Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 09:25:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Super Injunctions revealed on Twitter

Started by Jaffit, May 08, 2011, 09:24:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaffit

http://twitter.com/#!/InjunctionSuper (will have to copy and paste the link)

I wonder who it is who's behind this as it seems extremely fucking daring and risky if there identity is revealed. Must be someone in the media but they must have some balls to pull off something like this.

biggytitbo

Super injuctions have no juristiction outside of the UK, and since twitter is based in the US they're doing nothing wrong. It's one of the reasons the whole superinjuction principle is so fucking ridiclous.

Is Jezza having it away with Andrew Marr then?

Quote from: biggytitbo on May 08, 2011, 09:26:26 PM
Super injuctions have no juristiction outside of the UK, and since twitter is based in the US they're doing nothing wrong. It's one of the reasons the whole superinjuction principle is so fucking ridiclous.
Is that definitely how the law works? Are you sure? Can you quote something to back it up? Why is it definitely not the case that if the material is uploaded from the UK that it's not punishable?

"British comedian/actor David Schneider is into BDSM and visits spanking establishments to engage in the whipping of women."

The things people will do for a second series.

It would be fun to be in this position (people reading your Twitter feed and believing you) and make some up, wouldn't it?

Jaffit

Really I didn't know that. Renders the whole process a complete waste of someones time and money doesn't it. Be interesting to see how this develops then as I can't see the people involved not wanting to see what legal avenues they can follow.

Just seen this gem:

British comedian/actor David Schneider is into BDSM and visits spanking establishments to engage in the whipping of women. #superinjunction

CaledonianGonzo

Hilariously:

QuoteBut then Hugh's devotion to wife Lulu is so strong it is understood he is known to fellow thespians as the Ryan Giggs of the showbusiness world, after the famously family-orientated footballer.

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1384757/Your-Secret-Life-So-mention-wife-Hugh---fact-drives-Volvo.html

(Beware - direct Daily Mail link)

Quote from: Jaffit on May 08, 2011, 09:30:31 PM
British comedian/actor David Schneider is into BDSM and visits spanking establishments to engage in the whipping of women. #superinjunction

Currently on a 'twitterbreak'

biggytitbo

If the alleged intimate photos of JC do exist, for the love of all that is holy please keep them secret.

Queneau

1 follower?

HyperInjunction is terrific.

ziggy starbucks

Quote from: biggytitbo on May 08, 2011, 09:44:05 PM
If the alleged intimate photos of JC do exist, for the love of all that is holy please keep them secret.

I imagine they are much more horrific than the photos of bin laden's mangled and defiled corpse

Quote from: Jaffit on May 08, 2011, 09:24:48 PM
http://twitter.com/#!/InjunctionSuper (will have to copy and paste the link)

I wonder who it is who's behind this as it seems extremely fucking daring and risky if there identity is revealed. Must be someone in the media but they must have some balls to pull off something like this.

Hang on - I'm confused. Are some of those true and some not?

Queneau

The Giggs one is true.

[Jumps off building.]

EDIT: allegedly.

biggytitbo

I imagine every tabloid editor in the country know all these, probbaly old news to them.

Yeah, the one about the footballer, the actor, and the two other actors are true I think (at least I've heard them elsewhere) - don't think the Clarkson or Schneider ones are though. V strange - why would someone mix up true and false ones?

Subtle Mocking

The Giggs one is pretty much common knowledge.

Love the Schneider one though. Puts all the lap-dancing in IAP into perspective.

Danger Man

Quote from: Maybe Im Doing It Wrong on May 08, 2011, 10:08:36 PM
Yeah, the one about the footballer, the actor, and the two other actors are true I think (at least I've heard them elsewhere) - don't think the Clarkson or Schneider ones are though.

Clarkson does have a super-injunction though....

Yes, it's about an affair I think - I don't think it's with Jemima Khan though.

Zero Gravitas

biggytitbo

His supposed affair has already been on the papers hasnt it?

buttgammon

QuoteEvery mirior in Lembit Opik's house is a funhouse mirror

I don't believe the site for a second but that is brilliant.

George Oscar Bluth II

Yeah I think this account is mainly bollocks. The very fact that Jemima Kahn is denying it makes me believe her. Surely publicly commenting on one if you're involved in it, invalidates it?

This shows the problem with super injunctions though, wether Dave Schneider is or isn't into BDSM it sucks for him that people think he is. With no supporting evidence.

It's obviously the two real ones we know about, plus some mischief making.

Danger Man

Quote from: George Oscar Bluth II on May 08, 2011, 10:28:46 PM
wether Dave Schneider is or isn't into BDSM it sucks for him that people think he is. With no supporting evidence.

Outside of his immediate family, does anybody care?

koeman

I reckon that account's a load of bollocks. Starting off with the much-publicised Giggs ones makes everyone think 'ooh, I've heard that one elsewhere, reckon that could be real', and then they just chuck in a load of random ones among the possibly true, and hey ho a load of reputations are tarnished. If I were Schneider, I'd embrace it and change my avatar to a picture of me in a gimp mask and latex rubber suit.

small_world

So, wait a minute... Even I can't say on here... If I knew... About the relationships some people may have, if they have a super-injunction?
If I did, this site or me, would get into bother?

Crazy shit.

Queneau

Zero Gravitas

Don't listen s_w! these cunts want to see you prison-fucked, the only way to be truly safe is to spoonerise any names.

Beil Nomb'd sucks off dogs.

Ambient Sheep

Out of the six that's on there at the moment, I'd worked out the first and the last myself from clues given in newspapers, and I knew that the motoring man had been up to something, even if I didn't know what.  Had a good idea about the chef too.  Had no idea about the actor (who?), and none at all about the poor kinky man.  Hope he doesn't do a Reg Hollis.

Quote from: Still Not George on May 08, 2011, 09:31:48 PMIs HyperInjunction one of you lot?

Has to be, surely, too many references (e.g. CM's zoology degree, Moffat v. Miles) not to be at least a lurker.

Danger Man

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/8501714/Jemima-Khan-denies-claims-of-Jeremy-Clarkson-super-injunction.html

QuoteThe identities of public figures who obtained draconian gagging orders to hide details of their extra-marital affairs and private lives was disclosed on Twitter.

Note that the first sentence of The Telegraph article reports this as if the information is true.

Shuggie

The Hugh Bonneville one must be correct going by the less than subtle mail article, and the comments section being disabled for "legal reasons", what happened to the Gabby Logan/Alan Shearer rumours?