Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:07:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Rolf Harris to be let out of prison tomorrow

Started by brownjam, May 18, 2017, 10:33:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

im barry bethel

Surely plod have got more charges in the offing and are just toying with him before arresting him just the other side of the gates

argh

Quote from: im barry bethel on May 18, 2017, 10:38:15 AM
Surely plod have got more charges in the offing and are just toying with him before arresting him just the other side of the gates

given how the justice system has acted thus far this scenario isn't remotely implausible

Quote from: im barry bethel on May 18, 2017, 10:38:15 AM

He's being retried right now from a couple of charges undecided in the trial earlier this year, plus an extra one, so he may be going back soon, depending on how this latest trial goes.

Petey Pate

The day after Chelsea Manning is released.  There really is justice in the world.

Custard

Imagine how it'd feel to go overnight from being one of the public's most loved entertainers to being known as a despicable fiddler, undoing and shitting all over everything else you've ever done? I know, poor Rolf etc, but I'm just wondering how much that'd mess up your head. It's gone from kisses and hugs, to probably thinking he might get strung up any second. It's such a radical change to how you are viewed by others. He must have lost the plot on some level by now

I met him once, after a pantomime at the Wimbledon theatre, in the mid 90's. He didn't mention any of this then. I think my mum shook his hand. Though she was about 40, so she needn't have worried. BOOM TISH

Utter Shit

Considering he's not just a paedophiles but one of the most recognisable celebrities in the country, I imagine it's not so much a case of 'let out of prison' as 'forced to leave prison'. Assuming he's on the extra-naughty wing with the rest of the nonces, he's probably a lot safer where he is now.

biggytitbo

Thank god for that, this has been a terrible ordeal for us all. Can't wait for him to pop up as the surprise housemate on celebrity big brother.

Custard

Do vigilante groups bother stringing up peados these days? There's just so many of them. It'd be a full time job

Quote from: Shameless Custard on May 18, 2017, 12:36:58 PM
Imagine how it'd feel to go overnight from being one of the public's most loved entertainers to being known as a despicable fiddler, undoing and shitting all over everything else you've ever done? I know, poor Rolf etc, but I'm just wondering how much that'd mess up your head. It's gone from kisses and hugs, to probably thinking he might get strung up any second. It's such a radical change to how you are viewed by others. He must have lost the plot on some level by now

I met him once, after a pantomime at the Wimbledon theatre, in the mid 90's. He didn't mention any of this then. I think my mum shook his hand. Though she was about 40, so she needn't have worried. BOOM TISH

Harris, Savile, Dave Lee Travis, Rod Hull, Gary Glitter.  Each one of them was part of the tapestry of fun of my 70s childhood-turned now into a Bayeaux Tapestry of carnage, a slaughterground of innocence.

biggytitbo

Not to mention the extortionate price of string these days.

Custard

Wait, what, Rod Hull? How did I miss that?!

Quote from: Shameless Custard on May 18, 2017, 12:44:36 PM
Wait, what, Rod Hull? How did I miss that?!

Not noncing, but the tragic way he ended, bankrupted then falling off his cottage roof, while tuning his aerial.

Custard

Ah OK! Though a quick Google just revealed Eric Bistow of all people claiming Hull used to use Emu to "molest fans"

So what did Bistow do, watch? Masturbate?

Alberon

It was Emu doing all the molesting. On camera too! You can't blame Rod Hull, though. I mean if you watch the videos you can see he was doing all he could to hold the deranged bird back.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39960138

Appearing in person at his trial from next week.  Be interesting to see photos/footage/court reporting of how he looks after his last three years.

darby o chill

Quote from: Shameless Custard on May 18, 2017, 12:47:41 PMEric Bistow

The rest of that article is like a Stewart Lee bit.

QuoteBristow's book also recounts a violent teenage past which saw him attack a policeman and beat a man unconscious with a pool cue.
Confessing to carrying a claw hammer "just in case", he was also part of a burglary gang, but maintains the group "respected" the homes they targeted.

He wrote: "We'd never soil the beds or urinate up the walls the ways they do now." During one raid he even claims the gang stopped to cook themselves breakfast, adding: "But because we were good thieves we even washed the pots and put them back where we found them."

Replies From View

I'm Rolf Harris, Get Me Ahoo-ahaa-ahoo-ahaaout Of Here!

batwings

I haven't been keeping up on things but I assume his Rolf's Cartoon Club gig is waiting for him when he comes out?

batwings

Quote from: Alberon on May 18, 2017, 02:35:19 PM
It was Emu doing all the molesting. On camera too! You can't blame Rod Hull, though. I mean if you watch the videos you can see he was doing all he could to hold the deranged bird back.

Nah, Rod definitely had a hand in it.

Alberon

How? He had a real left arm and an equally real right arm holding Emu up. Are you suggesting he had some mutant third arm? Madness!

Custard

It's only just dawned on me what a lazy name Emu was for the emu. He's an emu and he's called Emu

Butchers Blind

Is he going to release that album of tunes the papers were saying he had written while inside?

It's a shame he just missed out on Eurovision. Maybe next year.

touchingcloth

You know that scene in Tradin' Places where Frank Oz returns Dan à Ykroyd's stuff to him? Yeah, well, that.

Given the sheer number of celebs on the nonce wing at Stafford Prison maybe Rolf's managed to rope in some guest stars for this new autobiographical album.

It could be like Band Aid. Nonce Aid.

I'm picturing the video now, Rolf on the wobble board belting out the chorus, a smiling Gary Glitter with his arms around him, Max Clifford harmonising...

JoeyBananaduck

Quote from: Quote on May 19, 2017, 12:38:28 AM
Given the sheer number of celebs on the nonce wing at Stafford Prison maybe Rolf's managed to rope in some guest stars for this new autobiographical album.

It could be like Band Aid. Nonce Aid.

I'm picturing the video now, Rolf on the wobble board belting out the chorus, a smiling Gary Glitter with his arms around him, Max Clifford harmonising...

"We arrrre the worrrrrld
We molest childreeeen...."

ajsmith

It'd be an uphill struggle to say the least, but imagine he was about to build up his career from scratch all over again, winning over a whole new audience.

Urinal Cake

He's yours now Britain. We'll keep the wobble board.