Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:27:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Skeletor has died

Started by PaulTMA, October 06, 2011, 01:35:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulTMA

Bugger.  36 is no age to go.

RIP    :(

Santa's Boyfriend

Is it me or has the last 48 hours been particularly deadly for celebrities?

Uncle TechTip

How can a skeleton die? It's a skeleton. Are you saying he has a brain up there? How does it stay in place? Surely it would just ooze out of the nasal cavity and eye orbits.

non capisco

I always wondered how he managed to talk without his jaw falling off.

Give it a few days lads. Now is not the time to dissect Skeletor's role in the mismanagement of Eternia.

Just try and remember how he loved a joke. Always cackling over something. RIP

PaulTMA

Too sad to.  Type long sentences.  Though I wasn't a big fan but...

Bugger.  :(

Shuggie

Pity, outlived by that pious cunt He-man too, theres no fucking justice.

non capisco

A talented mimic too. His John Inman always had them rolling in the aisles at the Snake Mountain christmas party.

jutl

He played a very convincing Nixon in Frost Nixon too.

Harfyyn Teuport

Skeletor gave me my first real job back in the late eighties. I'd been studying evil, with electrical engineering, at Greyskull Poly and he hired me straight out of the fold. This was back in the days when people were saying you couldn't apply evil to EE, but he took a chance on us - that's what he did, he took chances. And tried to kill He-Man. You've all heard the stories about how he treated his staff so it won't be a surprise to learn he boiled some of us in acid or fed us to monsters! But, beneath all that, in his quieter moments, he really was a horrible person. I'll never forget the time he thought he had the better of He-Man and then at the end it turned out He-Man had beaten him again.

I'll miss him for the rest of my life.

RIP

PaulTMA

Quote from: Harfyyn Teuport on October 06, 2011, 02:19:36 PM
Skeletor gave me my first real job back in the late eighties. I'd been studying evil, with electrical engineering, at Greyskull Poly and he hired me straight out of the fold. This was back in the days when people were saying you couldn't apply evil to EE, but he took a chance on us - that's what he did, he took chances. And tried to kill He-Man. You've all heard the stories about how he treated his staff so it won't be a surprise to learn he boiled some of us in acid or fed us to monsters! But, beneath all that, in his quieter moments, he really was a horrible person. I'll never forget the time he thought he had the better of He-Man and then at the end it turned out He-Man had beaten him again.

I'll miss him for the rest of my life.

RIP

tl;dr

ip

BlodwynPig

Did someone mention Thundercats?

CaledonianGonzo

Word is now emerging that he passed away after a liaison in one of Snake Mountain's many bedrooms with Fisto:

Mr_Simnock

^^^ Dera lord, I cant think of any other kids cartoon (or show for that matter) with so many sexual references/undertones. I mean he man himself walks around flashing his large powerful weapon about dressed in nothing more than bondage gear. while battling the sort of iron fisted wanker shown above.

George Oscar Bluth II

This is a real pity, I had tickets to see him in the touring production of 'The 39 Steps' as Richard Hannay in November.

biggytitbo

Whoever said Skeletor was a skeleton should be ashamed of themselves.

Take another look at the rippling muscles on his body and tell me he's a skeleton.

What he is is inconsistent.

madhair60

Consignia

Quote from: biggytitbo on October 06, 2011, 08:59:18 PM
Whoever said Skeletor was a skeleton should be ashamed of themselves.

Take another look at the rippling muscles on his body and tell me he's a skeleton.

What he is is inconsistent.

He's just magical. It's a fruitless exercise pondering his biology. He just laughs manically at all such attempts.

madhair60

It's "skellington".  He's Skellingtor.

biggytitbo

Quote from: Consignia on October 06, 2011, 09:03:54 PM
He's just magical. It's a fruitless exercise pondering his biology. He just laughs manically at all such attempts.
He's a muscular man with a Skeleton for a face, it's not complicated. But like everything about Skeletor, his unusual appearence just seems a bit pointless.

CaledonianGonzo

Though biologically inconsistent, Skeletor is handy in a fight.  Unlike Mekaneck:

Blumf

So as Skeletor's corpse decomposes, does his face slowly build up flesh until you end up with a skeleton body but a normal skin covered head?

Icehaven

My cousin had the toy of that waspman but the wings were shit and snapped off.

CaledonianGonzo

Quote from: icehaven on October 06, 2011, 09:14:28 PM
My cousin had the toy of that waspman but the wings were shit and snapped off.

Please - his name was (IIRC) Buzzz-Off.

biggytitbo

Quote from: Blumf on October 06, 2011, 09:13:03 PM
So as Skeletor's corpse decomposes, does his face slowly build up flesh until you end up with a skeleton body but a normal skin covered head?
No, you're just being silly now.

Howj Begg

The idea of posting fake death threads, has died.

Consignia

I actually have a funny story involving Skeletor. Well, not that funny really, but I'm telling it anyway.

I was developing some new functionality along the lines of visualizing multi-layered oil pipelines schematics or something boring for our main software application. To spice up my development I like to take pictures from cartoons and use them as test data, and I only had one diagram to work with, so Skeletor was a natural choice of picture. I had to write it at short notice and I was collared in by the CEO for a demonstration with some of my colleagues, because he wanted to try and sell it later. Now, he's a very straight-laced humourless chap this CEO, and indeed looked a bit like yer man Skeletor. So as I was giving a run through of where I was, and the topic turned to switching between images. Up until this point, I was showing everything with the actuall schematic I had to hand, but I realised a little too late, and just as I switched who appeared on the projected screen but:

Immediately, everyone started in the room started to piss themselves laughing, but as I turned to the boss-man, I saw the most unimpressed face ever, not a single chuckle left his mouth. I carried on explaining how in production, we wouldn't have any supervillains popping up, and it would in fact be a more detailed diagram. However, I was left in quite bad books with him for a while .

non capisco

The mind boggles as to how anyone can look 'a bit like Skeletor', someone with a blue muscly body and a yellow featureless face stripped of all flesh. Having said that. my sister's ex-boyfriend did bear a remarkable resemblance to Snarf from Thundercats. I guess it's more in the demeanour.

CaledonianGonzo

Quote from: non capisco on October 06, 2011, 09:39:50 PM
The mind boggles as to how anyone can look 'a bit like Skeletor'

Sadly, GIS isn't offering up a photo of Bez wearing a hoody.

biggytitbo

Skeletors face wasn't the only part of his body that was a skeleton, he also had a skeletal arse. He finds it very hard getting any purchase when he's having a dump, I hear.