Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:35:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Rolf Harris to be let out of prison tomorrow

Started by brownjam, May 18, 2017, 10:33:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norton Canes

So has anyone had the pleasure of bumping into Mr Harris yet? I presume that now he's at liberty to roam the land, he's been taking the opportunity to visit all kinds of far-flung British locations, and stroll once more among the populace.

Bazooka

I saw him in SPAR, buying reduced scones. He had eaten three of them before paying with a £50 note, you could tell he was struggling eating them, they were so dry, "scones were better in the slammer" he sighed to the shop staff.

ajsmith

It'll likely be cheaper to book him for live events now, at least in the early stages of his massive media comeback.

Norton Canes

Quote from: Bazooka on May 22, 2017, 10:49:12 AM
I saw him in SPAR, buying reduced scones. He had eaten three of them before paying with a £50 note, you could tell he was struggling eating them, they were so dry, "scones were better in the slammer" he sighed to the shop staff

I hope, when he was first incarcerated, he didn't accept any of the other lags' offers of a 'cream tea'.

ajsmith

Triumphant Royal Variety Performance comeback by 2022. Calling it now.

biggytitbo

When's that album with the decidedly tart lyrics out?

im barry bethel

Say what you like about Rolf but at least bookings are up at the look a like agency

Glebe

batwings

Quote from: ajsmith on May 22, 2017, 11:44:27 AM
Genuine post release sighting?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dm0ZBKf2UI

If it's not him it might be time to consider an image change. Actually, either way.

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: batwings on May 22, 2017, 02:16:43 PM
If it's not him it might be time to consider an image change. Actually, either way.

I saw a Rolf Harris lookalike last year. Mate!

Dex Sawash

I look a lot like Rolf
Spoiler alert
to a small child
[close]

Dr Rock

Reckon he'll definitely try and get a 'My Version Of Events Where I'm Innocent' style book published.

batwings

Quote from: Dr Rock on May 22, 2017, 05:50:43 PM
Reckon he'll definitely try and get a 'My Version Of Events Where I'm Innocent' style book published.

If I didgeridid it.

Dr Rock

Quote from: batwings on May 22, 2017, 06:08:06 PM
If I didgeridid it.

Bugger, I tried to think of a Rolf pun on 'If I Did It' and missed that one.

ajsmith

The world's changed a lot since Rolf went into prison. I wonder what his takes on Brexit and Trump et all are?

biggytitbo

Not to mention what he thinks of computers ands the internet. He must think he is living in sci-fi land!

Dex Sawash

Quote from: batwings on May 22, 2017, 06:08:06 PM
If I didgeridid it.

+7 karma

Quote from: biggytitbo on May 22, 2017, 06:23:41 PM
He must think he is living in sci-fi land!

Probably hopes he accidentally stumbled through a portal into an alternate reality where much-loved national treasure Rolf Harris was reviled as a paedo and sex groper, and is going to stumble through the portal back into his former world.

Replies From View

I'm going to miss the potential for him to appear onscreen in court absent-mindedly shitting.

Ambient Sheep

Blimey, that was quick.  Or maybe I've just had a very busy week.

So this is the retrial, with the second hung jury on this matter?  I guess he gets off, then.  <insert your own joke here>

Alberon

The jury was only sent out Friday (or was it Thursday) seems a bit quick to reach the conclusion a verdict can't be agreed on.

Still, I'd expect that will be that. Harris will have to settle for the English version of 'not proven' and will hopefully disappear for the last few years of his life.

biggytitbo

Harris just before or after he met an early victim, somewhat lacking in finesse and subtlety.

As a seasoned offender, having refined his earlier cruder procedures.  'See, I carried this little locket of oil round my neck.  When opportunity prevented, I moistened this finger with it...'

Replies From View

batwings

He is now free to go back to living a normal life.

Alberon

The prosecution has said they wouldn't retry the cases again.

I hope he just slinks off into obscurity, but part of me would love to hear this album he was supposedly writing while banged up.

Replies From View

Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiit's....... (Everybody!!)....

Ro-aho-aholf's Cartoon Club!
Rolf's Car-aha-toon Club!
etc

I hope we can have the complete series on DVD now.  I used to think he was saying "You can join the day!" but he wasn't.  He was saying "You can join today!" - by which he meant join the cartoon club.  But I thought being in the club meant being on telly.  I just didn't get it.

The woman who spent a fortune on a Rolf Harris painting as some kind of investment, and was livid when it dropped in value as a result of all the allegations, should be happy now.  But I bet she burned the painting.  Bound to have done.