Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:05:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Morris radio material - how much was made, and how much is in circulation?

Started by weirdbeard, May 27, 2007, 12:22:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

weirdbeard

Just trying to squeeze as much info as I can into the GLR and Wayne Carr wiki topics, when the thought suddenly hit me -    how much stuff is actually 'missing'?  Are we talking tens of shows, dozens or even hundreds?  Without a load of Radio Times or concrete info from BBC Radio Bristol and BBC GLR I don't suppose we'll know for certain, but is there a rough figure anyone can put to the question?

weirdbeard

Unashamedly bumping my own thread which died on it's arse, but for a good reason: answers.

http://chilled.cream.org/wiki/doku.php/radio:nkc_tx_dates
http://chilled.cream.org/wiki/doku.php/radio:glr_tx_dates

I'll be making a return visit to my mysterious depository of Radio and TV Times (read: Birmingham Central Library) to get the rest of the GLR dates next week sometime so if anybody has any requests...

quadraspazzed

TJ

Weirdbeard - make sure you flip to the 'local radio' feature pages in those RTs - they often ran features on both NKC and the GLR show...

weirdbeard

Yeah, I've been doing that.  But I've only got access to Radio Gloucestershire listings (which unsurprisingly focused on Radio Gloucestershire shows) and I've not been able to find any Morris features up to and including the start of 1990 apart from one brief sentence in the GLR launch article saying Morris found the test card funnier than something or another - wasn't even worth copying down).

Might consider going down to Bristol library to see what exactly they have.  They have all Radio Times from 1980-present on microfiche (not that's a guarantee, the microfiche copies in Birmingham were all for the London region) and also have a healthy archive of local papers.  Wonder if any articles appeared regarding the infamous helium incident and why he got sacked (the Gloucestershires listing for NKC ended in May 1990, so I'd have a fair idea where to look) appeared in there.

Neil

Quote from: weirdbeard on May 30, 2007, 11:23:56 PM
http://chilled.cream.org/wiki/doku.php/radio:nkc_tx_dates
http://chilled.cream.org/wiki/doku.php/radio:glr_tx_dates

Just to say thanks again for the hard work weirdbeard, these pages are making my life a lot easier currently, and it's great to have everything gathered together.  Awesome.

weirdbeard

Quote from: Neil on June 01, 2007, 09:02:29 PM
Just to say thanks again for the hard work weirdbeard, these pages are making my life a lot easier currently, and it's great to have everything gathered together.  Awesome.

Pleasure.  I'll get the rest of the GLR stuff next week.  Unfortunately, the microfiche copies of the Radio Times at Bristol Central Library are South East editions, which means getting hold of the rest of the NKC dates and features will be incredibly tough.  Probably the best thing to do would be to contact any other libraries in that regional area, see if they have any physical copies.  Or maybe the British Library might have copies - I'll see if I can get in touch with them.

weirdbeard

Does anyone know the dates of the radio 5 morning edition shows morris did in 1992?

Quote from: weirdbeard on June 01, 2007, 10:17:45 PM
Unfortunately, the microfiche copies of the Radio Times at Bristol Central Library are South East editions, which means getting hold of the rest of the NKC dates and features will be incredibly tough.  Probably the best thing to do would be to contact any other libraries in that regional area, see if they have any physical copies.  Or maybe the British Library might have copies - I'll see if I can get in touch with them.

Seems not, according to the catalogue

Or- if you're not an idiot like me you may notice that they do mention various regional editions.  So that hasn't helped you at all really has it?  Sorry.

The Mumbler

Quote from: weirdbeard on June 04, 2007, 03:27:57 PM
Does anyone know the dates of the radio 5 morning edition shows morris did in 1992?

Monday 13 - Friday 17 July 1992, every day between 6.30 and 9am. Not even listed in Radio Times - it was only because Baker said he was on holiday and Morris was taking over that I knew to tune in at all.

JesusAndYourBush

Sorry to be so dense, but what show is "nkc" ?  I can't work out what those initials stand for.

Beck

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on June 04, 2007, 09:39:46 PM
Sorry to be so dense, but what show is "nkc" ?  I can't work out what those initials stand for.

No Known Cure.

JesusAndYourBush

weirdbeard

Quote from: sick as a pike on June 04, 2007, 03:33:11 PM
Seems not, according to the catalogue

Or- if you're not an idiot like me you may notice that they do mention various regional editions.  So that hasn't helped you at all really has it?  Sorry.

Coincidentally, I've just recieved an e-mail from the people at the Colindale newspaper library confirming they do have the South West edition of the Radio Times from 1987-1990.  So if anyone in the London area is bored one day and fancies contributing to the site, here is your chance.  I'd do it myself, but I can't justify the cost of travelling to London just to go through some magazines, as much as I'd like to.  I've just exhausted myself trawling through the contents of Birmingham library, so look out for quite a few wiki additions in the very near future.

Speaking of which, how the Christ does this forum know I posted that Morning Edition message from my mobile phone?