Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:03:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

a fine day for pop

Started by mayer, June 04, 2004, 04:02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

morgs

Don't care one way or t'other about Jet but that's FUCKING FANTASTIC about Creed....! Ha ha ha, my aching sides!

El Unicornio, mang

Quote"Creed songwriter / singer Scott Stapp has been busy in the studio writing and recording over the past several months. His first post-Creed recording will be featured on an album coming on August 31 via Wind-up Records that will pool together superstar talent, as they individually offer compositions inspired by the film 'The Passion Of The Christ'."

????

I've never actually heard anything by Creed. Are they really as shite as everyone says they are?

I dislike Jet quite a lot, but I'm not sure gloating over them pulling out of a gig because of a serious family illness situation is really cricket, you know. I'd rather they'd just go the way of Creed.

mayer

Quote from: "Ghost of Troubled Joe"I've never actually heard anything by Creed. Are they really as shite as everyone says they are?

I dislike Jet quite a lot, but I'm not sure gloating over them pulling out of a gig because of a serious family illness situation is really cricket, you know. I'd rather they'd just go the way of Creed.

Creed are indeed as bad as everyone says they are.

on Jet, i'm not gloating about the family illness, i hope everyone concerned gets well soon. i'm just happy Jet are skipping a gig, saving the ears of unfortunate acid-casualty passers by.

boki

Quote from: "morgs"Don't care one way or t'other about Jet but that's FUCKING FANTASTIC about Creed....! Ha ha ha, my aching sides!

But what if they all form other bands/launch solo projects?  Isn't that going to just increase the amount of plodding identigrunge being slopped out?

dan dirty ape

Presumably this 'Passion Of The Christ' thing will feature such 'superstar talent' as Delirious?, DC Talk and, I dunno, Stryper.  I had a Christian workmate who used to play this 'non-secular rock' bollocks (sample lyric: People say you're strange just because you're a stranger/My best friend was born in a manger) and, fucking hell, it's uniformly grim listening.

Marcus Or Relius

I've never ever heard of either of these bands. Am I lucky? Or just out of touch?

Z/Sb

mayer

my favourite Creed moment.... the video to My Sacrifice, when the guitarist is playing a solo in a body of water.....

a million MTV2 viewers look at their screens and yell "SWITCH ON THE FUCKING POWER"

king mob

Jet aint that bad but Creed are just fucking chancers who need to be airbrushed from music history.

Marty McFly

now, call me unfashionable, but i saw creed back in, oh, 1999, at the big day out festival, and thought they were pretty good. i also have a copy of their first album somewhere which isnt bad in an early 90s grunge way. since then i think scott stapp disappeared up his own arse and started to churn out a load of pretentious shite.

still, download "ode".. come on, that's a good song!