Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,309
  • Total Topics: 106,766
  • Online Today: 1,077
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 03:19:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Chris Morris Profile - Radio 4 - Saturday 30th January 2010, 7PM

Started by Neil, January 28, 2010, 04:10:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

There'll be a profile on Chris Morris going out this...Saturday, I'm sure it was.  7pm, they've apparently already done Armando Iannucci in this series, anyone hear that?  I'll add in the programme link and podcast details shortly. 

EDIT: Oh yeah, it's about £300 a minute for footage of Brass Eye!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006qjz5

It's only a 15 minute thing, oh well.

Ignatius_S

Quote from: Neil on January 28, 2010, 04:10:07 PM
There'll be a profile on Chris Morris going out this...Saturday, I'm sure it was.  7pm, they've apparently already done Armando Iannucci in this series, anyone hear that?  I'll add in the programme link and podcast details shortly. 

EDIT: Oh yeah, it's about £300 a minute for footage of Brass Eye!

Cheers for the heads-up!

On a slight tangent, I heard at the weekend that an American company, wanting to do a DVD release of The Innes Book of Records, recently got in touch with the Beeb, it was told that the fee would be £600 per minute (so £270,000 for the whole thing), plus a search for of £15k.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

If Iannucci's profile is still on iplayer, I can't find it.

As far as the Chris Morris heads-up,

T
h
a
n
k
s

N
e
i
l
!

Tiny Poster

Wow, I first heard about this about three or four years ago - I assumed Morris himself put the kibosh on it.

Neil

Quote from: Tiny Poster on January 28, 2010, 04:34:26 PM
Wow, I first heard about this about three or four years ago - I assumed Morris himself put the kibosh on it.

She said they don't generally go near the people involved, so it's probably unlikely.  I wanted to know if he'd been approached seeing as he's doing press at the moment.  They already have the greencine podcast, and the LHC thing, and now they have the Bournemouth University bootleg.  Speaking of which, if Tommy Trumpet is reading, please get in touch so I can pass your details on to them! 

Ignatius_S

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on January 28, 2010, 04:33:25 PM
If Iannucci's profile is still on iplayer, I can't find it....

Looks like that one was back in last October.

*Edit* It was but it's still available here - http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00ncfmq

joeyzaza

weirdbeard

That forthcoming biography sounds interesting, might be a nice Christmas present to get.  Interesting to hear the anecdote about Morris phoning up Trevor Dann to say he wasn't going to be on the show, a clip from the last GLR show to circulate from this site.   Also interesting to hear clips from the recent Greencine interview, suggesting this Profile show was very late in development, somehow I have it in my mind that this kind of stuff is finished off a few weeks in advance.

Artemis

Interesting enough - nothing amazing in there, but I like the sound of the biography too. I'm not sure I believe Grade when he says he's never seen Chris do anything other than his 'one trick' - still some bitterness there?

kidsick5000

sirhenry

Interesting stuff. An hour-long version would have been better, but there's always the upcoming biography by the always-wonderful Lucian Randall.

Lfbarfe

Really looking forward to Lucian's book. Nice chap, knows what he's doing, etc.

Paaaaul

Wasn't Randall's biography first mentioned on here at least 5 years ago, or am I going nuts?

I can't seem to find mention with a Google Site Search though.