Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 09:36:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The President Show

Started by marquis_de_sad, May 22, 2017, 01:47:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marquis_de_sad

Anyone been watching this? It's Anthony Atamanuik from the Trump vs. Bernie 2016 Debate Tour

Here's a clip. They're not afraid to go weird.

I'm watching along, and put me down as another person who thinks that Atamanuik's Trump is the definitive one. The show feels a bit more broadly silly than I'd have expected in the desk bits, but also makes excellent use of Atamanuik's improv skills in the filmed bits. The weird directions it goes in are really interesting and creative. It may end up being one of the best comedy things around at the moment.

marquis_de_sad

Yeah they strike a good balance between set pieces and improv. I like the way a lot of the scenes escalate into madness, like when he visits the school and has a very convincing temper tantrum.

Twed

It's a great Bernie, too.

Skip Bittman

The surreal bits are a lot of fun. Works better than I thought it would as a show and the idea of Mike Pence as a showbiz sidekick is too perfect, considering.

a peepee tipi

Yes, Atamanuik is so damn good! I've only caught the first, but I've seen some of his other Trump stuff. I also thought this was a lot of fun, glad to hear its keeping it up. Enjoyed how completely bewildered Keith Olbermann was and how "Trump" played off of it. If he hasn't yet, I really hope Adomian pops up.

hedgehog90

Watching the second episode now. Anyone else notice the most obnoxious laugh coming from one guy in the audience?
Can't concentrate on anything else. I just want to see what he looks like so I can hate him more.

up_the_hampipe

Started watching this last night. The impression is solid, much better than Alec Baldwin (who apparently hates this guy), some laugh-out-loud moments along the way. Good stuff.

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on May 24, 2017, 03:17:30 PM
Started watching this last night. The impression is solid, much better than Alec Baldwin (who apparently hates this guy), some laugh-out-loud moments along the way. Good stuff.

Baldwin's Trump is shockingly bad. A pure cosmetics job. He's very lucky that the writers at SNL were on rare form at the time.

finnquark

The only frustration of this show has been the toning down of the weirdness if anything. Having seen the tour with Adomian in London last year, and listening to everything I was able to find of the duo online for around a year, some of this stuff seems too broad and light. But I guess that's a function of the platform, and it is just nice to see him getting some bigger recognition for his excellent impression.

I really like this call with Howard Stern after the election: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5JU4znrpWE

a peepee tipi

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on May 24, 2017, 03:17:30 PM
The impression is solid, much better than Alec Baldwin (who apparently hates this guy)
Christ that man is a cock

up_the_hampipe

I liked this bit from episode 4 where Trump takes a journey through his own mind https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZIrfBYr8AM

marquis_de_sad

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on May 27, 2017, 04:59:07 PM
I liked this bit from episode 4 where Trump takes a journey through his own mind https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZIrfBYr8AM

IALREADYPOSTEDTHATYOUFUCKINGCUUUUNT!!!111

I mean... yes I also like that sketch.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: marquis_de_sad on May 27, 2017, 10:06:41 PM
IALREADYPOSTEDTHATYOUFUCKINGCUUUUNT!!!111

I mean... yes I also like that sketch.

Oh crumbs. Sorry. I hate when people repost what I've already posted. Forgive me.

Penfold

marquis_de_sad

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on May 28, 2017, 03:39:56 PM
Oh crumbs. Sorry. I hate when people repost what I've already posted. Forgive me.

No worries man, great minds, etc.