Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:06:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

CaB Radio

Started by Neil, August 08, 2007, 03:57:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hairiest CaB Bum

Neil's Bum
11 (20%)
Kelvin's Bum
3 (5.5%)
Fry's Bum
5 (9.1%)
Cack Hen's Bum
4 (7.3%)
HCLW's Bum
6 (10.9%)
ADOLF NAMBLA PAEDOPHILE 2000'S BUM
9 (16.4%)
P.S sorry if this poll change annoys anyone, but I was just getting a bit bored of the previous Bum
4 (7.3%)
Jesus, think! Neil's, Kelvin's, Fry's, cackhen's, and HCLW's bums are all dead. Killed during an orgy in a bloodstained gas chamber
2 (3.6%)
purlieu's bum - the only CaB bum he hasn't sexed (course not, she's not an imaginery emo bum)
2 (3.6%)
Your Bum
1 (1.8%)
Fred bumgo's
1 (1.8%)
The bum in the Sunpat ad
3 (5.5%)
PENIS/BUM
0 (0%)
Have a bum, bum with a pig, and then I'll go and have a cig
1 (1.8%)
Jim's Bum
2 (3.6%)
Bum
1 (1.8%)
Charlie Brooker's overused bum
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Neil

Right, now the new site is ticking over, it's time to think about CaB Radio.  I'd like to kick it off on Sunday night, may be busy during the day but should be around for the evening, say 8 or 9?  I dunno.  I'll try and do a test run over the next day or two as well, once I'm not tied up seeding these new torrents.  Still no idea how many folks could fit on TTT's bandwidth.

I've got a new mix from jutl here, stuff from Jemble, and some really great mixes from NoSleep.  Gonna try and put together an hour of music myself, and I've also got most of the old cookdandmixd things here, so I can play some of ApexJazz's old shows for instance, they were the tits.  Also found some mixes Pinball made, comedy and music I believe.

We can get some chatroom action going too, I'll see about installing a new java thingy now.  So provisionally I'll say that it'll kick off around 9 on Sunday night, and go on for at least a couple of hours. 

ALSO:  If anyone wants to make something for this, GO FOR IT, half an hour to an hour would be lovely.  Some music mixes would be good to have fo' sho', but I would love to have some more creative efforts popping up too.  E.g. Jemble has made a show with all the old Up Your Arts cut-ups for instance.

Open the shoutcast in Winamp/iTunes etc.
http://cabradio.servebeer.com:8000/listen.pls

Chatroom:
http://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?page=chat

Or you can get it with an irc client on thor.portalx.org channel #cookdandbombd

CaB Radio Wiki: http://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?page=cabradio

Edit it here:
http://chilled.cream.org/wiki/cabradio/

Jemble Fred

Splend'.

So we're still not sure how many can listen in? Or if they have to be members?

Only if we get a definite time for the cut-up thing (are you starting with Verbwhores TV Belch or Radio Dada? The latter's half the length, obviously...), then I'll be crowing about it far and wide.

ziggy starbucks

do you want contributions? If so, what kind of thing would be interesting?

I'm really looking forward to hearing this radio malarky

Neil

Quote from: ziggy starbucks on August 08, 2007, 05:36:05 PM
do you want contributions? If so, what kind of thing would be interesting?

Well, whatever you fancy doing sir.  Play some tunes and read some of your poems?!  S'up to you.

Quote from: Jemble Fred on August 08, 2007, 05:01:26 PM
Splend'.

So we're still not sure how many can listen in? Or if they have to be members?

Only if we get a definite time for the cut-up thing (are you starting with Verbwhores TV Belch or Radio Dada? The latter's half the length, obviously...), then I'll be crowing about it far and wide.

The Radio thingy will popup on the top left of the screen for everyone, members or no.  Not sure about the numbers, no, I've got a few things to do probably tomorrow, but should have time to run some kind of a test.  Theoretically, it should take a right few.  If it doesn't, then I should be able to drop the bitrate on the fly.  I would run some kind of test tonight but I'm just WAY too tired.  I'm not sure which one I'm playing first. 

Jemble Fred

Well one hates to be a complete whore about these things, but if we get a schedule sorted for Sunday night I'll probably not be able to resist sending out a bulletin or two advertising it. It probably doesn't sound like it, but them compilations did take a silly amount of time, when I should have been writing...

..And now that flipping Leyton Fake Curtis has come along, making cut-ups seems all-but redundant... Still, there's some good stuff in there – not by me, by... you lot!

chumfatty

I may get boo-ed and pelted with rotten tomatoes for this, but will these shows be podcastable? I enjoyed the dummy run that was done earlier this year, but I doubt I could ever be available to listen regularly.

I have no idea how to podcast things, or how simple it is, but if the show is already recorded then maybe it could be made available somehow for those that miss them.

ziggy starbucks

maybe this cab radio would be a good launchpad to kick start some audio monging again. After all, everyone likes to hear their stuff on the radio.

Plus a weekly/fortnightly mix of the cut ups would mean that there was no need to try and do 5 minute long cut ups that take a month to actually make.

p.s. Had my tag been deleted?

PLAY THE MONSTER MASH!!!!

p.p.s Now the tag has returned, but its slightly different to the one before. Which means that someone else put it there. Someone is messing with my mind!

Jim Jarmusch

Between 3:00-4:00AM I would like to hear nothing but Alva Noto albums.

Jemble Fred

Quote from: ziggy starbucks on August 08, 2007, 07:54:47 PM
maybe this cab radio would be a good launchpad to kick start some audio monging again. After all, everyone likes to hear their stuff on the radio.

Plus a weekly/fortnightly mix of the cut ups would mean that there was no need to try and do 5 minute long cut ups that take a month to actually make.

Well you'd be hard-pushed to muster up enough in a fortnight to make something like these compilations – the TV one is an hour and the radio's 30 minutes. Certainly four-smoke ventures.

ziggy starbucks

I'm having a hard time imagining what cab radio is actually going to sound like. My initial thoughts were that it was going to be a bit of a mix of stuff each week that could incorporate 2-3 minutes of new cut ups.

But that doesn't appear to be what Neil and Jemble are talking about. I'll listen to it and find out what its all about.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I'm not sure whether there's enough space going but I'd be up for doing a mix of electronic/downtempo music for later on, say an hour or so slot with a bit of nattering in various places. I'd quite like to do something to help contribute plus this way it'll guarantee it's not entirely shit.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Will there be any phone-in quizzes?

Neil

Quote from: Al Tha Funkee Homosapien on August 08, 2007, 11:50:39 PM
Will there be any phone-in quizzes?

Well I'm armed with Skype and know how to use it, so, no, absolutely bloody not.

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on August 08, 2007, 11:13:12 PM
I'm not sure whether there's enough space going but I'd be up for doing a mix of electronic/downtempo music for later on, say an hour or so slot with a bit of nattering in various places. I'd quite like to do something to help contribute plus this way it'll guarantee it's not entirely shit.

OK go for it.

Quote from: ziggy starbucks on August 08, 2007, 10:54:05 PM
I'm having a hard time imagining what cab radio is actually going to sound like. My initial thoughts were that it was going to be a bit of a mix of stuff each week that could incorporate 2-3 minutes of new cut ups.

But that doesn't appear to be what Neil and Jemble are talking about. I'll listen to it and find out what its all about.

I'm nervous about the whole thing being a massive fuck-up to be honest, but that'd be   because of technical stuff.  Yes though, chumfatty, there'll be sendspace downloads of the shows a day or two after they've been played as live.  I'll set up a wiki page for this to make sure it gets done. 

This COULD be ace, it's just down to what people make for it.  Like I say, there's already some really nice music mixes, but if people can get a microphone and do 30 to 60 minutes about something they enjoy, or make a mix of their favourite comedy sketches, or etc etc etc then that'd be great.  I think it'd be nice also to have a regular night where everyone gets together in the chatroom and shoots the shit.

Anyway, worth a go.  I also found the original Phuturelabs / PLM / BHE "cookdandmixd" set today, it was made around 2000/2001 I believe, and is ace.  So I've got a decent amount of content to stream already, most folks will have missed this old stuff. 

I'm definitely gonna be free on Sunday, so I figure we'll meet up in the chatroom for 9, I'll play some tunes then stick on one of Jemble's compilations for half an hour, then one of NoSleep's, and then jutl's new mix.  After that, depends on how many folks are around I guess.

jutl

Quote from: chumfatty on August 08, 2007, 07:29:26 PM
I may get boo-ed and pelted with rotten tomatoes for this, but will these shows be podcastable?

I'll be putting mine up somewhere to be downloaded after the event. Podcasts are just audio files linked to from RSS feeds (or 'enclosures' if you want to be opaque). I'm sure one could be set up, of all the contributors are happy to have their stuff d/led and we don't get busted by FACT.

Lord of divs

I know I am new here but I'd love to put some stuff together for the CaB radio experience, I'll get to work on it.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Hi Neil, I've got the set together and it's busy becoming a file as we speak. Should I upload it to sendspace then PM you it, or some other way?

Also, what file type would be best?

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Thankyou Constable Silly.

<that voice>A read only file! lolz!

Jemble Fred

Oh shit, is this still happening tonight? I've arranged to go to the cinema, and there hasn't really been much of a to-do about it all? There's not much point in playing anything good unless we make a bit of song and dance about if first, is there? Who'll be listening? I bet half the regulars haven't even clicked in this thread. I did want to alert all sorts of people to the cut-up compilation, but it's all a bit vague as to when it'll be played and so on.

Should we leave it until it can be a bit more of an event?

Go With The Flow

How long do these have to last? I was thinking of doing a 30 minute ChipTune megamix, if anyone is interested.

Neil

Yes.  I've been too busy with real life this week to even get the stream set up again.  I'd be up for trying to do a bit of a test run tonight perhaps, if people want to meet up in the chatroom.  But first, I'd better reinstall a chatroom!  Then hopefully, a proper launch next Sunday.

Anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: Jemble Fred on August 12, 2007, 01:53:48 PMI bet half the regulars haven't even clicked in this thread.

We'll be listening - in fact I thought I'd posted something to that effect, and was slightly surprised to check and find I hadn't.

Mind you, we'll be nipping outside to watch for the docked ISS-Shuttle combo coming over again at 22:03.  There's also Big Brother on at 9pm but we can always torrent that.

I see Neil's just posted, well we'll still be attending a test-run if there is one.  :-)

Jemble Fred

Right ho, well if there's a test-run tonight I'll try and tune in! But if we could save the cut-up compilation till next week, we can get a more structured schedule and stuff and I know lots of folk who'd be interested in having a listen then.

Neil

I forgot about Big Brother, dammit.  And I want to see that shuttle thing too, if poss.

Yes, will be just playing some songs and mostly just streaming old stuff tonight.  I haven't even been able to fiddle about with the code for the 'player' this week, had far too much to do in the real world.  I'll start fiddling about now and getting things ready, and will get some kind of chatroom thread going in a bit.  Sunday night will be chatroom night, then perhaps if people want to take over the stream and do properly live stuff in the future, that could happen too. 

EDIT:  I mean, I don't even know if more than about 3 people will turn up tonight, but I'll be testing it during the week when I'm about too.  I'd like to see how many people it can comfortably hold, and at what bitrate.  It shouldn't really struggle all, I think.
Anyway, we'll see how it goes.

ziggy starbucks

Artemis

I'd love to do something for this, Neil. Maybe a compilation of some music I'm listening to at the time and a few audio mongs and cut-ups sprinkled in for good measure. I can't get anything together right now and possibly not for some time (being without the means to do stuff like this is a huge downside of traveling) but how would you suggest I get it to you when I actually do manage to do it?

Marvin

I should be around tonight.

NoSleep

I should be around tonight. I also want to see the Perseids/ISS etc tonight, so I'll get some beers in and be looking outside at appropriate times (if I can be arsed when the moment arrives). Will the chatroom have to wait until next week? I suppose this thread is as good a place to put feedback/comments while the whole thing is in this early stage. There is the shoutbox, I suppose.

Neil

Quote from: Artemis on August 12, 2007, 03:48:43 PM
I'd love to do something for this, Neil. Maybe a compilation of some music I'm listening to at the time and a few audio mongs and cut-ups sprinkled in for good measure. I can't get anything together right now and possibly not for some time (being without the means to do stuff like this is a huge downside of traveling) but how would you suggest I get it to you when I actually do manage to do it?

Whichever way is handiest.  PM me a sendspace link if you like, or gis a shout and I'll give you my address so you can mail a CD.  Some people have been offering up old stuff they've done, but nyeh, I think I like the idea of people sitting creating something new solely for the purposes of this.

I'll set up the chatroom in the next hour or two, just got some shit to do round the flat. 

Marvin

I had an idea for a half hour or so long show which I will sort out in the next month or so, but yes, this is a great idea I think Neil, look forward to it.