Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 03:14:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Arnie says Terminator 6 is happening

Started by Sgt. Duckie, May 21, 2017, 07:10:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt. Duckie

Replies From View

Are we already up to film 6?  Blimey, we are.

I can't think of any other franchise with so many botched attempts at revival.  All of the films since T2 have been dead-ends, haven't they?  Each with their own intentions of being the first in a new trilogy.

If Cameron is involved I can see it being a legitimate sequel to T2 and more substantial than everything since, but if he'd genuinely thought the story had scope for continuation he'd have done it back in the 90s, not wait until Arnie was 90 years old.

Glebe

Still not seen the notorious Genisys, but Salvation was fucking awful and Rise of the Machines was pretty much a damp squib, save for some nice action sequences.

Replies From View

Some people have a soft spot for T3 because they think it's meant to be a camp comedy of some kind.  I don't have a soft spot for T3.  It's not tongue-in-cheek, is it, it's trying to be scary but gets it wrong.

Replies From View

Salvation was fucking awful.  Genisys has some curiosity value if you like mash-ups and CGI Arnold-type things, but it's garbage beyond the novelty.

Sgt. Duckie

I would like to see Paul Verhoeven tackle a Terminator flick. He returned to form with last years 'Elle' and after watching Total Recall again last night, his sci-fi can be pretty uncompromising.

Mr Brightside

Not arsed. Hasn't been a good one for 25 years. But if they must do it, actually going with above poster's suggestion and getting a good director would be useful. Jonathan Mostow? McG? Alan Taylor? Fuck off.

Mini

Quote from: Sgt. Duckie on May 21, 2017, 07:42:31 PM
I would like to see Paul Verhoeven tackle a Terminator flick. He returned to form with last years 'Elle' and after watching Total Recall again last night, his sci-fi can be pretty uncompromising.

That would be a good fit, so long as he doesn't just make RoboCop. Actually even that would be welcome.

I think Salvation is slightly more watchable than Genisys, which is incoherent, and Rise of the Machines, which is just lame. Even more lame than Salvation.

Please, no more. The same goes for Alien.

Replies From View

I wonder if there has ever been a Terminator film before.

greenman

Honestly with this and Alien I think its reached the stage were if theres anything more I'd prefer a reboot, the existing mythology just seems to bog down whatevers released these days and generally provides easy but largely empty plotting.

Blumf

Quote from: Replies From View on May 28, 2017, 04:16:09 PM
I wonder if there has ever been a Terminator film before.

A film about the little cable ends on 10Base2 networks?

Doubt it.

mothman

biggytitbo

If Terminator 6 is entirely on bicycles it'd be worth doing it imho.

greenman

A terminator with a unicycle instead of legs? the obvious next step up from the T-1000.

biggytitbo

That's over gilding the lilly imho, just a Terminator and the rest of the cast riding bicycles throughout would make a great film.

Glebe

Bad Ambassador

Quote from: greenman on May 28, 2017, 08:26:33 PM
A terminator with a unicycle instead of legs? the obvious next step up from the T-1000.

Or have a period seeing to see Terminators on horseback.

Thomas

I've watched the first two Terminators, at last. They were alright.

Terminator 1

I always love a stable time loop, no matter how predictable and couched in cheesy dialogue. A sense of genuine menace from the Terminator himself.

Terminator 2

Overlong, but I did see the extended (by 16 minutes) cut. Friendly Terminator was sweet. Kid John Connor supremely irritating. Dialogue even cheesier than before. Seemed to undo the satisfying model of time travel posited by the first film, opening myriad doors for - I am reliably informed - bad further sequels.

I'll leave it there, I think. It's no RoboCop.

I remain unconvinced by James Cameron beyond his ability to film visually impressive setpieces. Absolutely hate the 'badass' shit in the Terminators and Aliens.

biggytitbo

They're not as good as Timecop are they Thomas.

Thomas

I've not seen Timecop yet, but my future self has just broken into my apartment to let me know that I will watch it soon and that it will be my favourite film.

Lost Oliver

Terminator terminates himself by wanking off his past self.

Replies From View

Quote from: Thomas on May 28, 2017, 09:57:23 PM
I've not seen Timecop yet, but my future self has just broken into my apartment to let me know that I will watch it soon and that it will be my favourite film.

Lol your future self is taking the piss out of you mate.

biggytitbo

Everyone knows the best part of the best Terminator films is that bit at the beginning where he is bare and you can almost see his willy. So for T6, why don't they make the entire film were he is bare and you can almost see his willy?

Replies From View

Quote from: biggytitbo on May 30, 2017, 12:49:11 AM
Everyone knows the best part of the best Terminator films is that bit at the beginning where he is bare and you can almost see his willy. So for T6, why don't they make the entire film were he is bare and you can almost see his willy?

It'd cost too much in CGI.

biggytitbo

All you need is a video camera and a naked cyborg mate.

Replies From View

Quote from: biggytitbo on May 30, 2017, 09:09:45 AM
All you need is a video camera and a naked cyborg mate.

Not if you merely want to "almost see" his willy.  Easy to get a Terminator willy onscreen, but all the artistry of keeping it almost-there-but-not-quite takes so much of the CG budget that it becomes prohibitive after about two scenes.

samadriel

They managed it alright in Austin Powers.

Replies From View

greenman

Even after all the steroids Arnie would need to take to get back in shape?

Replies From View

Quote from: greenman on May 30, 2017, 11:12:49 AM
Even after all the steroids Arnie would need to take to get back in shape?

Even then.