Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:21:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Four Lions - British Screenings

Started by Neil, March 16, 2010, 05:50:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

New thread time, and also, the trailer is online again - presumably it still has PLENTY SPOILERS:

http://video.uk.msn.com/watch/video/four-lions-exclusive-trailer/2trpus57

Also, someone very kindly let me know that there will be tickets coming up for an extra Four Lions screening.  Announced shortly, I'll confirm here.  Be around tomorrow. 

EDIT:  They're up!  http://www.nationalmediamuseum.org.uk/BIFF/10/Film_detail.asp?FilmID=8928

EDIT:  Gone.

EDIT:  Ditto with the Screenlit tickets, gone before the box office opened.

Quote from: Me on April 01, 2010, 02:28:33 PM
If there are further screenings like this, before the national release, then here are the ways I notify people.

Twitter: @cookdandbombd
Email: The Cabal mailing list - I fire out updates about the site here, and any important news.
Email: The Real Cabal mailing list - Same as above, but closed to other posters.  I'm the only one who can post to it, and I fire out announcements about site updates...that's about it, other than urgent news like tickets etc. 

The mailing lists aren't used much these days, but might be useful, particularly if you aren't on Twitter.  email thecabal-subscribe@yahoogroups.com or therealcabal-subscribe@yahoogroups.com and that should add you.  Of course, I'll temporarily edit these thread titles to be extra eye-catching too, but if you want instant notification...

I was lucky enough to get advance notice on the extra screening at Bradford - not by anyone involved with the movie or promotion, although I should be on their list now.  Anyway, you've gotta be super-quick, I beat Screenlit and National Media Museum to the punch both times!  Thanks to Johnny Townmouse for letting me know about the early selling of the Screenlit tickets last night by the way.

EDIT: 19th April, extra tickets for Screenlit in Nottingham seemed to go within minutes.

EDIT:  15th May, Morris is doing a satellite Q&A across Picturehouse cinema's next Saturday (22nd), check www.picturehouses.co.uk for details.

rudi

So much funnier than the first one. Really think this is going to be a stormer. As much as I liked ITL, I laughed more at this trailer.

vrailaine

Loved that trailer alright, it's out in May?

Neil

The extra screening is now confirmed for 6pm on Thursday the 25th, before the previous one, be QUICK folks:

http://www.nationalmediamuseum.org.uk/BIFF/10/Film_detail.asp?FilmID=8928

Thanks once again to the anonymous lurker for the tip-off about this yesterday, very kind of him to let us know so we get first shout.

yesitis

fuck. 3 days before i get back to the uk. good luck getting a ticket to anyone who's gonna try.

wherearethespoons

Anyone going can borrow my camcorder.

dfurnell

Wow do have to be quick to get these. Luckily NMM is my local cinema and I got a ticket for the 6pm showing. Thanks for the tip off!

Shit only just spotted there's a chat with Morris on after the showing. Any suggestions for good questions? Wonder if I hang around until 10pm I could get in at the second Q&A as well?

Neil

I'm hoping the Q+A's get bootlegged, I'll remind people nearer the time.  Although, just over a week, how exciting!  Interesting titbit from chummyfax from the bloke who must have done the audio:

Quote from: here it is hot off the press (and at the right speed)the full trailer for #fourlions - enjoy http://bit.ly/bZ9GO5 #four lions #chrismorris

Was it noticeable?  Also, I presume someone here has got the previous trailer stored - I could do with archiving that.  Even if only so I could amuse myself by dubbing on Yakety Sax.  Or irritating Green Wing-style ambient music stings.

I've not looked at either, is this one that's hosted on Warp the same as the one on MSN (see first post)? 

dfurnell

Quote from: Neil on March 17, 2010, 03:13:06 PM
I'm hoping the Q+A's get bootlegged, I'll remind people nearer the time.  Although, just over a week, how exciting! 

Hmmm video from these Q+As often get added to 20 year anniversary editions of movies; I suppose it'll be the 3D / Super Hi-Vision / Smellovision version in 2030. Nevertheless it does mean it might be good to ask an amazingly clever-arsed question for that reason alone. Maybe I'll ask if he's had any positive comments from Salman Rushdie. Always a good name to drop in Bradford.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Yeah, it's the same trailer. Just watched it again and it still leaves me smiling. Certainly more immediate and promising than the In the Loop trailer (and I love that film), so fingers crossed.

DJ Solid Snail

Bradford? On a work day? Ruuubbish. I shall be waiting impatiently for the DVD, then, I suppose.

I'm not the only one purposefully snubbing the trailers, by the way, am I? The proper thing's only about 100 minutes long, I don't want to see too much of it out of context.

Jumble Cashback

Well, looks like I'm definitely going now.  I've got the green light to stay with my friends in Manchester (which, it would seem, is about an hour from Bradford) for the weekend and I've booked a ticket.  Just need to book my train and I'm set.  I'm quite excited now.  Not sure what question to ask though, if I can think of one at all.

Neil

Tickets all gone, didn't think it'd be quite that quick.  Hope you got one.

JPA

Got mine, thanks for putting the thread up Neil, really looking forward to it.

phes

Quote from: DJ Solid Snail on March 17, 2010, 09:44:01 PM
Bradford? On a work day? Ruuubbish. I shall be waiting impatiently for the DVD, then, I suppose.

you've only got to wait until May 7th for nationwide release.

vrailaine

Quote from: phes on March 18, 2010, 01:07:23 PM
May 7th? I'll be seeing it in London so.

DJ Solid Snail

Quote from: phes on March 18, 2010, 01:07:23 PM

Ah!

Great.

axel

SHIT.
Morris in my home town and I manage to miss out on tickets. Bollocks.

If anyone knows who I need to sleep with to get a ticket please let me know :-)

Jemble Fred

Quote from: axel on March 19, 2010, 10:18:08 AM
If anyone knows who I need to sleep with to get a ticket please let me know :-)

Chris Morris.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteBradford? On a work day? Ruuubbish

Or rather very very good that London isn't host to yet another important cultural event that it isn't neccessarily connected to in any meaningful sense. Welcome to the feeling everyone outside of London experiences every week. Plus it makes sense given the setting of the film and that the National Media Museum in Bradford and IMAX is really good.

It's likely that some Londony thing will happen, so just sit tight and wait for that.

Clint Hollow

(Removed - Neil)

Neil

Actually, can we keep ticket stuff off here, please, as per?  I'm not keen on that in general as it obviously breaks the buying and selling rule, and I don't want a thread/board full of 'got/want a ticket?'

Clint Hollow

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Phillippe Lambert

Nottingham Evening Post reporting tonight that Morris, Jesse Armstrong, Ianucci etc will be attending http://screenlit.co.uk/ in Nottingham, 21-29 April, with a screening of 4 lions. Tickets not on sale until 1st April, and website not yet been updated to confirm, but looks promising. Here's a previous news story on it about Ianucci's attendance: http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/news/Armando-Ianucci-headline-Broadway-fest/article-1879827-detail/article.html

Shoulders?-Stomach!

waynew

I'm going to the 6pm screening.  Can't wait.  It's in the Pictureville cinema in NMM (not the imax) which only holds 300 people so no wonder they sold out quickly.

Phillippe Lambert

Yes, I thought it looked wrong. Accept my apologies. Iannucci

neveragain

Quote from: Phillippe Lambert on March 19, 2010, 04:26:56 PM
Nottingham Evening Post reporting tonight that Morris, Jesse Armstrong, Ianucci etc will be attending http://screenlit.co.uk/ in Nottingham, 21-29 April, with a screening of 4 lions. Tickets not on sale until 1st April, and website not yet been updated to confirm, but looks promising.

Hope this proves true.