Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 01:37:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Torque tv™

Started by weekender, March 25, 2004, 08:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weekender

As I'm sure all Chris Morris fans are aware, Torque tv™ was a pilot, made by Talkback for BBC television, which the BBC rejected for various reasons.  Hopefully, you will also know that the Torque tv™ pilot was eventually taken up by Channel 4, the majority of which formed the first episode of 'Brasseye - Animals'.

Well, if you didn't know that, there is a feature here -
http://corpses.comedynetuk.com/hidden/torque.html - which I hope you will all have read.  If you haven't, then may I suggest that you do so now, it really is a very interesting read.

Thanks to the generosity of Joe4SOTCAA (the file), Darrell (sending me the file), and Ricahrd (the webspace), Torque tv™ can currently be found if you 'right click and save target as' the link underlined in this post.  The file is 57.3MB.

We hope you all enjoy.

Hans

Cheers to everyone who got this up.  Am downloading it now and it'll make it's way into my soulseek folder.

alan strang

Has Darrell sent over the DivX encode too?

Edit: Didn't read your PM until just now, Weekender. All fine.

Darrell

Quote from: "alan strang"Has Darrell sent over the DivX encode too?

I'm sending it on CDR shortly. The posting of the RM version first was to reduce the initial impact of the bandwidth usage, in case ricahrd's webspace exploded. It's perhaps more ideal for torrenting than hosting, I think.

alan strang

Quote from: "Darrell"I'm sending it on CDR shortly. The posting of the RM version first was to reduce the initial impact of the bandwidth usage, in case ricahrd's webspace exploded. It's perhaps more ideal for torrenting than hosting, I think.

Smashin'.

Dr David V

How good is the quality of the DivX? If it's really good, I'll probably end up putting it on a DVD at college or something.

Darrell

Quote from: "Dr David V"How good is the quality of the DivX? If it's really good, I'll probably end up putting it on a DVD at college or something.

A pretty good quality DivX taken from a particularly good (1st gen?) tape. More suited to a VCD really.

A worry I have is that the eBay scumbos will start flogging it, or that Spineless will re-encode it as one of 'his' files and flog it also on one of his ripoff DVDRs.

Darrell

Anyway, enough technical gumph, the show!

I love the Laurie Lee Zappa section, a massive chunk of loveliness not broadcast or stuck on the DVD. Followed immediately by a huge extended version of the Dr Jonathan Kwattes piece! Cor.

DuncanC

Astounding stuff, looking forward to yet-better-quality DivX. I haven't drooled uncontrollably over a download like this for some time. (Ahem.)

butnut

You chaps are great! With this, and Fist of Fun, you are really spoiling us.

Doctor Stamen

Cheers for that!  Sarah Samson-Superchrist, fantastic.

Hans

The extra bits were great but I couldn't help but think 'shouldn't all this have been on the DVD' while I was watching it.  I get the impression I'm stumbling into a point that was said at the time of the DVD released though so shout me down if it's all been said before.

Ambient Sheep

Wow!  Never dared to hope that one day I might see this!

Am downloading now, despite being on dial-up!!  (Thank God Torty put Getright on this machine a while back when I wasn't noticing.)

A big thank you to everybody involved.

butnut

Quote from: "Hans"The extra bits were great but I couldn't help but think 'shouldn't all this have been on the DVD' while I was watching it.  I get the impression I'm stumbling into a point that was said at the time of the DVD released though so shout me down if it's all been said before.

I was thinking the same. I think all the extra stuff on the DVD was from this show. Maybe there were space reasons why they couldn't put the whole thing on. Whatever excuse they've never given, it all should have been on there, and I understand a bit better why some people were so angry about the DVD at the time.

A really good treat - if felt most of the new stuff was of an excellent quality. I suppose about 10 mins was cut out to fit in with C4 length programmes.

A glorious day indeed - thanks to everyone who is responsible for putting this up - but now I'm greedy, and want the divx version.

Rev

Oh, you four are truly beautiful people.  I too thought that this one would never get 'out there'.  

It really is of pretty consistent quality, isn't it?  The only bit that really deserved to be chopped was the elephant leafletting, which just seemed pointless.  Other than that it's all good.  Every little revelation makes the DVD look worse.

Gargan

What was the alternative peace of music over the slaughterhouse balances bit at the end? It rings a bell for some reason.. I think it might be Nyman..

alan strang

Quote from: "Rev"It really is of pretty consistent quality, isn't it?  The only bit that really deserved to be chopped was the elephant leafletting, which just seemed pointless.

Nah - the line "Don't make a whistling face unless you're gonna whistle" is one of my all-time fave bits of Morris.

Darrell - I think the DivX you have is the slightly smaller version of the two I made. I'll send the bigger, and better, quality one to yourself and Weekender tomorrow. May as well get the best quality encode out to the shared folders.

Rev

No, I meant that very brief bit of Morris handing out leaflets to passersby.  Who may very well have been in on the whole thing, I dunno.

2pintz

once again you amaze us all.

however, thanks to you doing this, i may well not pass my degree. oh well, worth it.

2pintz

no_offenc

Why does this seem to flow better and have a less "OOO LOOK IT'S SATIRE!!!11" feel to it?

Enjoyed it more than the Animals ep, anyway.  Especially weird to see the "BBC Television" bit at the end.

The Bejesus

Thanks very much pal.

Here's some booze as a reward:

Huzzie

y'all diserve treats!

<thumbs up smiley thumbs to EVERYONE!>

Bilko

End credits:

wants to be friends with Martin Amis
              Patrick Marbur (sic)

Hehehehehehehehe, Morris that cheeky little scamp

Almost Yearly

Interesting, ta.

Nice little extra fix of Sally Phillips there.

king mob

This is why its cool to abuse broadband at work.

a_big_egg

Just finished watching this little beauty. I loved Morris being on display on the wall.

Cheers to everyone involved.

Rats

I liked the slow, looser feel to it. Seemed like the more straight forward fairground mirror that was the day today but he had to take it further, move it into the gypsys tent and show us the NEWS to come. He couldn't do the same thing again. He's just all for tightening up and perfecting things and that's always a good thing. I'm suprised someone called him lazy in another thread. Just a few unseen bits but they were nice to see. Cheers everyone involved apart from weekender.

Capuchin

Thanks muchly, I hope Real Alternative handles this okay...

NobodyGetsOutAlive

Back in Broadband Newcastle and just finished downloading and watching this. Fucking brillant, many thanks to all those out there who got this put on the internet. It did seem slightly disjointed at times although I suspect that this was just to the lack of graphics and all that.. Anyway

Favourite bits include:

"I'm afraid I have no idea how the piece finishes since at the time I recorded the narrative I was immensely distracted"

"Ex PLO bint and now top journalist"

and all the rest.

Why wasn't this on the dvd again?

weekender

I've taken this down for a bit while I'm fannying around with the webspace.  It may reappear shortly, if anyone's still in need of it.