Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 08:28:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Last Man Standing - Tim Allen sitcom

Started by Bhazor, May 25, 2017, 04:48:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bhazor

Last Man Standing the Tim Allen sitcom has been cancelled. This is being seen as concrete proof the gays and darkies are taking over as it was the last show in the world to feature a white husband and wife. THERE IS NOT A SINGLE OTHER SHOW FEATURING A WHITE HETEROSEXUAL COUPLE ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD TODAY

https://qz.com/988839/last-man-standing-conservatives-are-rallying-around-the-tim-allen-sitcom-that-got-canceled-by-abc/

So how do you feel living in our new godless gay ass world?

If you want to save us then this petition represents the last chance to save us from bottie slavery.

https://www.change.org/p/abc-network-save-tim-allen-s-show-last-man-standing

QuoteDespite consistently high rankings, especially considering the time slot in which it is aired, Tim Allen's show "Last Man Standing" has been cancelled by the network on which it is aired, ABC.

Last Man Standing stands out in the sea of network television sitcoms.  It is a show that appeals to a broad swath of Americans who find very few shows that extol the virtues with which they can identify; namely conservative values.

Last Man Standing was not just selling conservative ideals though, as some of the characters in the show are clearly of the liberal persuasion, yet the characters on the show all manage to get along and take care of one another, despite their politically opposed views.  The show is about more than politics though, it is about family.  In fact, politics is only a secondary part of the show, but one in which many Americans can readily identify.

Last Man Standing is one of the only shows on broadcast television, and the only sitcom, that is not constantly shoving liberal ideals down the throats of the viewers.  And sadly, that is likely the real reason the show has been cancelled.

More time for manly past times! *grunt grunt grunt*

Barry Admin

I've been meaning to start a thread about this, but wanted to research it more first. Trump fans have been livid over this as they figure it's because Allen admitted going to his inauguration. The show evidently also espoused the conservative values that Tim Allen himself holds, so it's being seen as censorship by the "liberal media." Probably mentioned in your link (not checked it yet, sorry) but Palin quickly jumped on the bandwagon by retweeting this:

Bhazor

Well my link from qz points out that ratings have been dropping year on year, reviews have been terrible1 and Tim Allen recieves a "marquee salary". But its probably something to do with gays.

http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/television/2011/10/last_man_standing_reviewed_tim_allen_s_stupid_new_sitcom_.html

Barry Admin

It's tragic that this is all liberalism means to a lot of people, now. The continuing backlash against political correctness means that liberalism is now equated with being a Mary Whitehouse type; a po-faced cunt who wants to spoil everyone else's fun.

Small Man Big Horse

I think this has been blown out of proportion quite a bit as whilst it had steady ratings most of the audience were apparently quite old, and when it came to the 18 - 49 demo, which is the only one the studios / advertisers care about, it was doing pretty poorly. The figures below for it are season averages as well, and whilst Last Man Standing started well initially it really started to dip towards the end.

Only Agents of Shield, Once Upon A Time and Quantico did worse and got renewed, I'm not 100% why they're coming back but a lot of the time it has to do with whether the network produces the show themselves or if another production company is involved. And if international sales are strong that sometimes helps a little as well.

Morrison Lard

I'm honestly surprised Tim Allen hasn't been bumped off yet by the people who he snitched on when he got caught with all that coke.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Morrison Lard on May 25, 2017, 06:33:13 PM
I'm honestly surprised Tim Allen hasn't been bumped off yet by the people who he snitched on when he got caught with all that coke.

That was thirty nine years ago now so I've a feeling they might've gotten over it. Let's hope not though!

selsdon man

Quote from: Bhazor on May 25, 2017, 04:48:16 PM
Last Man Standing the Tim Allen sitcom has been cancelled. This is being seen as concrete proof the gays and darkies are taking over as it was the last show in the world to feature a white husband and wife. THERE IS NOT A SINGLE OTHER SHOW FEATURING A WHITE HETEROSEXUAL COUPLE ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD TODAY

Whereas The Middle, which not only features a married white couple, but stars prominent celebrity Republican supporter Patricia Heaton, continues. Oh well, it's intermittently funny which I suspect is more than can be said of Last Man Standing.

hewantstolurkatad

The sitcom seemed to attract the same demographics that pro wrestling does. Now, pro wrestling has for decades consistently outperformed almost everything else on US cable but absolutely no one wants it because (1) the stigma of associating their product with pro wrestling and, much more importantly, (2) the absolute worthlessness of the viewing demographics.
These are the people who have a television on 24 hours a day, what's the incentive for an advertiser to pay for prime time ad slots when 3pm in the day will be just as effective? What's the incentive in propping up Tim Allen's pretty expensive show when you can just chuck a few ads at a random timeslot on fox news and get the exact same or better results? It's probably better to get the old fucks watching it when they're at home by themselves festering in the afternoon than when the family are home.

Modern family attracts a large affluent audience, if its ratings were half what they are it'd still be cleaning up. Another good comparison is Parks and Rec, which never done very well ratings wise but had a very large younger audience that didn't watch a whole lot else, it was never under any kind of real risk of being cancelled.
Then there's loads of other factors. Sometimes a station will keep a show going just to get to a number of episodes that it can be syndicated, which is hugely lucrative if they own the rights. Then there's situations like (iirc) Community, where Sony propped it up in exchange for such rights and the network wasn't gonna say no to ludicrously cheap programming.

Tim Allen knows full well what's up and I hope that him being such a cunt about it results in a big dropoff in his future career options.