Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 04:13:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Doctor Who - Series 5 Discussion (No Spoilers)

Started by ozziechef, March 18, 2010, 06:41:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozziechef

So series 5 is now just a couple of weeks away and there's lots of spoilers starting to come out.

In the Lost thread we have a No Spoiler rule and only discussion of what has happened and theories etc.

So here's a shiny new thread for a shiny new doctor (and his forehead) for a non-spoiler view of Series 5 (or one or twenty something) and discussion of the episodes.

Alltoghter now - DIDDLY DUM DIDDLY DUM DIDDLY DUM DIDDLY DUM DIDDLY DUM OOOOH OOOOOH OOOH

biggytitbo

AsparagusTrevor

No spoilers, but we've got a couple of weeks 'til an episode airs.

So... nice weather we've been having.

Blue Jam

Lt Plonker

Premiere in Cardiff

QuoteGillan spends most of the episode in a policewoman's uniform with a short skirt.

Lovely.

lipsink

Moffat was just on BBC Breakfast being more cocky than RTD ever was with lots of "Just you Wait!"'s. Would've been great if he just said: "Actually it's a bit shite and Matt Smith's performance is fucking gay." He also confirmed the first episode will be on 3rd April!!! Susannah Reid finished the item by saying "David who?, eh?" Bit premature. Bitch.

Has anyone else seen the fantastic pic of Moffat as a kid reading a Doctor Who book in this weeks 'Radio Times'?

Quote from: lipsink on March 19, 2010, 08:54:17 AM
Susannah Reid finished the item by saying "David who?, eh?" Bit premature. Bitch.

Maybe she thinks that's his surname.

biggytitbo

Quote from: lipsink on March 19, 2010, 08:54:17 AM
Moffat was just on BBC Breakfast being more cocky than RTD ever was with lots of "Just you Wait!"'s. Would've been great if he just said: "Actually it's a bit shite and Matt Smith's performance is fucking gay." He also confirmed the first episode will be on 3rd April!!! Susannah Reid finished the item by saying "David who?, eh?" Bit premature. Bitch.

Has anyone else seen the fantastic pic of Moffat as a kid reading a Doctor Who book in this weeks 'Radio Times'?
Moffat never fails to come across as a cock, arrogant, prickly shit in every interview he ever gives.

Good job he's a good writing and this isn't a personality contest!

biggytitbo

So this is no spoilers? WHat counts as a spoiler?

If its an official clip, press release or interview that's not a spoiler is it? If Moffat is interviewed on the BBC and he says that the Myrka is coming back does that count as a spoiler or not?

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: lipsink on March 19, 2010, 08:54:17 AMHas anyone else seen the fantastic pic of Moffat as a kid reading a Doctor Who book in this weeks 'Radio Times'?

No, but assuming it's the same one, I saw it in last month's DWM.  Great photo, as you say.

Jemble Fred

biggytitbo

He just sounds bitter than he wasn't there to watch it.

All the reviews from people who've seen it have been glowing.

biggytitbo

By the way, can we not just make this a general Series 5 thread and use the spoiler tag - that's what its there for! It seems a bit daft to have 2 separate threads, one for people who want to discuss spoilers and this.

TotalNightmare

Quote from: biggytitbo on March 19, 2010, 09:17:12 AM
Moffat never fails to come across as a cock, arrogant, prickly shit in every interview he ever gives.

Good job he's a good writing and this isn't a personality contest!

Even though I love his work, i would have to agree with this! I went to see him do a public talk about the Victorians last year, the focus on this chat was Sherlock Holmes (obviously there to pitch the forthcoming show as well as talk about his love for Mr Holmes) but he came across as a little rude and a bit smarty pants...

But then he answered my question politely - so that's my story ruined!

biggytitbo

It's not his famous rudeness that bothers me, its his hair. What's that all about?

Just imagine 'Dexter Who'.

That would be way better than Doctor Who and Dexter.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

I also saw Moffat at a live Q&A a couple of years ago, and he did indeed come across as a right bell-end. He's quite witty, but man he doesn't half know it.

On the other hand, I met RTD at around about the same time and he was completely charming.

So, um, bring back RTD.

ozziechef

Quote from: biggytitbo on March 19, 2010, 10:22:27 AM
By the way, can we not just make this a general Series 5 thread and use the spoiler tag - that's what its there for! It seems a bit daft to have 2 separate threads, one for people who want to discuss spoilers and this.

I wanted to use the Lost thread as an example. There's no spoilers there at all (after Jamoke finally got the hang of it). As to what's a spoiler, if in doubt use the spoiler tag.

Cambrian Times

Quote from: biggytitbo on March 19, 2010, 10:56:39 AM
It's not his famous rudeness that bothers me, its his hair. What's that all about?

Do think he might be upside down and his pubes are like really straight?

biggytitbo

There is a distinct pubeyness to it isnt there?

HappyTree

Looks promising so far in the clip I saw. 1 hour! They should all be 1 hour.

Bingo Fury

papalaz4444244

eluc55

Arrrrrgghhghhhhh! My head just exploded with excitement.

biggytitbo

It's what you have to love about Doctor Who.
Spoiler alert
Spitfires
dogfighting in space.
[close]
You are not going to get that in any other show. Ever.

Hmm. Was hoping we'd got past the crash-bang-wallop of the RTD-era; this looks a bit too similar for my liking. But I'm confident the episodes themselves will show a different style.

Anyone else thinking it looks a bit cheaper than recent years? Some of those CGI shots are very ropey.

biggytitbo

Its in HD now, so no, the CGI won't be more ropey, it will have to be less. It may be a lot less ambitious however.