Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 11:35:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

They don't make it anymore

Started by Emma Raducanu, May 04, 2007, 03:45:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emma Raducanu

I've been wondering for some time whatever happened to Heinz Tomato and Lentil soup? I'm not normally fussed on tinned soups but this spoke of childhood memories and I'm always on the lookout, but fear it no longer exists. Maybe it wasn't popular enough with the kidz and so it will reside only in my most cherished of thoughts.

Also Birdseye Chicken curry in a box? I was disgusted the day they got rid of the boil in the bag method.

duckorange

I was disgusted to find out that they don't make the Breville Pie Magic any more.

Can't blame 'em to be honest, but I was so enraged I set up a petition on t'internet, because they always work.

Pie!

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Polo Citrus Sharp.

Where on earth did that bugger off to? You can still get the vastly inferior and impossible to seperate fruit candy ones.

They were sour like citrus hell, like any fellow addict will tell you.

Emma Raducanu

Quote from: "duckorange"I was disgusted to find out that they don't make the Breville Pie Magic any more.

It's probably best I never knew of it's existence in the first place or else I'd have been pretty pissed about that too

Cack Hen

Quote from: "Shoulders?-Stomach!"Polo Citrus Sharp.

Where on earth did that bugger off to? You can still get the vastly inferior and impossible to seperate fruit candy ones.

I think I actually have some that are about 7 years old, along with some Polo blackcurrent smoothies. They're in individual wrappers. They're yours for $1,000,000,000 + p+p

Rubbish Monkey

White dogshit, why don't they make that anymore!!!!

Marv Orange

Hope you realise you're are providing Peter Kay with an entire new act with this thread.

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: "Cack Hen"I think I actually have some that are about 7 years old, along with some Polo blackcurrent smoothies. They're in individual wrappers. They're yours for $1,000,000,000 + p+p
I see your packs of Polo Citrus Sharp and raise you some unopened packets of Spangles.

the midnight watch baboon

I wonder if schools still do Harvest Festivals.

boki

Quote from: "Shoulders?-Stomach!"Polo Citrus Sharp.

You might like these little bastards.  I think Firebox is the only UK retailer for 'em, though, and they're hella expensive since they're marketed as energy mints, but they're pretty nice.

CaledonianGonzo

Am I right in thinking that at one point in his live act, P. Kay actually reminisces about Hob Nobs?

Though I do want them to bring back Creamola Foam

buntyman

Quote from: "CaledonianGonzo"

Though I do want them to bring back Creamola Foam

Every time I have a meal with extended family, my mum always brings up fucking Creamola Foam. One relative would usually politely indulge her by denying they had heard of it and a tedious description of what it was, how it was made up etc would ensue. When the product did exist, no-one in my family would ever buy it because it was shit. It was had a nasty, overly sweet synthetic flavour,  stayed fizzy for all of 5 seconds and left a horrible residue at the bottom. Not only do I hope it never comes back, I hope a paedophile rapist is famously heard endorsing it so that it is never brought up at family mealtimes again.

Quote from: "duckorange"I was disgusted to find out that they don't make the Breville Pie Magic any more.

Can't blame 'em to be honest, but I was so enraged I set up a petition on t'internet, because they always work.

Why do you care? Surely you have one and are therefore sorted for life? I think the problem with them is that despite the toastie maker appearance, they weren't nearly as convenient. Making up pastry and stewed beef is hard work and the actual pie making is just as easily done in a tin in the oven.

One thing that I really liked was Heinz cookies n cream cheesecake. Used to be able to get it from Farmfoods for a solitary nicker but haven't seen em for at least a year.

CaledonianGonzo

Quote from: "buntyman"it was shit. It was had a nasty, overly sweet synthetic flavour, stayed fizzy for all of 5 seconds and left a horrible residue at the bottom.

Thus making it the perfect mixer for supermarket own-brand vodka.

Milo

Quote from: "buntyman"I hope a paedophile rapist is famously heard endorsing it so that it is never brought up at family mealtimes again.

I have never heard of Creamola foam but I do hope someone here creates an advert for it with a paedophile endorsing it.

mrpants

I live for the day Hubba Bubba decide to bring back cream soda flavour.

23 Daves

Pacers.  They were like Opal Fruits, only mint flavoured, and felt like chewing that soft plastic plug you used to get on the end of certain pens.  However, I discovered by chance the other week that there are wind relief chewy tablets you can buy that taste exactly the same - hence no more flatulence, and a great Pacer taste!  Two birds with one stone!  Yum!  And ahh!  I also found out that they have a terrible side-effect of constipation though, so it's probably best not to munch on too many.

lactating man nips

Wispa and Wispa Gold especially were awesome and before anyone says it they were completely different to bubbly dairy milk. Were they actually made my Cadburys?

-Yes, I spelt Wispa  incorrectly-

Cack Hen

Yes. I once sat in on a talk about chocolate marketing given by somebody from Cadbury and he said that financially, the Wispa was the most profitable chocolate bar because the important ingredient was just air.

chocky909

It was spelled Wispa and was indeed fantastic, as was the Wispa Gold variant. I've not tried the Bubbly Dairy Milk but believe it's nothing like.

Am I right in thinking that the Star Bar was axed but then came back. It's everywhere these days and I will always get one when I fancy choking on powdery choccy. I gave up on Boosts when they made too many varients and I got confused. I still like them though.

And PK wasn't being nostalgic about Hob Nobs. He was just talking about his family sitting about drinking tea and dunking biscuits which led on to the various rates of tea to biscuit absorption.

Does anyone remember tea?

alexl

QuoteAm I right in thinking that the Star Bar was axed but then came back. It's everywhere these days and I will always get one when I fancy choking on powdery choccy. I gave up on Boosts when they made too many varients and I got confused. I still like them though.

I think it dissapeared for about a year before coming back.

Has anyone seen Kit-Kat Ice creams lately ? - two finger or chunky?

Beck

Pleeease bring these back!

*reads thread* Er, right, never mind...

Borboski

The Secret Bar, I liked it, it had like a lattice outer layer of choclate, and then a nogat Milky War type centre, get owwwf moi laaarrrnd.

Can't find a pic via google.

Catalogue Trousers

23 Daves: apparently, these are quite good for substituting for the great taste of Pacers, without giving you constipation...

http://www.aquarterof.co.uk/spearmint-mojos-p-504.html

With the added bonus of being able to quote old Jack Dee stand-up routines as you eat them. Brilliant.

23 Daves

Thanks for the heads-up!  I'll have to try some of those.

Did I also hear correctly on the news not too long ago that Lion bars are going to be axed?  I stopped buying them years ago, but that was more because they were a Nestle product than any other reason - I'm almost half-tempted to break my trade embargo and go out and buy a load today to keep in storage.  As it is, I'm already often tempted by their Peanut Butter Kit Kats.

alexl

Anyone seen Cadbury's Spiral or Galaxy ripple lately?

Bogey

There's nothing wrong with combining chocolate and salt.

Boycott Nestlé! (Until they bring these back).

Cack Hen

Quote from: "Borboski"The Secret Bar, I liked it, it had like a lattice outer layer of choclate, and then a nogat Milky War type centre, get owwwf moi laaarrrnd.

Can't find a pic via google.

They've been whitewashed from history. I honestly believe that.

(not really)

mcbpete

I know you can get the flat Lipton Ice stuff in the bottles still but I used to love the fizzy version they did in cans. It was out around the same time as those Pretzel Flipz (which I still can't decide if I liked despite buying about 10 bags, the chocolate/salt combo just confused my taste buds as to whether they're nice or not)

Cambrian Times

Thorntons have stopped doing orage truffle bars with the orange crispy bits in it.

Am not happy.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I dread to think if Fizzy Jerkz are still going but I haven't seen any for ages and I live right next to about 15 corner shops where they're more likely to be.

It had cool flavours like Vanilla Ice Cream and Cola that you could combine to make new ones. Some of the combinations didn't work but you were so manic from the sugar and the fizzing no-one cared.