Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,470
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:42:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Trial - Channel 4

Started by TheManOne, May 25, 2017, 09:21:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheManOne

I've watched this osmotically. I'm getting really annoyed when anyone on the jury starts talking about whether or not they believe someone. They're all lying. They're actors. It's made up. This is pointless.

Rolf Lundgren

I gave up on this too halfway through the second episode because they're judging how convincing actors are. The interesting/worrying part is seeing the jury and how they jump to conclusions about somebody's guilt. It would work better if they focused more on that and their thought processes.

TheManOne

That's what it's become. And it's terrifying. People just imagining situations and projecting horrific events from their own life on to it all. I hope to god I'm never on trial.

Ambient Sheep

<tag>Waters/Ezrin leave thread disappointed</tag>

<tag>"Go on Judge, shit on 'im!"</tag>

Bazooka

Yeah it's the biggest crock of shit in a while, remember when Channel 4 used to make good stuff? Other than Unreported World I can't actually think of much else.Yes all reality TV is contrived,but Channel 4 love this hyper-real-fake nonsense like that Hunted.

Phil_A

[tag]Josef K leaves thread relieved[/tag]

TheManOne

That last episode demonstrated the utter lunacy of the whole project. Delusional and unhelpful as it seemed to justify the ridiculously personal opinions the loudest and most idiotic of the jury had spouted.