Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 06:22:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

TDT DVD paper info-band scan request

Started by mayer, May 04, 2004, 05:37:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayer

seemed better to stick this here than CC.

the jokers at Music Zone in the Trafford Centre nicked the info-band thingy that i've just found out about.... and there i was thinking that the cover was intentionally giving me fuck-all information.

anyone able to give it a scan and pop it up here? thanks in advance.

Pinball

Dang, Mayer/European Son, but that was the best bit! ;-)

On a related theme, I've talked (well, traded) a nice Australian chap into sending me 4 CDRs of CNNNN mpegs that he grabbed off his college LAN. CNNNN is an Aussie news satire programme widely believed to be inspired by TDT (//www.cnnnn.com), which was last broadcast Oct 2003 by ABC and has not yet been released on VHS or DVD. If anyone wants it (for a trade, like) let me know & I'll burn the CDs onto a single DVDR ;-)

You can watch video streams of CNNNN on their site, but they're done in a fiddly way that prevents me saving the stream, plus they're not the full programmes anyway.

fanny splendid

Good luck to you Mayer.

I asked about this last week, and got no answer.

mayer

cheers fanny. surely someone out there has the elusive mix of TDT DVD paper thingy and a scanner?

on a related note, i've just watched the second episode for the first time, and finally got the George Formby/Dylan gag the Tentacle made over here.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: "fanny splendid"Good luck to you Mayer.
I asked about this last week, and got no answer.
Sorry fanny, when you didn't keep pestering I assumed somebody had let you know.

It's simply a little paper band, about 3.5cm wide, that goes horizontally round the case.  It consists of a montage of photos (quite like the ones that wrap round the inner sleeve), with the DVD VIDEO logo and the words "ALL TRANSMITTED PROGRAMMES * ORIGINAL PILOT * EXTENDED SCENES" on one side, and "PARTRIDGE/MORRIS DIANA CHAT * TWO DISCS * 258 MINUTES OF THIS IS THE NEWS" on the other.

Can't manage a scan for the moment, but hopefully somebody else will oblige.  Preferably someone who's happy to unpick it so they can scan it as one flat object, rather than the two sides that I'd do it as (me being one of those who very carefully slid it off and am looking after it religiously).

I wonder if anybody's totted up all the extras and stuff to see if we've managed to hit 258 minutes yet?  Or does it only count video?

weekender

Well, I've still got the band (because I haven't opened the DVD yet) and I could install my scanner again and upload the images, but frankly I can't be bothered because it's just a pointless little fucking bit of paper and I can't understand why anyone cares about it.

Ask me at the weekend if no-one's done it by then, I'll have time to waste.

fanny splendid

Quote from: "weekender"it's just a pointless little fucking bit of paper and I can't understand why anyone cares about it.

Cheers for that, and you too, Sheepy.

That's all I really needed to know. There seemed to be a lot of fuss being made about the piece of paper, but if it's just a bit of advertising bumf, then I'm not missing out, am I?

You're lucky this time, Woolworths.

Pinball

Here's the infoband (300dpi JPG):

Edit: wait a few minutes, as for some unknown reason geoshitties make you wait after an upload before it "goes live". Call me cynical, but is this so the thought police can check it first??? Good to live in the free world - nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhht.

RIGHT CLICK IT AND IT WILL DOWNLOAD THANK FUCK

fanny splendid

Quote from: "Pinball"Here's the infoband:

Bloody hell, that Chris Morris, he's a card isn't he?

Pinball

ha fucking ha - RIGHT CLICK THEN SAVE AS!!!!!

fanny splendid

Heh, heh, sorry.

I couldn't resist!

:¬)

Edit: Use photobucket.com for image hosting.

Pinball

Quote from: "fanny splendid"Heh, heh, sorry.

I couldn't resist!

:¬)
nah problemo

that geoshitties is a bastard tho, it looks like u need to create an html page to see the jpg, bloody ridiculous.

fanny splendid

Photobucket is really easy to use. It even gives you the code to copy and paste. No html needed at all.

JesusAndYourBush

Just stick a question mark after .jpg and they work fine.

EDIT. well, they did before. bah.

Pinball

Quote from: "fanny splendid"Photobucket is really easy to use. It even gives you the code to copy and paste. No html needed at all.
I'm there- tx ;-)

Pinball

That's more plucking like it ;-)

Cheers FS!

weekender

I still don't understand why anyone cares, it's just a bit of fucking paper.

Pinball

Quote from: "weekender"I still don't understand why anyone cares, it's just a bit of fucking paper.
So's bogroll, but imagine being without it when you want a shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiite ;-)

Rats

or your mothers face, whichever is nearer you nasty man you. Look at how nasty he is! Oooooh, he's nasty.

Ambient Sheep

Great stuff Pinball, but arrrggggghhhh we're now in page-widening hell!!

gazzyk1ns

Pinball

Quote from: "Ambient Sheep"Great stuff Pinball, but arrrggggghhhh we're now in page-widening hell!!
Yep sorry about that, it's 'cos I chose 300 dpi. On the plus side, if you shrink the image down (not resize) it looks gorgeous. It only currently looks pixellated 'cos it's so large!