Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 06:48:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Is Keith Bob Mortimer?

Started by c, May 17, 2017, 10:20:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Banlon

Keith's accent gets less full-on Geordie and more 'Boro-ish in the later calls.

Lfbarfe

Ach, Iain's a lovely man and the show's a fucking delight.

dr beat

Having listened to these and Athletico Mince I think I can get a sense of what Bob brings to the Reeves & Mortimer partnership.  While they're obviously both on the same wavelength humour-wise, Vic seems to be more into abstract ideas (I note on his RHLSTP Vic asserts that he sees what he does very much as art), whereas I think Bob is good on earthy detail, particularly dialogue and situations.

Five calls in and I'm loving already how its spiralling into more and more absurdity.

c

I recommend following his Twitter @sportvideokeith

He's set up an account for Buttery Clive and they're having a fabulous argument

Small Man Big Horse

Edit: Moved to a more appropriate thread.

iamcoop

This is a no brainer surely? Clearly Bob.

Fucking hell. Said this so many times but I could listen to Bob read out the phone book and I'd be in hysterics.

Please don't ever die Bob. When he goes will probably be the day I properly cry my eyes out over the death of a comedian.

He once said the word "shoes" in such a way that made me laugh so much I had to get off the metro 2 stops early so I could get my life back together.

Here Comes Mongo

Isn't this just a ploy by Bob to generate traffic for his mate Iain Lee's crap radio programme?

Depressed Beyond Tables

Probably. He's reached out to Keith on Twitter.

Artemis

Was Bob on Down The Line? If not, wasted opportunity.

I know it's pretty harmless but Iain Lee comes across as such a patronising prick in these videos.  All that mugging to camera, jesus wept. And the silences he leaves knowing the caller will likely get flustered and put their foot it in are shameless.

I don't reckon he knows it's Bob, I think he's just taking the piss out of an apparently befuddled man. It's weird because as others have said, he comes across as self-aware and considerate in the Buckles and Herring podcasts. Wonder why there's such a disconnect in his own work.

brownjam

Fuck me that was painful, I didn't think Bob could sink any lower than co-hosting a show with that cunt Andy Dawson on Talk Sport. I'm sure he was funny once.

Artemis

Quote from: Lfbarfe on May 19, 2017, 11:48:44 AM
Ach, Iain's a lovely man and the show's a fucking delight.

No he's not and no it's not.

People are aware that Iain Lee and Bob Mortimer have worked together on and off for a number of years, right?

c

I wasn't. & Have to admit, Twitter Keith and Twitter Clive got annoying/boring somewhere at the top of the weekend. Have now unfollowed.

Quote from: Peter P. Parrot on May 22, 2017, 06:29:07 PM
People are aware that Iain Lee and Bob Mortimer have worked together on and off for a number of years, right?

Blimey, didn't know that at all. My theory that Bob is playing Iain like a fiddle is clearly bollocks, then. Cheerfully withdrawn.

Enzo

Quote from: c on May 22, 2017, 07:44:41 PM
I wasn't. & Have to admit, Twitter Keith and Twitter Clive got annoying/boring somewhere at the top of the weekend. Have now unfollowed.

I'm not sure that they were 'legit' accounts though. Didn't seem like it to me

Depressed Beyond Tables

Quote from: Enzo on May 22, 2017, 09:22:55 PM
I'm not sure that they were 'legit' accounts though. Didn't seem like it to me

Official Bob TM asked one of them to follow him.