Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 02:07:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Can't Cope Won't Cope

Started by Utter Shit, May 23, 2017, 12:42:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Utter Shit

Anyone been watching this? Not sure if it's on TV, I've only seen it on iPlayer so far. It's an Irish sitcom that has been running for a while across the water, and it's pretty good fun. It centres around two women in their late 20s (at a guess), mainly focusing on work, boozing and men, mainly funny but with the odd bit of drama thrown in for good measure, and it goes into some pretty weird places.

If I was being lazy with the description, and I am, then I'd say it was a cross between Pulling and Fleabag. Definitely worth a look based on the first three episodes.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p050mrr1

Small Man Big Horse

I've got it bookmarked so will watch it at some point. But only if you finally get around to contributing to my Moone Boy Season 3 thread like you promised over two years ago. ;)

MuteBanana

I saw it on iplayer and to me it looked like a documentary.

Small Man Big Horse

I've seen the first episode and liked it a fair deal, it only made me laugh out loud a couple of times but it made me smile a lot and the lead characters are likeable and well acted. Can't say I'll be rushing to watch the rest but I'll definitely carry on with it at some point.

Utter Shit

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on May 24, 2017, 05:30:55 PM
I've got it bookmarked so will watch it at some point. But only if you finally get around to contributing to my Moone Boy Season 3 thread like you promised over two years ago. ;)
Haha it's one I've been meaning to catch up with for ages - I'm not even sure I saw season 2. Has it continued in as good form as the first season?

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Utter Shit on May 25, 2017, 01:00:08 PM
Haha it's one I've been meaning to catch up with for ages - I'm not even sure I saw season 2. Has it continued in as good form as the first season?

Yeah, if anything I think it got better and better and it was a shame it came to an end after just three seasons. There was talk about a movie, but I'm guessing the kid who played Martin will be too old for it now.

zomgmouse

On first glance this seems very much like an Irish Broad City.

Utter Shit

Anyone keep up to date with this? Having just finished the second series (on iPlayer if anyone cares), it's weird to read back and see myself describe it as a sitcom. The second series was just relentlessly bleak - plenty of wit in it, and the odd bit played purely for laughs, in particular Lorraine the weirdo housemates...but it's really a drama with a bit of comedy more than a comedy with a bit of pathos in it. Great show anyway.

Lorraine is a great character.

Found this after really enjoying Seana Kerslake's performance in the great fun A Date for Mad Mary.

Really enjoyed both series, a very easy watch, hopefully it'll be back for a third series, like.

zomgmouse

Quote from: zomgmouse on May 26, 2017, 05:10:31 AM
On first glance this seems very much like an Irish Broad City.

So should I give it a second glance then?

Utter Shit

The basic setup is a lot like Broad City, but it's got way less of an emphasis on comedy and isn't anywhere near as silly (again, with a couple of exceptions like Lorraine and the guardian angel cabbie Taxigood).

SteK

Quote from: dontrunyoullfall on July 19, 2018, 10:17:36 PM
Lorraine is a great character.

Found this after really enjoying Seana Kerslake's performance in the great fun A Date for Mad Mary.

Really enjoyed both series, a very easy watch, hopefully it'll be back for a third series, like.

I know this is an old thread but just wanted to say Seana Kerslake still works in the public library in Tallaght.

NoOffenceLynn

Sadly I don't think there will be another series. The actress who played Danielle, Nika McGuigan, died of cancer earlier this year at the tragic age of 33.
She was fantastic is this.
May she rest in peace.

SteK

Quote from: NoOffenceLynn on October 14, 2019, 06:55:38 PM
Sadly I don't think there will be another series. The actress who played Danielle, Nika McGuigan, died of cancer earlier this year at the tragic age of 33.
She was fantastic is this.
May she rest in peace.

Yes I mentioned this down forum. Barry McGuigan's daughter.

The writer (Stephanie Priessner) had already said before the sad news there wouldn't be a third series.