Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:35:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Rather ironic deaths

Started by im barry bethel, May 22, 2017, 06:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

im barry bethel

You know that Nicky Hayden fella, of course you don't but anyway 2006 Motogp champion, did this sort of thing

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8c6mVSmssbE

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8cnMz_SCdmE

dead after a collision with a car while riding a pushbike

Morrison Lard

Some fella in the US in the 80s was on death row, escaped and was then beaten to death later that night in a bar fight.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troy_Leon_Gregg

Kane Jones

TheManOne

Isn't there a case quite recently of someone surviving an air crash and then being run over by an emergency vehicle racing to the scene through the smoke?

EDIT - Seems it was Asiana crash and no, it seems unlikely she survived the crash. Still. Bummer.

jobotic

Quote from: im barry bethel on May 22, 2017, 06:37:20 PM
You know that Nicky Hayden fella, of course you don't but anyway 2006 Motogp champion, did this sort of thing

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8c6mVSmssbE

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8cnMz_SCdmE

dead after a collision with a car while riding a pushbike

Yeah I fucking do know, and very sad it is too.

No less bizarre and just as sad was professional cyclist Xavier Tondo being killed by his garage door while getting his bike out.

Mr Banlon

Sam Kinison. Did a whole bit about there being nowt wrong with drunk driving. Killed by a drunk driver.

Gulftastic

Yer man out off of Fast & Furious dying in a speeding car.

Cerys

Yer man out off of Jackass dying in a speeding car.

Mortimer

Quote from: Kane Jones on May 22, 2017, 06:59:16 PM
Elephant hunter crushed to death by shot elephant;

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/39996592
Yes, seen that elsewhere and it's made my day.
The article also refers to his hunter friend who's remains were found in the belly of a crocodile. Double karma for the wicked bastards.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Mr Banlon on May 22, 2017, 08:20:54 PM
Sam Kinison. Did a whole bit about there being nowt wrong with drunk driving. Killed by a drunk driver.

In the US there was also some bloke who was a civil liberties campaigner who was vehemently against legislation to make seatbelts mandatory. Guess who was both the sole fatality and the only one not wearing a seatbelt when they crashed their car?

BurkzPeirage

Mr Banlon

Didn't quite a few of the guys who have played the Marlboro Man die of lung cancer ?
Mike Hawthorne, driving a Jag at Le Mans in 1955 caused a Mercedes to swerve into the crowd, killing the Mercedes driver and about 100 people in the crowd.
Four years later, Hawthorne was driving his Jag along the road. He swerved to avoid a Mercedes, crashed and died.

Cerys

Quote from: Mr Banlon on May 22, 2017, 10:49:49 PM
Mike Hawthorne, driving a Jag at Le Mans in 1955 caused a Mercedes to swerve into the crowd, killing the Mercedes driver and about 100 people in the crowd.
Four years later, Hawthorne was driving his Jag along the road. He swerved to avoid a Mercedes, crashed and died.

That story showed up in a kids' annual I got for Christmas one year.  On a two-page spread that also had an entry on SM UB-65.

Technique

You know that film Heathers. well, the actress who had the line 'Did you eat a brain tumour for breakfast' died from a brain tumour. Kim Walker was her name.

Jermaine Stewart encouraged us to abstain from getting ones end away by singing about how you don't have to take your clothes off to have a good time, that we should keep them on and drink some cherry wine instead. Sadly he did't take his own advise as he died from Aids. Aids related liver cancer to be exact. So maybe too much cherry wine as well.

Captain Z

Quote from: Gulftastic on May 22, 2017, 08:36:29 PM
Yer man out off of Fast & Furious dying in a speeding car.

He did doing what he did.

thenoise

The original Milky Bar Kid died due to complications related to extreme lactose intolerance.

Replies From View

I gather there was a fella in Minnesota last year who died after 10,000 spoons fell onto him in his kitchen.  He was looking for a knife to stab himself.

imitationleather

Quote from: Replies From View on May 22, 2017, 11:04:53 PM
I gather there was a fella in Minnesota last year who died after 10,000 spoons fell on him in his kitchen.  He was looking for a knife to stab himself.

That's any chance of another Alanis Morissette comeback ruined. :(

touchingcloth

[tag]Alanis Morissette leaves thread. Dead.[/tag]

(I posted this before the previous two posts, but after unlocking my phone I found that it hadn't actually posted. Posting it anyway, in spite of the superiority of RfV's post).

Mr Banlon

During the Amrican Civil war at the Battle of Sportsylvania, General John Sedgwick was warned by his batman about sharp-shooters on the next ridge.
He remarked, "They couldn't hit an elephant at that distance."
He was then crushed to death by an elephant.
Sportsylvania is where elephant draculas live.

thenoise

Qin Shi Huang, the first Emperor of China, died after ingesting several pills of mercury in the belief that it would grant him eternal life.

touchingcloth

It's almost not worth mentioning the French "inventor" who invented a wing suit, and gave it its first test by hopping off the Eiffel Tower while wearing it rather than using a dummy or a slave first. He left a gory crater on the street below, and became the textbook example of hubris.

Mr Banlon

George Michael died last Christmas

thenoise

Quote from: touchingcloth on May 22, 2017, 11:55:14 PM
It's almost not worth mentioning the French "inventor" who invented a wing suit, and gave it its first test by hopping off the Eiffel Tower while wearing it rather than using a dummy or a slave first. He left a gory crater on the street below, and became the textbook example of hubris.
A very early example of a death caught on camera (on youtube if you are interested, not graphic but very sad to watch).

touchingcloth

Quote from: thenoise on May 23, 2017, 12:11:49 AM
A very early example of a death caught on camera (on youtube if you are interested, not graphic but very sad to watch).

Caught on film, no less. And it's not all that sad given how, by all accounts, he was told to try it out before jumping himself. If I recall correctly, he'd actually agreed to chuck a dummy off the tower in order to be allowed to try the suit in the first place, but switched into the suit himself at the last minute and jumped before anyone had the chance to stop him.

touchingcloth

The Habsburg line died out with Spain's mentally retarded and sterile Charles II after centuries of inbreeding in aid of keeping their dynasty going.

NurseNugent

Marcus Garvey, died after reading a premature and unflattering obituary of himself.

im barry bethel

I remember a guy from a few years ago who torched himself cutting an oil drum in half for a barbecue

touchingcloth

Palmer drowned in a lake, and Lake is enslaved in Palma.