Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,583,382
  • Total Topics: 106,741
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 03:16:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The all-purpose sports betting thread

Started by Pylon Man, May 03, 2008, 04:34:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pylon Man

I've just put the finishing touches to a script I made that scans for arbitrage bets (follow the link for a wiki article explaining it).

Anyway, I'm finding a lot of the odds are from foriegn bookies. Does anyone know the exact legal situation concerning placing bets over the Internet at a foriegn bookie?

And any other queries about betting might as well go in here, although I'm a complete novice myself.

rjd2

I work for a gambling firm basically it involves a lot o drinking tea and watching cricket and snooker all day, which is fun for now. I do like a punt although I think I have given up on footy accas, that's probably due to teams like Watford, Newcastle and Spurs consistently fucking them up.

biggytitbo

Quote from: Pylon Man on May 03, 2008, 04:34:30 PM
I've just put the finishing touches to a script I made that scans for arbitrage bets (follow the link for a wiki article explaining it).

Anyway, I'm finding a lot of the odds are from foriegn bookies. Does anyone know the exact legal situation concerning placing bets over the Internet at a foriegn bookie?

And any other queries about betting might as well go in here, although I'm a complete novice myself.

I'd imagine if you have any problems with a foreign bookie there'll be bugger all you can do about it. I still feel for us mere mortals arbitrage betting is fairely pointles, it only really works if you can leverage huge sums to bet with. Thats how the bankers do it, but of course they have the magic powers to create money out of nothing.

Pylon Man

biggytitbo

Quote from: Pylon Man on May 03, 2008, 04:53:33 PM
Oh fuck off with your banks.

Try making a worthwhile profit from arbitrage betting without having massive sums of money that you can afford to lose! It's just a waste of time, you're talking pennies.

TheWizard

Today I sat in front of the Man Utd. / West Ham game and managed to sneak 10 quid (which was all I had in my wallet unfortunately) on a sending off before Riley went to talk to the linesman. 6/1.

George Oscar Bluth II

I've had a fucking amazing week. Man Utd-Chelsea final bet came in at 5/1 (I think), then I got Zenit to go to the UEFA Cup final at 3/1 and then I lumped the lot on Bozza to win London. I'm up! For once I'm actually up!