Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,584,358
  • Total Topics: 106,754
  • Online Today: 1,132
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 06:09:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

What is the most 90s thing?

Started by Jobey, May 18, 2017, 08:36:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blumf

[Ominous low synth tone as image slowly zooms in on his eyes]

selsdon man

The episode of the Simpsons with Tony Hawks. Even though it was broadcast in 2003.

Brundle-Fly

(far left) "Don't drag me into this thread!"

Absorb the anus burn

The most 90's thing...?

A cassette single of a Ned's Atomic Dustbin song being sold in the Woolies bargain bucket for 49p.

thenoise

Being called 'sad' as an insult.

Brundle-Fly

One of the contemporaneous teenager characters in Doctor Who recently used the term, "Wicked!". I thought that would be the sort of thing their parents would say to look cool but would be hopelessly out of date.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Absorb the anus burn on May 18, 2017, 02:36:15 PM
The most 90's thing...?

A cassette single of a Ned's Atomic Dustbin song being sold in the Woolies bargain bucket for 49p.

I still break out Are You Normal? when I'm wandering around in the height of summer.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Shit Good Nose

pigamus

Kane Jones

Waking up around 9ish on a weekday during summer holiday and watching Saved By The Bell in bed on a portable telly.
Wanking over Kelly Kapowski from Saved By The Bell.

dr beat

Drinking Hooch in a Firkin pub.

Bright orange/lime/lemon shirts and checked kecks.

Quote from: pigamus on May 18, 2017, 03:14:43 PM
That font, definitely.
It was also used on TFI Friday, wasn't it? Speaking of which; Chris Evans bestrode the decade like a Titian Titan and then just seemed to disappear (to Radio 2, which is basically the same thing).

thenoise

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on May 18, 2017, 03:28:40 PM
It was also used on TFI Friday, wasn't it? Speaking of which; Chris Evans bestrode the decade like a Titian Titan and then just seemed to disappear (to Radio 2, which is basically the same thing).
He was waiting for Billie to come of age.  Which was jolly decent of him, considering the behaviour of some of his Radio 1 predecessors.

He's tried several TV comebacks including The One Show, Top Gear, etc.  Trouble is that everyone used to watch him / listen to him, but nobody really has fond memories of him, do they?

purlieu

Vodka Margarine

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 18, 2017, 01:13:13 PM
Remember that period in the 90's where MTV in its entirety consisted of annoying vj's, beavis and butthead and this piece of shit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2up7su7CeMU

That's classic era MTV, you silly billy. See also - Daria, 120 Minutes, Music Non Stop, MTV's Most Wanted (with Ray Cokes, pictured above), Headbangers Ball, Yo! MTV Raps, that programme with someone (usually Toby Amies) presenting indie videos in a white room, hours of swirly colourful ambient videos well into the night, plus lashings and lashings of Marijne out of Salad.

Mr Banlon

Jo Guest wanking off Liam Gallagher in time to the TFI Friday theme tune.

pigamus

AND I SAID WAAAADDABAART BREAKFAST AT TIFFANY'S

Phil_A

Quote from: thenoise on May 18, 2017, 03:34:42 PM
He was waiting for Billie to come of age.  Which was jolly decent of him, considering the behaviour of some of his Radio 1 predecessors.

He's tried several TV comebacks including The One Show, Top Gear, etc.  Trouble is that everyone used to watch him / listen to him, but nobody really has fond memories of him, do they?

He also produced a few shows that flopped, including the Vernon Kay disaster Boys And Girls and a failed attempt to turn Chris Moyles into a TV personality.

checkoutgirl

That haircut Jennifer Aniston had in popular comedy programme Central Park Friends. It was so of its time.

Also grunge music.

thenoise

Quote from: Phil_A on May 18, 2017, 04:10:44 PM
He also produced a few shows that flopped, including the Vernon Kay disaster Boys And Girls and a failed attempt to turn Chris Moyles into a TV personality.
Not to mention Johnny Vegas: 18 Stone of Idiot

Blumf

Quote from: Vodka Margarine on May 18, 2017, 03:49:13 PM
That's classic era MTV, you silly billy. See also - Daria, 120 Minutes, Music Non Stop, MTV's Most Wanted (with Ray Cokes, pictured above), Headbangers Ball, Yo! MTV Raps, that programme with someone (usually Toby Amies) presenting indie videos in a white room, hours of swirly colourful ambient videos well into the night, plus lashings and lashings of Marijne out of Salad.

billtheburger

Quote from: checkoutgirl on May 18, 2017, 04:12:34 PM
That haircut Jennifer Aniston had in popular comedy programme Central Park Friends. It was so of its time.

Also grunge music.
Actually everything about Friends is quintessentially the 90s in a nutshell

pigamus

Quote from: Phil_A on May 18, 2017, 04:10:44 PM

Terry and Gaby! Never understood why he didn't just do that himself.

The X-Files and associated alien conspiracy stuff. American paranoia turning inward in the absence of an external enemy, or something like that. I know X-Files carried on into the noughties for a few series (plus the revival last year), but it all seemed a bit redundant in the age of 9/11, Snowden etc.

pigamus

Mr Banlon

Un-tucked Ben Sherman shirts in leary colours.