Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 07:43:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

What wouldn't you wear?

Started by Birdie, May 21, 2017, 09:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thenoise

I must admit that false arses have come a long way since the wooden one that Mrs Williams used to wear at school.

jobotic

Quote from: imitationleather on May 22, 2017, 12:50:32 AM
Similar but I think even shitter, I remember years and years (and years) ago seeing someone in the LSE student union bar wearing a t-shirt bearing an extremely clumsy phrase like "Ladies! Your dinner is down here!" with an arrow pointing to his cock. Don't remember the exact wording but it just didn't flow correctly and that took the impact away from the shock of him wearing a rude t-shirt. So you'd stand there for a second trying to make sense of it and then you'd understand and be like, "Oh... Er... That is really unfunny." I had to point it out to a few people to get a second opinion on it and they agreed with me so I must have been right and won.

Perhaps when he took his trousers down there was a full roast dinner in there, with gravy. he wasn't trying to be rude and funny, just helpful.

That "It won't suck itself" t-shirt - at the market near work a few years ago they sold pink "It won't lick itself" tops, some in alarmingly small sizes.

Norton Canes

Any slim fit/comfy fit/slack middle aged fit jeans from places like M&S and Next. I get skinny jeans from Topman and will continue to do so even when I have to pretend they're for my son or even my grandson.

Icehaven

Quote from: jobotic on May 22, 2017, 09:20:52 AM

That "It won't suck itself" t-shirt - at the market near work a few years ago they sold pink "It won't lick itself" tops, some in alarmingly small sizes.

They're so odd aren't they? I think I'd prefer to take them as an exclamation of disappointment, as in ''Aww, gutted, it won't suck/lick itself!'' as if they actually thought that they could for some reason, rather than an expectant demand. 

selsdon man

Quote from: jobotic on May 22, 2017, 09:20:52 AM

Not sure how I'd feel if I saw an ice cream man wearing one.

Janie Jones

Quote from: Attila on May 21, 2017, 09:10:20 PM
Cannot wait for the shoulder-cut-out fad to go away.
It's incredible, isn't it? Why do women do this to themselves? It's a cliché that women's high fashion is dominated by gay men who design clothes for women who look like tall skinny boys but why do we keep buying and wearing these ludicrous ugly unflattering clothes? Like the peplum top, puffball skirt, culottes, playsuit and cropped trousers before it, the cut-out shoulder can get in the fucking sea.

Bazooka

I will and do wear shirts/polo shirts but I'll die in a war before I do the top button up.

Norton Canes

Quote from: Janie Jones on May 22, 2017, 12:37:19 PM
It's incredible, isn't it... why do we keep buying and wearing these ludicrous ugly unflattering clothes? Like the peplum top, puffball skirt, culottes, playsuit and cropped trousers

Yeah, that was quite an ensemble.

Wet Blanket

I'd wear most things Vic Reeves would but nothing Kevin Smith would.

I'm not against hats, and would prefer to wear one because I'm losing my hair, but don't because it makes people think you're a dickhead.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Wet Blanket on May 22, 2017, 01:19:46 PM
I'd wear most things Vic Reeves would but nothing Kevin Smith would.

I'm not against hats, and would prefer to wear one because I'm losing my hair, but don't because it makes people think you're a dickhead.

I'd be careful about what Vic wears these day, tweed is being appropriated by the Paul Nuttals and the UKIPs.

Attila

Quote from: Janie Jones on May 22, 2017, 12:37:19 PM
It's incredible, isn't it? Why do women do this to themselves? It's a cliché that women's high fashion is dominated by gay men who design clothes for women who look like tall skinny boys but why do we keep buying and wearing these ludicrous ugly unflattering clothes? Like the peplum top, puffball skirt, culottes, playsuit and cropped trousers before it, the cut-out shoulder can get in the fucking sea.

I get a lot of my clothes from/like to rainy-day browse in a couple of second-hand stores in Notting Hill, and I'm already seeing the cut-out shoulders rubbish on the racks...beginning of the end of the fad?

One early reason I gave up wearing jeans as far back as high school was when the stretch-jeans-pedal pusher/capri length came in during the 80s. I got teased enough for growing too tall too fast without deliberately buying trousers that were too short. Never was into hip huggers (which I look terrible in) and yucko to high-waisted mom-jeans.

I found what I thought was a really lovely dress while vintage/second hand foraging out in the US last month...and damned thing turned out to be a playsuit. Leaving aside the necessity of having to practically get naked to wee in one of the damned things, I am too tall for most playsuits. Nothing like the feeling that your clothing is trying to saw you in half from the bottom up to make for a cheerful day.

Brundle-Fly

Only Rutger Hauer or The Gestapo can pull this off.

phantom_power

I only wear hats in the sun to stop me getting sunstroke, and then not a cap as it makes me look like cancer boy.

For those that don't wear jeans, what do you wear instead? I have always worn nothing but jeans outside of work (except for shorts when its hot) but am looking for a change. None of the alternatives appeal to me

Attila

Quote from: phantom_power on May 22, 2017, 02:45:14 PM

For those that don't wear jeans, what do you wear instead? I have always worn nothing but jeans outside of work (except for shorts when its hot) but am looking for a change. None of the alternatives appeal to me

At school/conferences/anything that's not just faffing around the house -- skirts/dresses and tights.

Faffing about the house -- boxers and old tights.

(Variety of tops except t-shirts, of course, when wearing skirts or shorts!) Shorts and a comfy (usually inside-out) t shirt after a shower and for sleeping.

thenoise

Quote from: phantom_power on May 22, 2017, 02:45:14 PM
I only wear hats in the sun to stop me getting sunstroke, and then not a cap as it makes me look like cancer boy.

Some kind of dark coloured chino perhaps?

jobotic

I don't think chinos are evil, but I'd feel a bit Howards Way wearing them.

Quincey

I don't like wearing small badges or more than one big badge. I don't wear badges at all but would be happy to wear one big badge as long as I was happy with what was on it.

Buelligan

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on May 22, 2017, 02:24:50 PM
Only Rutger Hauer or The Gestapo can pull this off.

I expect Paul Ross would have a valiant try though.

Dex Sawash

[tag] dean gaffney's damp foreskin [/tag]

Congrats to whoever started that tag family, I have no idea who/what it is about but I think about it a lot.  Also Favid Foster Wallace  (which is that bastard doppkorn if I'm not mistaken)

Jockice

Those fucking Palestinian scarf things. People who aren't from Palestine should be banned from wearing them. Or be killed.

spamwangler

i mean, if it was on netflix id probably watch it?

spamwangler

shiftwork2

Quote from: Dex Sawash on May 22, 2017, 07:14:05 PM
[tag] dean gaffney's damp foreskin [/tag]

Congrats to whoever started that tag family, I have no idea who/what it is about but I think about it a lot.

From memory the thread was called something like favourite sounds and the tag was 'Dean Gaffney rolling back his damp foreskin'.

It has to be from memory as it looks like you can't use google to search the site since the nastiness.  Google sadly was able to show me an Express article about Gaffney allegedly nicknaming his penis 'Wellard'.