Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 01:25:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Rather ironic deaths

Started by im barry bethel, May 22, 2017, 06:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Absorb the anus burn

Natalie Wood (terrified of water) drowned after a party on a boat with Robert Wagner & Christopher Walken.... One of Wood's first roles was in a film called Driftwood.

imitationleather

Quote from: Absorb the anus burn on May 23, 2017, 12:34:43 AM
Natalie Wood (terrified of water) drowned after a party on a boat with Robert Wagner & Christopher Walken.... One of Wood's first roles was in a film called Driftwood.

The leader of Plaid Cymru is dead?!

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Elvis Presley died on the toilet after having made 23,726 public statements about how much he hated toilets.

Quote from: Absorb the anus burn on May 23, 2017, 12:34:43 AM

There is a certain murkiness around that whole incident i seeem to recall. Walken made some conflicting statements  against Wagner's events.

thenoise

Quote from: Pinckle Wicker on May 23, 2017, 08:13:07 AM
There is a certain murkiness around that whole incident i seeem to recall. Walken made some conflicting statements  against Wagner's events.

I would never go swimming after an evening of drink and drug abuse but Natalie Wood.

Replies From View

After a career based entirely around showing off about how controlled his hips were, Elvis Presley shat himself to death on a toilet.

thenoise

After a career based around producing nice sounds from his face hole, Elvis Presley died producing awful noises from his bum hole.

LORD BAD VIBE

Actor Gareth Jones dies between scenes in a live ITV broadcast of a play 1958. The director decides to carry on and has the actors improvise around Jones's absence. The character Jones was playing was supposed to have a heart attack but Jones himself carked it from the same cause before he got to that scene.

72 year old organic farming and healthy living advocate Jermone Rodale is being interviewed on the Dick Cavett Show. During his interview, Rodale boasts about how fit he is and how he's planning to live to be a hundred years old. Silly sod dies of a heart attack in front of the cameras while the guest after him is being interviewed. The episode never goes to air.

Another health fanatic, Basil Brown from Croyden, dies after drinking waaaaaaaaay too much carrot juice. About 10 gallons in in ten days. Dies of liver failure due to an overdose of Vitamin A.

Geoffrey Haywood of Newport, South Wales pretends to be blind to gain sympathy. He's found dead in a ditch. Didn't see it, did he?

LORD BAD VIBE

The twit who jumped off the Eiffel Tower was called Franz Reichelt.

There have been a few inventors who have been killed by their own inventions. Loads in aviation, of course, and then there's Marie Curie.

Oh, and what about the fella who owned the Segway company and ended up driving one off a cliff?

Cerys

Mr Brightside

A lot of these deaths are not ironic.

Dex Sawash

studpuppet

thenoise

Rain on your wedding day, then you slip and died.

Rocket Surgery

Quote from: studpuppet on May 23, 2017, 01:02:22 PM
Bill Hicks' favourite irony story: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Fixx

That bit always reminds me of this guy:

When I went for a silly weekend in the Lake District with some friends several years ago, the local papers in Keswick were losing their minds because Bill Smith had been found face-down in a bog.

Wrote a book about fell-running. Died while out fell-running.

Norton Canes

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Steve Irwin, famous for pissing off animals, dies after pissing off an animal.

AsparagusTrevor

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on May 23, 2017, 03:26:54 PMSteve Irwin, famous for pissing off animals, dies after pissing off an animal.

Steve Irwin, famous for pissing off dangerous animals, dies after pissing off a non-dangerous animal.

MoonDust

First man in space, Yuri Gagarin, after successfully going into orbit and back in a machine that was dogged with test launch failures died in a plane crash a few years later.

Replies From View

Quote from: MoonDust on May 23, 2017, 04:00:31 PM
First man in space, Yuri Gagarin, after successfully going into orbit and back in a machine that was dogged with test launch failures died in a plane crash a few years later.

Immortalised in your avatar too, MoonDust.

Why I Hate Tables

Again not strictly speaking ironic but fits with the thread: several members of the Nazi punk band Violent Storm were killed when freak weather blew their tourbus off the road and into a wall.

Anagram of a Shit Name

Quote from: AsparagusTrevor on May 23, 2017, 03:52:38 PM
Steve Irwin, famous for pissing off dangerous animals, dies after pissing off a non-dangerous animal.

**Pedant Mode on**

I'm going to suggest that any animal that can, and did, kill a man with a mere flick of it's tail, is actually quite dangerous.

**Pedant Mode off**

mothman

I've heard more than one example of pro-2nd Amendment gun nuts in the US, vocal on social media, who've then come a cropper, fatally or otherwise, in avoidable shooting incidents. One of them was shot by her own gun by her own toddler.

Chairman Bodog

I remember hearing about a millionaire Segway tycoon fatally plummeting off of a cliff face whilst demonstrating the safety innovations of the new model.

Brundle-Fly

Perillos of Athens. This'll learn you.

The brazen bull, bronze bull, or Sicilian bull, was a torture and execution device designed in ancient Greece. According to Diodorus Siculus, recounting the story in Bibliotheca historica, Perillos of Athens invented and proposed it to Phalaris, the tyrant of Akragas, Sicily, as a new means of executing criminals.The bull was made entirely of bronze, hollow, with a door in one side. The bull was in the form and size of an actual bull and had an acoustic apparatus that converted screams into the sound of a bull. The condemned were locked inside the device, and a fire was set under it, heating the metal until the person inside was roasted to death.Phalaris commanded that the bull be designed in such a way that its smoke rose in spicy clouds of incense. The head of the bull was designed with a complex system of tubes and stops so that the prisoner's screams were converted into sounds like the bellowing of an infuriated bull. According to legend, when the bull was reopened, the victim's scorched bones "shone like jewels and were made into bracelets."

Perillos said to Phalaris: "His screams will come to you through the pipes as the tenderest, most pathetic, most melodious of bellowings." Perillos believed he would receive a reward for his invention. Instead, Phalaris, who was disgusted by these words, ordered its horn sound system to be tested on Perillos himself. When Perillos entered, he was immediately locked in and the fire was set, so that Phalaris could hear the sound of his screams. Before Perillos could die, Phalaris opened the door and took him away. After freeing him from the bull, Phalaris took Perillos to the top of a hill and threw him off, killing him. Phalaris himself is said to have been killed in the brazen bull when he was overthrown by Telemachus, the ancestor of Theron.

Don't have nightmares.

FredNurke

We know nothing about the death of Diodorus Siculus, so I'm free to imagine that he died while reading a history written by a historian who was even shitter than Diodorus himself was.

The English post-punk band Gang of Four were arrested, put on trial and then executed before being officially blamed by the Chinese government for the excesses and wrongdoing of the Cultural Revolution.

Brundle-Fly

Not dead thank god, but Cardiacs' Tim Smith must be acutely aware of the irony of his current condition.

Bobtoo

I don't know if it counts as ironic but Bobby Farrell of Boney M died on the same date (30th December) and in the same town (Saint Petersburg) as Rasputin did.