Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 12:58:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

What wouldn't you wear?

Started by Birdie, May 21, 2017, 09:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buelligan

Jesus Christ, that's not a rugby player, that's Sébastien Chabal.  I don't know.

Clive Langham

I would also not wear one of those James May-style patterned shirts middle-aged blokes wear with blue jeans when they're being smart-casual.

Buelligan

Clive Langham

Clive Langham

Glebe

Quote from: Clive Langham on May 21, 2017, 03:43:25 PMOr anything made of gold.

Or diamonds, particularly on the soles of my shoes.

checkoutgirl

Leather trousers. There's just no excuse.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Clive Langham on May 21, 2017, 03:16:15 PM
Bowie's not wearing shorts! That's a onesie!

That's not a onesie, that's a leotard.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Clive Langham on May 21, 2017, 03:33:18 PM
I would also not wear one of those James May-style patterned shirts middle-aged blokes wear with blue jeans when they're being smart-casual.

I wouldn't wear that Jeremy Clarkson style where he wears stonewash jeans pulled up too high and a button down collar shirt tucked into the jeans. Big belly hanging over the belt, all arms and legs. Double denim. Dad fashion. Clarkson came out of the womb badly dressed.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: checkoutgirl on May 21, 2017, 04:36:52 PM
I wouldn't wear that Jeremy Clarkson style where he wears stonewash jeans pulled up too high and a button down collar shirt tucked into the jeans. Big belly hanging over the belt, all arms and legs. Double denim. Dad fashion. Clarkson came out of the womb badly dressed.

There's probably an entire threadsworth of things that are 'for clarksons' reactionary opinion, James Bond, insulting foreigners for no apparent reason... that sort of thing.

thenoise

I wouldn't wear a shirt that says 'EAT SLEEP RAPE REPEAT'

as hilarious as it is.

jobotic

Baggy shirts, baggy jeans, baggy trousers, baggy t-shirts. I like clothes that fit. Sometimes i take it too far and squeeze into things that I probably shouldn't - like things with a 30/31 inch waist.

Attila

Haven't worn sneakers/trainers since I had to for PE in high school. Haven't worn jeans in maybe 20 years or more. In fact rarely wear trousers. No t-shirts with writing on them --  only wear t-shirts around the house/to sleep in, and still turn them inside out if they've got writing on them.

Mixing blue and black -- nope.

I still adhere to the 'No white after Labor Day' thing.

Not keen on open-toe/peep toe shoes. Cannot wait for the shoulder-cut-out fad to go away.

shh

Jeans. Always seemed a bit like cowboy-cosplay to me.

White socks. Haven't since I was in junior school. Hate them.

Slip-on shoes, sandals, flip-flops, hi-tops, those stupid pointy winkle picker things, v-necked T-shirts, skinny jeans, anything leather (besides shoes), hats in general, anything fleece (not old enough yet), tracksuits...

I'm very particular.

Brundle-Fly

These jeans from the 1981 movie, So Fine 

My arse would look like The Mitchell Brothers getting suffocated in some denim Thai sweatshop.

Mr Banlon

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on May 21, 2017, 09:32:51 PM
These jeans from the 1981 movie, So Fine 

My arse would look like The Mitchell Brothers getting suffocated in some denim Thai sweatshop.

I doubt she'd pull off that look now.  https://youtu.be/0WjYitGWrYg?t=692

Hangthebuggers

Skinny jeans. No.

Overtly baggy jeans. No.

Tweed jackets on anyone under the age of 50. No.

Hipster style braces on a checked shirt. Unless you're cutting fucking logs (which you're probably not if you're drinking lattes out of an avocado with your shit mates). No.

Icehaven

Quote from: thenoise on May 21, 2017, 04:49:06 PM
I wouldn't wear a shirt that says 'EAT SLEEP RAPE REPEAT'

as hilarious as it is.

Ages ago I saw a bloke wearing a shirt with the legend IT WON'T SUCK ITSELF on, which I have to admit I laughed at if only because by virtue of being a tshirt being worn in public it wasn't really directed at anyone in particular, so it seemed like both a (arguably redundant) lament that his penis indeed couldn't perform fellatio on itself, and an invitation to every man woman and child that could read it to help out if they didn't mind. 

Buelligan

Quote from: checkoutgirl on May 21, 2017, 04:30:43 PM
Leather trousers. There's just no excuse.

Not wanting to lose your knees or arse when riding motorcycles.  Though us veggies probably prefer cordura.

Replies From View

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: Mr Banlon on May 21, 2017, 09:44:27 PM
I doubt she'd pull off that look now.  https://youtu.be/0WjYitGWrYg?t=692

Another teenage role model ruined!!

Thanks for that, Mr Banlon

spamwangler

no, he just looks silly now

imitationleather

Quote from: icehaven on May 21, 2017, 09:57:08 PM
Ages ago I saw a bloke wearing a shirt with the legend IT WON'T SUCK ITSELF on, which I have to admit I laughed at if only because by virtue of being a tshirt being worn in public it wasn't really directed at anyone in particular, so it seemed like both a (arguably redundant) lament that his penis indeed couldn't perform fellatio on itself, and an invitation to every man woman and child that could read it to help out if they didn't mind.

Similar but I think even shitter, I remember years and years (and years) ago seeing someone in the LSE student union bar wearing a t-shirt bearing an extremely clumsy phrase like "Ladies! Your dinner is down here!" with an arrow pointing to his cock. Don't remember the exact wording but it just didn't flow correctly and that took the impact away from the shock of him wearing a rude t-shirt. So you'd stand there for a second trying to make sense of it and then you'd understand and be like, "Oh... Er... That is really unfunny." I had to point it out to a few people to get a second opinion on it and they agreed with me so I must have been right and won.

MuteBanana

I used to go out in leather trousers so you'd think I was fearless forever when it came to clothes.

But these days I'm against shorts, sandals, Crocs, hats, onesies and knitwear.

checkoutgirl

Ripped jeans. People actually buying jeans that are already torn to fuck. People handing over top dollar for denim trousers that are already destroyed.

No chance. If i see someone i know wearing them i tell them to get a needle and thread. I never get bored of that admonishment.

Buelligan

Quote from: Replies From View on May 21, 2017, 11:15:12 PM
She has a very shiny arse.  Must be the brasso.

You jest of course.  Everyone who is anyone knows your study of mannequin bottoms.  She's wearing a falsie, poor woman. Obvious mannequin is obvious.

yesitsme

I don't wear anything with a logo on it if I can help it.  You may have to put up with an odd crocodile here or two people sat back to back there but there's none of this 'GAP' emblazoned across the front of your hoodie nonsense going on in my wardrobe I can tell you.

Nothing zany.  No Daffy Duck ties, Mickey Mouse braces or socks that have 'Time for Beer' written on them.

How about women in Betty Boop t-shirts.  Grown women.  Not children.  Women.

WesterlyWinds

Skinny jeans. Far too much effort putting them on and pulling them off. If I can't simply step back into my discarded jeans from the night before I'm not interested.