Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 06:52:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Liam Gallagher

Started by SteveDave, May 26, 2017, 08:52:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveDave

He's got a solo single out next week called "Wall Of Glass". The short clip on Spotify only has a snippet of him singing but it sounds like Tim Burgess. 

It's written by someone other than him. His LP has had help from professional songwriters too. He's just like Elvis now.

He's also playing Brixton on June 1st. I am going.

DrGreggles

I somehow doubt that he'll ever hit the heights of Beady Eye again.

momatt

I now assume all threads about musicians is announcing their death.  So I'm quite relieved.  He should give up music and become a comedian or a lifecoach I reckon.  That'd be great.

Hollow

Apart from the OP does anyone care about Liam without Noel?

I don't.

the science eel

Oh, I really liked that Beady Eye single with the jittery piano and the groovy backing vocals. That was great. Might have been their debut, actually.

greenman

Quote from: momatt on May 26, 2017, 09:13:08 AM
I now assume all threads about musicians is announcing their death.  So I'm quite relieved.  He should give up music and become a comedian or a lifecoach I reckon.  That'd be great.

Him and Noel as the new Two Johns on a Bremner return?

momatt

BeardFaceMan

I would be on board if he sings SHEE-EYE-NNNN somewhere in the song. Actually, no I wouldn't.

daf

Quote from: SteveDave on May 26, 2017, 08:52:56 AM
It's written by someone other than him. His LP has had help from professional songwriters too. He's just like Elvis now.

When he leaves something half as good as this unreleased in the vaults, THEN he can be just like Elvis
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyxlVpHv_nc

Wanna take it out . . stick it in his ear!

PaulTMA

Well that's the first song from the album leaked.  Certainly sounds like a back-to-basics sound if you ask me:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzu1GP_4mlw

wosl

Liam Gallagher titles: perm any three or four of the following:

AROUND
AWAY
CLIMB
DOWN
EYE
FADE
HIGH
LOVE
MAN
REAL
SKY
SUN
UP
WALL

High Around Down / Sky Eye Wall / Love Climb Away / Real High Fade Up / Sky Sun Man /Love Sky Eye / Down Around Love, Man, etc.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: wosl on May 26, 2017, 05:08:17 PM
Liam Gallagher titles: perm any three or four of the following:

AROUND
AWAY
CLIMB
DOWN
EYE
FADE
HIGH
LOVE
MAN
REAL
SKY
SUN
UP
WALL

High Around Down / Sky Eye Wall / Love Climb Away / Real High Fade Up / Sky Sun Man /Love Sky Eye / Down Around Love, Man, etc.

You forgot "shine".

SHINE AROUND
SHINE AWAY
CLIMB AND SHINE
SHINE DOWN
SHINY EYE
SHINY FADE
SHINY HIGH
LOVE SHINE
SHINY MAN
REAL SHINER
SHINY SKY
SUNSHINE SUN
SHINE UP
SHINY WALL

wosl

daf

Sky / Fly / High / Lie / Eye / Pie / Knitted Tie
Shine / Time / Mine / Line / Brine / U-rine
Harbottle / Gerry Cottle / Turkey Wattle

momatt

Quote from: PaulTMA on May 26, 2017, 04:37:24 PM
Certainly sounds like a back-to-basics sound if you ask me

You can't got back to basics if you never left basics.

The public appetite for Oasis is strong enough to sustain this venture, no matter how bad it is. He has apparently been rehearsing Be Here Now tracks for the live shows though.

Johnny Textface

That track surely can't be real?

Phil_A

Quote from: PaulTMA on May 26, 2017, 04:37:24 PM
Well that's the first song from the album leaked.  Certainly sounds like a back-to-basics sound if you ask me:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzu1GP_4mlw

Ha, good effort. It sounds more like Bobby Gillespie than Liam though.

Edit: Jesus, I've heard a clip of the actual Liam song now, it sounds like an Ed Sheeran song. I think the parody version is better.

PaulTMA

Neomod

Had a listen to Wall of Glass and it sounds like (a slightly polished) Beady Eye.

Was there ever a reason given for the BE split?

Steven

Quote from: Neomod on May 27, 2017, 05:33:10 PM

Cos they were SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE?

DrGreggles

Had a listen to Wall of Glass and it sounds like (a slightly polished) Beady Eye.

And they say you can't polish that!

Spiteface

Nothing specific, but a while back Liam did an interview for Q magazine. He talked about the end of Beady Eye, how after two albums, they hardly made an impression, so he wasn't really into it anymore and also, Andy Bell was thinking about going back to Ride. With that, Liam thought that if not everyone in the band was committed, there was no point, so he told everyone he was done.

Lack of interest from both the band, and general public, basically.

armful

Quote from: SteveDave on May 26, 2017, 08:52:56 AM
He's got a solo single out next week called "Wall Of Glass". The short clip on Spotify only has a snippet of him singing but it sounds like Tim Burgess. 

He's also playing Brixton on June 1st. I am going.

He will never be like Elvis. He doesn't have the vocal skills to match Elvis    ( nor does Elvis now mind )

Johnny Textface

https://youtu.be/YdJc7-ZEuT0

There you have it. Quite yawn. Polished turd.

buntyman

No great surprise that it's rubbish. Quite looking forward to getting drunk and going to see him at the barras anyway.

Very poppy but better than Beady Eye.

Funcrusher

He looks a bit like Tim Westwood.

Steven

What a load of tired tired shite.

At least Noel is putting in the tiniest bit of elbow grease by trying to get away with ripping off Hollies singles.

PaulTMA

All I've heard of Noel's solo stuff sounds like Train, so I'd say this is better by some margin.