Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 09:51:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

ON THE HOUR at 20: It's A Painful Business

Started by Jemble Fred, September 22, 2011, 09:33:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jemble Fred

Someone just retweeted Herring tweeting about this – that's the 21st century for you:

http://radiotoday.co.uk/2011/09/on-the-hours-20th-marked-on-radio-4-extra/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+radiotoday+%28Radio+Today+-+News%29

Good to get another repeat, but it's the documentary I'm most looking forward to. We should make a cake.

lazyhour

I hate to disappoint, but the article linked to is completely wrong. All that will be broadcast is a 3-hour special, hosted by Eddie Mair, containing 4 cherry-picked episodes of OTH along with an ep of Armando's Charm Offensive and an ep of KMKYWAP. There is no documentary, sadly

wheatgod

Neil

Seems lazyhour was right, all Eddie Mair does is say a bit of blather, then plays an episode.  Still, wonderful to hear these again, they still sound as fresh and fnuny as ever.  I'll be digging out the CD's later.

benthalo

Nice of them to acknowledge the anniversary, but that was rubbish. Script based on a search of google as far as I could tell and with some quite basic errors. Marking the anniversary of episode 1 with the revised repeat of episode 4 is slightly odd too.