Author Topic: Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance  (Read 205 times)

purlieu

• Woo-hoo, Lord Nimon!
Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance
« on: May 19, 2017, 06:11:25 pm »
TV series coming to Netflix. Jim Henson Company making it. No plot info etc. Mixed feelings, the film is one of my favourites.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGzVYyV_Jsg

Glebe

• Wicker shit.
Re: Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 06:26:45 pm »
There was the comic of course, but they've been talking about a movie sequel for a long time... love those production design sketches (from the original?), and that glimpse of the new, animatronic Skeksis at the end there!

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2017, 09:15:40 pm »
Looking forward to it, hopefully it will be set before the crystal shard was returned so we still have the Skeksis running the Empire and a diaspora of weird fucking creatures populating the land, and scope for creating more. I hope it's not going to be all about an innocuous Gelfling completing some undaunting task or it will be too similar to the movie or LOTR.

Kelvin

• Bowser's Top Magikoopa
  • Silver Member
  • We kept our willies in their cottony caves
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2017, 09:35:57 pm »
I loved the film as a kid, but it does contain this memorable character arc:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-kMUZZVKCI

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2017, 09:49:58 pm »
This is a prequel, apparently.

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2017, 09:54:03 pm »
Looking at it with adult eyes, with all their partying, dainty dinners, ostentatious dresses, jewels. furs and bitching constantly with one another about who's in charge, the Skeksis were right load of old drag queens weren't they? The whimpering Chamberlain is no match for the powerbottom Treasurer "TRIAL BY STONE!" and gets stripped naked like in some Skull & Bones hazing ceremony.

Phil_A

• HE WAS AN ROBOT
    • Chasing The Bumblebee
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2017, 10:04:21 pm »
One of those weird little things I remember about the original film was the lead female character was voiced by Lisa Maxwell off the Russ Abbott Show(and later The Bill).

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2017, 10:15:31 pm »
anyone watched the darker fanedit, supposedly closer to Henson's version, rather than the studio's?

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2017, 10:50:45 pm »
This is a prequel, apparently.

The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance returns to the world of Thra with an all new adventure. When three Gelfling discover the horrifying secret behind the Skeksis’ power, they set out on an epic journey to ignite the fires of rebellion and save their world.

Way too much like LOTR, then. Oh well, still looking forward to it.