Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:30:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

CaB Radio

Started by Neil, February 28, 2009, 08:31:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Thread 2, first thread here.

Open the shoutcast in Winamp/iTunes etc.
http://cabradio.servebeer.com:8000/listen.pls

Chatroom:
http://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/pjirc/chatroom.php

Or you can get it with an irc client on thor.portalx.org channel #cookdandbombd

CaB Radio Wiki: http://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?page=cabradio

Edit it here:
http://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/wiki/cabradio/

HOSTS OR POTENTIAL HOSTS PLEASE NOTE:  CaB Radio is NOT to be used for people who just want to stream back-to-back tracks without ever back-announcing them.  PLEASE do not use CaB Radio to stream your playlist without any actual 'hosting' being done inbetween songs - this is completely at odds with how the 'station' should be, and makes for extremely boring listening. 

Quote from: Neil on April 22, 2010, 02:30:49 AM
The auto-retwittering is now set up.  Send a twitter with cabradio or CaB Radio or #cabradio and it will be retwittered by @CaB_Radio.  So CaB_Radio is now dedicated to CaB Radio status announcements and info. 

Oh, it will retwitter every half an hour, so don't resend it if you think it hasn't shown up. 

You do not have to @CaB_Radio - just use one of the triggers, and use the rest of the space to promote/describe your shows.

Few more ideas for @CaB_Radio, too.

Little Hoover

Little Hoover

Sorry to double post, probably doesn't help things at the moment, but ffogems might be going on around 12:30

ffogems

I didn't host last night, but is anything happening tonight?

Little Hoover

It doesn't look like it, nobody's said anything and neil hosted last week, I think someone will need to play the morris thing at 9pm won't they.

ffogems

Assuming that's true then perhaps I could host tonight? I need to know soon though so I've got time to prepare

Neil

Sure, go for it.  I was going to host, but Jelly knocked over my new guitar last night and broke one of the tuning pegs right off, so I'm not particularly in the mood :-)  The little shit.

chocky909

"Yet again that oaf has destroyed my day!"

lactating man nips

Good stuff tonight guys, Kelvin and ffogems skype was especially hilarious.

Was Ffogems recorded last night?
Can you availablise the Leonard Cohen show please, Phil?
Fucksake.
In other news, HCLW wanted me to announce he's preparing a second folk music show that should be ready in about a month at the very latest. Wicked news, i said, everyone'll be dead chuffed.

ziggy starbucks

Quote from: Smeraldina Rima on March 02, 2009, 05:26:13 PM
In other news, HCLW wanted me to announce he's preparing a second folk music show that should be ready in about a month at the very latest. Wicked news, i said, everyone'll be dead chuffed.

errrrrrr ok. What should the theme be? Off the top of my head, perhaps a "best folk albums in the world ever" show

sirhenry

Quote from: ziggy starbucks on March 02, 2009, 07:58:14 PM
errrrrrr ok. What should the theme be?
'The sex and drugs our grandads had'

And grandmas of course, they weren't all gay back then.

Neil

Did the first one go up, I wanted to hear it.  It looked like there was just a zip of the tunes with no brother ziggy?

(I deeply apologise for any utter shite I spouted last night, I shall not be drinking Ice flippin' Dragon ever again.  I started to listen back a bit and heard me talking some utter bollocks about Terry Wogan being America's answer to David Letterman - WTF??!  I think I meant to say that it was one of the only times there's really been an attempt at having a chatshow on more than just once a week, as they do in Da US.

Neil

HEY!  I just thought, when it comes time to do Blue Jam on CaB Radio, why don't we make the repeat go out at the original proposed time (5am was it?)  Wasn't it repeated later on at the weekends, can anyone remember? 

I must get an update online about these Morris repeats and the regular CaB Radio shows, I'll try and do that tonight. 

ziggy starbucks

Quote from: sirhenry on March 02, 2009, 08:14:50 PM
'The sex and drugs our grandads had'

there are an awful lot of folk songs about booze. I could do a folk booze show but then the song selection would be rather random and they'd be nothing for me to talk about. Maybe a fairport convention show, with a look at all their solo careers. However there are people here who know much more about fairport convention than myself.

Quote from: Neil on March 02, 2009, 08:26:55 PM
Did the first one go up, I wanted to hear it.  It looked like there was just a zip of the tunes with no brother ziggy?

I believe the whole shambles is up on the wiki.

ffogems

Quote from: Smeraldina Rima on March 02, 2009, 05:26:13 PM
Was Ffogems recorded last night?

It was, but I think it's too stuttery and broken, sadly. I'll re-record the talky bits into an hour-long thing if people would be interested?

Yes please, ffogems! That's actually very exciting. It takes a failed recording to get you to do something you should have been doing long long ago.

All of those would be good, Ziggy, especially the ones where you would be able to have more input. Greatest folk albums sounds the most interesting to me, possibly opening it out for people to contribute their favourite album as well.

trench

Quote from: Neil on March 02, 2009, 08:36:49 PM
HEY!  I just thought, when it comes time to do Blue Jam on CaB Radio, why don't we make the repeat go out at the original proposed time (5am was it?)  Wasn't it repeated later on at the weekends, can anyone remember?

Yeah, you're quite right about the repeat times. It was originally broadcast from 0:00 until 01:00 on Friday mornings, and then repeated from 05:00 'til 06:00 on Sunday mornings.

Kishi the Bad Lampshade

Knock knock.

Who's there?

ME! Tonight at ten, only for an hour or so. I'm bored.

Goldentony

Kishi the Bad Lampshade

I'M ON COME SAY HELLO IT IS YOUR DESTINY

weekender

Quote from: trench on March 03, 2009, 03:09:10 AM
Yeah, you're quite right about the repeat times. It was originally broadcast from 0:00 until 01:00 on Friday mornings, and then repeated from 05:00 'til 06:00 on Sunday mornings.

For the first series, probably, yes.

I can't remember much about the second series, but I can guarantee that the third series was broadcast on Wednesday nights at midnight from 20 January 1999.  This is backed up by this article:

http://www.gleeson0.demon.co.uk/bluejam.htm

No offence meant, but didn't the Blue Jam guides on CaB use to have the original broadcast dates and times?  Really not trying to be a prick, I just genuinely thought they already existed.

Kishi the Bad Lampshade

Last night = good times.

Title for the show to stick in the wiki, anyone? (YES I INTEND TO DO THIS EVERY TIME I DO A PETTY LITTLE SHOW, GOT A PROBLEM WITH THAT COS IF YOU DO I WILL CUT YOU)

Lee

Ooh, shiny...

My hard drive's recently been wiped, but when I'm fully back on track I might be up for having another go at hosting pretend radio. I'll be along when everything's fixed.

joeyzaza

Quote from: Kishi the Bad Lampshade on March 04, 2009, 05:41:30 PM
Last night = good times.

Title for the show to stick in the wiki, anyone? (YES I INTEND TO DO THIS EVERY TIME I DO A PETTY LITTLE SHOW, GOT A PROBLEM WITH THAT COS IF YOU DO I WILL CUT YOU)

Kish Kish, Bang Bang
A Kish before dying
Kish and Tell
All I wanted was a little Kish
Sealed with a Kish
Kish of the Urethra-Spider Woman
Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kish Me
Kish and Make-Up

That should keep you going for a while. All you have to do is theme each show around a particular one.

Lfbarfe

Morris show 4 at 9pm, followed by the life of an earlier rebel broadcaster.

Goldentony

Ok, i'm hosting this Friday

BAD ASS

Fry

Quote from: Goldentony on March 04, 2009, 09:07:01 PM
Ok, i'm hosting this Friday

BAD ASS
Hahahaha, now that's how you advertise a fucking show.

Little Hoover

I'm thinking of putting together a short show or possibly just a long mix of music from the soundtracks to david lynch films, focusing mainly on the work of composer Angelo Badalamenti. If people want to request any particular favourites, I'll consider them. I'm also wondering if anyone would like to contribute some thoughts, or point me in the direction of some interesting trivia, that'd be welcome. Sorry if that sounds a bit vauge, but I'm kind of not sure what I'm expecting myself.
So pm me if you think you can help.