the trailers of this, it yet again looks like the "classic" sonic stuff might be okay, but the 3D stuff will be janky as all hell. I'm much more interested in the retro 2D one, Sonic Mania, that's upcoming.

Mass_Panic

This looks awful, but at least we're getting Sonic Mania. Not sure why they've bothered to put in the 'classic' Sonic bits in as the crowd that would want those will be appalled by the rest of it.

colacentral

Great backstory for Josh the Hedgehog. Was his father into the subprime mortgage market? Maybe we'll get Sonic: Money Never Sleeps soon.

asids

This is gonna be amazing. Can't you not wait for all that wonderful fanfiction to come to life with these created characters?

In all seriousness, if it's similar to Generations and it seems to be, then it'll be decent. Seems as though they're playing it safe in a way by not really changing the formula of "well you can have classic Sonic AND modern Sonic!" but I can understand why they're doing it. I just hope it's at least different in some way, and not in the way of "yes now I can finally create Josh the Hedgehog!".

Beagle 2

3D Sonic looks shit doesn't he. Mario looks alright, but Sonic, you're like 'pfft, that would never happen'.

Bazooka

Quote from: Beagle 2 on May 19, 2017, 03:42:21 PM
3D Sonic looks shit doesn't he. Mario looks alright, but Sonic, you're like 'pfft, that would never happen'.

Shay Chaise

Sonic Mania looks great and is going to be about fifteen quid. Good stuff.

madhair60

Quote from: Shay Chaise on May 31, 2017, 12:17:58 PM
Sonic Mania looks great and is going to be about fifteen quid. Good stuff.

Pre-ordered my copy as soon as the trailer ended. I mean, I'm a Sonic mark (aka a Fucking Idiot) so I was always going to anyway, but still. Hnngh.