Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 05:10:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Four Lions nominated for two Baftas

Started by dr_christian_troy, January 18, 2011, 12:48:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dr_christian_troy

Under the 'Outstanding British film' and 'Outstanding debut by a British writer, director or producer' categories.

Full list here - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-12213776

Up against some levelled competition in the 'Outstanding British film' category, but I would say Chris Morris is a safe bet for the win in the 'Outstanding debut' category.

padougy

A pretty safe bet for 'Best Debut', but I can imagine the guy that did Monsters getting some recognition perhaps, as it's quite an achievement to do a film like that with little money and a small crew.

Hard competition for British film: if King's Speech gets Best Picture I'd imagine it would go to something else - Another Year seems more likely than Four Lions.

Neil

Someone kindly passed on the scan of the Four Lions pages fro the BAFTA booklet:

[smg id=129]
[smg id=130]

Harpo Speaks

Four Lions has won the award for Best Debut.

Neil

Just read on Twitter that Chris Morris
Spoiler alert
accepted the award via text message :-)
[close]

Neil

Transcript:

QuoteBAFTA 2011 – ACCEPTANCE SPEECH – OUTSTANDING DEBUT BY BRITISH WRITER DIRECTOR AND PRODUCER

CHRIS MORRIS (outstanding debut by a British writer, director or producer)
Accepted on his behalf by NIGEL LINDSAY and ADEEL AKHTAR

NIGEL LINDSAY:  We are obviously not Chris Morris, no.  He didn't tell us what to say if he won, but he did send us a text message about five minutes ago, and they both say the same thing.

ADEEL AKHTAR:  Wait, that's from my mum.

NIGEL LINDSAY:  "Doused in petrol, Zippo at the ready."
I am not sure quite what that means, but all I can say, Chris, if you are watching, is: please put the lighter away because you are too talented not to be here to make another film.  All I can say is that on the set, Chris -- his outstanding energy and his brilliant off-the-wall ideas and his openness to collaboration helped the rest of us to do our best work.  So I am really chuffed for him. 
Congratulations, Chris, if you are watching.

Old Nehamkin