Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 01:35:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Whiskey and Wine

Started by Chairman Bodog, May 22, 2017, 09:54:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chairman Bodog

I Draperly swigged two shorts of Southern Comfort I had laying about after I bought two piss neck bottles of Blanc. What an animalistic mix. I'm fucked up a lot quicker than I thought I'd be. I'm one of those firm concurrers of specific alcohol effects. I truly believe that beer is mainstream marketed because it has the most satisfying munchies, which it does. I also believe that whiskey sours make you a trendy Scotch hooligan and gin turns you into a raft flabby jar head spinster with smellier knuckles than a gibbon mud slider.

I find whiskey caresses the euphoric gaba side over the social stimulant side. That's probably why I hit it off with people more because I'm usually pretty manic when I'm pissed up.

Wine makes me very political and horny.

I think I've found my a la carte elixir for jump down bravado and anti-psychoticanxiety

Let's talk about ALCOHOL MIXING

What differences do you see and like?

Twed

Quote from: Chairman Bodog on May 22, 2017, 09:54:49 PM
I Draperly swigged two shorts of Southern Comfort I had laying about
[smug prick]But when are you going to drink some whiskey?[/smug prick]

Mr Banlon

Chairman Bodog

Quote from: Twed on May 22, 2017, 09:56:27 PM
[smug prick]But when are you going to drink some whiskey?[/smug prick]

I feel you, man. I usually get Jameson's but that wasn't around at my corner. SC is like lapping up sugar water. When I was a kid I thought it was diesel oil. Fascinating how our palate acclimatises to our habitual rites. Like, I remember thinking dog cum was horrible at one time.

Twed

I love Southern Comfort though. Mix it with lemonade and it tastes like bubblegum.

Chairman Bodog

Quote from: Twed on May 22, 2017, 10:04:46 PM
He'll quote you on that.

I'll quote you on that.

Quote from: Twed on May 22, 2017, 10:04:46 PM
I love Southern Comfort though. Mix it with lemonade and it tastes like bubblegum.

pancreas

Please can you drink nice things? Do not drink Southern Comfort, for it is meant for herberts. It is very like Malibu in that respect.

JesusAndYourBush

[tag]Cliff: The alcoholic years[/tag]

MuteBanana

I do love a Rusty Nail but I need a few beers before I can start enjoying them throughout the night.

Dr Syntax Head

On the rare occasions I go out (cos I have no friends) I like a pint and a double Jamesons. Neck the Jamesons and then enjoy the pinto of lager beer. I never remember those nights.

Nowhere Man

I'll be friends with you Syntax, hell I consider you all my friends and family. Even if Uncle Milverton embarrasses us at our Christmas do's

saltysnacks

Chardonnay and IPA.

Although I am an absolute lightweight. I had a bottle of Wine and 5 IPAs in the space of 3 hours and thought I was going to die, I woke up covered in sick and urine.

Mr Banlon

The Bad Uncle ;
Pint glass
Dessert spoon of Sweet & Dandy mauby syrup (optional)
Miniature bottle/double of Wray & Nephew overproof rum
Pour a bottle of Dragon Stout on top
Top up with Wray & Nephew Red Label wine.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Wine and vodka. Just bought an ice cube tray so that I can put ice in my drinks now that the springy heatwave is upon us. What is the most banal thing you bought that turned out to be a revelation?

Mr Banlon

Quote from: Angrew Lloyg Wegger on May 24, 2017, 11:01:24 PM
Wine and vodka. Just bought an ice cube tray so that I can put ice in my drinks now that the springy heatwave is upon us. What is the most banal thing you bought that turned out to be a revelation?
Friday is gonna be a perfect 'drinking in the garden' day. Wild Turkey is on special at Tesco. Might have myself a few Wild Turkey. Thunderbird and grapefruit cocktails.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Just to clarify, I don't mean wine and vodka as in wine with vodka in it. That would be insane (or maybe not? any drinkxperts can contradict me freely here). Just the two drinks separate please thanks. Vods and vins on thair own. The ice part is still correct though

canadagoose

Quote from: Mr Banlon on May 24, 2017, 10:16:31 PM
The Bad Uncle ;
Pint glass
Dessert spoon of Sweet & Dandy mauby syrup (optional)
Miniature bottle/double of Wray & Nephew overproof rum
Pour a bottle of Dragon Stout on top
Top up with Wray & Nephew Red Label wine.
Is that a Jamaican thing? I've only ever seen the rum on sale (and the pint glass, obviously) but not any of the other things. I'm not even too sure what "mauby syrup" is. Suppose I should look it up, really.

Urinal Cake

Quote from: Angrew Lloyg Wegger on May 24, 2017, 11:20:40 PM
Just to clarify, I don't mean wine and vodka as in wine with vodka in it. That would be insane (or maybe not? any drinkxperts can contradict me freely here). Just the two drinks separate please thanks. Vods and vins on thair own. The ice part is still correct though
Well fortified wine is essentially putting brandy/vodka in half fermented wine to stop the yeast from eating all the sugars and making it more spoilproof.

You could probably do the same with a sweet wine.

holyzombiejesus

Ach, don't mix the grain and the grape. You'll make yourselves poorly.

That talk of Southern Comfort and Malibu upthread reminded me of the first time I went to a pub on my own. I went to watch a band and there had been an advert on telly about these drinks called Mirage and Taboo. The former sounded really nice (like Lilt) so I got one of those. Thought I was cock of the North, sat in Katz Bar in Hanley sipping my weak vodka/ white wine drink through a straw. The worst thing is that I've always thought I was about 14 when I did that but according to youtube it didn't come out until my late teens...

Mr Banlon

Red Label 'The Jamaican Aperitiff' is pretty widely available. It tastes like liquid Bakewell Tart
Mauby syrup can be bought online/ebay. It's a sweet/bitter drink made from tree bark. It neutralises the sweetness, but not the cakeyness of Red Label and also takes the fire out of the rum.
The Dragon Stout adds some malty Shreddies-ness to the mix.

canadagoose

Quote from: Mr Banlon on May 25, 2017, 01:06:37 AM
Red Label 'The Jamaican Aperitiff' is pretty widely available. It tastes like liquid Bakewell Tart
That sounds interesting. I wonder if you can substitute it for Eldorado and strawberry Ribena?

QuoteMauby syrup can be bought online/ebay. It's a sweet/bitter drink made from tree bark. It neutralises the sweetness, but not the cakeyness of Red Label and also takes the fire out of the rum.
The Dragon Stout adds some malty Shreddies-ness to the mix
Definitely going to have to try this sometime. Sounds very flavourful.