Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 03:44:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Turned on 6 Music there...

Started by Barry Admin, May 19, 2017, 02:40:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveDave

Quote from: CaledonianGonzo on May 21, 2017, 04:15:10 PM
I met Cerys a few weeks back at the 6Music Festival in Glasgow.  I offered to buy her a pint cos I do really dig the show, but it wound up with her trying to buy me one.

I lit a fag for her in Clwb Ifor Bach in the late 90s. She winked at me. I almost came.

NEW PAGE- STEVEDAVE ALMOST SPUNKED IN HIS C&A JEANS

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: Head Gardener on May 24, 2017, 08:36:09 AM
I love 6Music and generally tune in if ever I am at work, but I erm, don't ummmm...have,  errm... much ummm... time, for errr.... Mary ummmm, Anne, erm... Hobbs, ffs....

Do you have time ffff... for ....eeeEERrrrRRRrrrrrgggh...ber-ber-ber-ber-ber-nnnnneeerrRRrrggh, pa-pa-pa Ma-mer-mer-mer-Mark Radcliffe though?

momatt

Mary-Anne HobbNob is beautiful and perfect and lovely.  And plays good music.

As a teenager her Breezeblock show was massive to me.  Got loads of tapes and minidiscs of her old shows, with fantastic guest DJ mixes.

phantom_power

Quote from: momatt on May 24, 2017, 10:06:36 AM

For some reason I distrust her ernestness and enthusiasm for EVERYTHING. And she talks like a consumptive pensioner as well. Speak up woman!

Head Gardener

Quote from: momatt on May 24, 2017, 10:06:36 AM

As a teenager her Breezeblock show was massive to me.  Got loads of tapes and minidiscs of her old shows, with fantastic guest DJ mixes.

she may play some good tunes but she'd never get a job on Radio 4
or maybe it's just cool these days to sound stoned?

momatt

Quote from: phantom_power on May 24, 2017, 10:09:05 AM
For some reason I distrust her ernestness and enthusiasm for EVERYTHING.

I genuinely see your point.  That's the main reason I hate Zane Lowe.  But as it's her show, why would she play anything she doesn't like?
I like her enthusiasm.

Quote from: Head Gardener on May 24, 2017, 10:24:22 AM
Good.
Yes.  Yes it is.

phantom_power

Quote from: momatt on May 24, 2017, 10:41:13 AM
I genuinely see your point.  That's the main reason I hate Zane Lowe.  But as it's her show, why would she play anything she doesn't like?
I like her enthusiasm.

I like enthusiasm and am generally wary of guessing motivation but I can't shake it with her. I think it is because she uses the exact same awed tones about everthing she talks about, which is just not realistic. It is probably just her manner though. I am aware that I am probably being irrational

Head Gardener

Sebastian Cobb

She did do a classical series on Radio 3 a few years ago though. Makes you think.

I swear she didn't used to sound like that when she was doing the Rock Show or the Breezeblock.

SteveDave

She sounds like she's trying to record her radio show without waking her mum up in the next room because she's on nights.

PaulTMA

Hasn't Hobbes voice changed considerably since the late 90s?  I seem to remember her delivery being more enthusiastic in an upfront way and these days she's more soft and restrained.  It's almost like she's consciously retrained in order to get work on radio for older people and in adverts.

Sebastian Cobb

Does she do adverts? Can't say I've heard her.

momatt

Not to my knowledge.  Which is lucky as I'd be obliged to buy whatever tat she was selling.

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on May 21, 2017, 09:24:30 PM
Probably. Maybe Roland Rivron can reminisce about that in 2021?

What does Rowland Rivron actually do?

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on May 24, 2017, 04:00:31 PM
What does Rowland Rivron actually do?

He still does the odd reality show appearances, voiceovers, head and shoulders telly appearances but these days he's a much sought after painter and decorator for the celebs, believe it or not?