Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:53:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Think of all the great tags we're missing.

Started by Glebe, May 19, 2017, 12:09:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glebe

Just think of it. Sigh.

Seriously though, musn't grumble... cheers for getting CaB Basic back up, Barry.

Glebe

Quote from: Mr Brightside on May 19, 2017, 12:10:14 PM
You're never satisfied.

That's what you said last night! When you tugged me off in a layby.

Barry Admin

Guess how long they were on the site for, go on guess..

Glebe

Quote from: Barry Admin on May 19, 2017, 12:12:32 PM
Guess how long they were on the site for, go on guess..

This new site? Ten minutes?

Eight Taiwanese Teenagers

If you think you can get away with the typo in this thread title, you've got another thing coming.

Glebe

It probably was only a year or so. Memory's fucked.

Mr Brightside

Quote from: Eight Taiwanese Teenagers on May 19, 2017, 12:19:00 PM
If you think you can get away with the typo in this thread title, you've got another thing coming.

Yeah. He needs to spend more time composing his posts instead of moaning about tags.

Barry Admin

TEN FUCKING YEARS

How old do you feel now?

Glebe

Quote from: Eight Taiwanese Teenagers on May 19, 2017, 12:19:00 PM

I can't possible thing want you mean.

Cerys

thenoise

How about all those Cabbers who only ever talked to us through tags say hello?  Your messages can all be short and pithy if it makes you feel more comfortable.

Glebe

Quote from: Barry Admin on May 19, 2017, 12:20:31 PM
TEN FUCKING YEARS

How old do you feel now?

Fuck. Me.

It's sad because any new threads about aging comedians will now remain tagless. So we'll never know if the surviving Grumbleweed will ever get punched in the spleen or spiced with a sea cucumber.

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: Glebe on May 19, 2017, 12:33:07 PM
Fuck. Me.

It's sad because any new threads about aging comedians will now remain tagless. So we'll never know if the surviving Grumbleweed will ever get punched in the spleen or spiced with a sea cucumber.

One day all those lost tags will be found either in the late Bob Monkhouse's comedy archive or in a South African TV studio stationery cupboard. Mark my words.

Glebe

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on May 19, 2017, 12:42:11 PMOne day all those lost tags will be found either in the late Bob Monkhouse's comedy archive or in a South African TV studio stationery cupboard. Mark my words.

Or they'll be stumbled upon in an attic in Belgium while searching for lost Doctor Whos. It'll be a treasure of random violence.

non capisco

Quote from: Barry Admin on May 19, 2017, 12:20:31 PM
TEN FUCKING YEARS

How old do you feel now?

A decade ago since I was dedicatedly putting a lame Purple Aki reference in the tags on every thread for reasons I can't even begin to attempt remembering. 2007 was an odd year for me.

PS Can I feel your muscles?

JesusAndYourBush

The Little & Large Christmas Special thread tags helped me through some pretty bad low points in my depression. It was effectively a safety blanket that I could just open up and go from suicidal to guffawing in under 30 seconds.

Basically, if I die now, it's all this forums' fault.

Also:

Glebe

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on May 21, 2017, 03:29:23 PMThe Little & Large Christmas Special thread tags helped me through some pretty bad low points in my depression. It was effectively a safety blanket that I could just open up and go from suicidal to guffawing in under 30 seconds.

Indeed. CaB contributions frequently lift me out of utter desolation, and the image of Eddie doing something to Syd's spleen is pretty much a fail-proof.

hedgehog90

A good tag would sometimes communicate more than a whole thread of posts. I miss them.
What I miss more though is the karma. All my beloved karma, gone.
I'm ashamed to admit it, but without the prospect of karma I don't think I have the motivation to contribute much besides, well, a shit post like this.
I don't understand why some people didn't like it.
Can we just have positive karma back, and display it under the poster's avatar? I like to be reminded if I'm reading the work of CaB royalty or some lowly muck-raking peasant.

Barry Admin

Quote from: hedgehog90 on May 21, 2017, 05:54:32 PM
What I miss more though is the karma. All my beloved karma, gone.
I'm ashamed to admit it, but without the prospect of karma I don't think I have the motivation to contribute much besides, well, a shit post like this.

What, seriously? Communication shouldn't have to be incentivised.

Can we not have one site on the net that's not like all the other sites on the net?

hedgehog90

Quote from: Barry Admin on May 21, 2017, 06:01:30 PM
What, seriously? Communication shouldn't have to be incentivised.

Can we not have one site on the net that's not like all the other sites on the net?

I'm sure the majority of us would agree that positive karma was a nice thing. Why get rid of a nice thing?
That's all I'm saying.

Barry Admin

Quote from: hedgehog90 on May 21, 2017, 06:14:31 PM
I'm sure the majority of us would agree that positive karma was a nice thing. Why get rid of a nice thing?
That's all I'm saying.

If you had just positive karma, people would still use it to be negative.

Vodka Margarine

I'm finding I'm not missing karma as much as I thought I would. I was 17 pos karms away from joining the four figure club and I am in no way remotely sore about that. No way.

Glebe

No Karmas not that big an issue for me, but tags are a major thing... I think people post more tags then actual posts, and while I'm as guilty as anyone of posting really awful ones, the zingers make it all worthwhile.