Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 11:54:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Dance ejay alternatives?

Started by VegaLA, February 19, 2012, 03:38:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VegaLA

Hi All.

Used to love messing with Dance Ejay, quick and dirty, it allowed me to play around with a variety of sounds but tried installing the software on my Win7 machine but is not having any of it, and I think the software company behind it has gone out of business.
I found a lot of samples available to buy, Loopmasters seems to be very popular but which software would you recommend coming from Dance EJay.

Please bare in mind I loved Dance Ejay because i'm a talentless individual who just loves to fartarse about with it and Ejay's drag and drop interface made it real simple fom me to put together something in pretty much next to no time!

Thanks,
Vega....

lazarou

The closest thing that comes to mind is something like FL Studio, but that's a whole other level of involvement. You'd be able to put together some decent drum loops easily enough, but you'd need to write most of the synth tracks and stuff yourself. It's fairly user-friendly as far as those things go, but probably not what you're looking for.

boki

I think Magix Music Maker (which I used to use) is very similar, and has a little bit more to play around with should you want to get a bit more involved.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I use magix to put all my stuff together. Its dead easy. Download one of their sound libraries and youll have a lot to pissaround with.

Personally i cant see why any other types of DAW exist than drag and drop with a timeline.

VegaLA

Thank you Sirs.
I did install FL Studio and Sony Acid and yeah, seems like a lot going on just to get started but i'll keep them installed. Heading towards Magix Music maker now.

Thanks again!