Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:40:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Horrible imitations of famous brands

Started by Custard, April 03, 2012, 09:38:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Replies From View

Quote from: Gradual Decline on April 04, 2012, 05:44:22 PM

Beat that price, Lidl.

Ha, until I looked more closely I perceived that as a Barbie/Sindy doll imitation.

Hopefully there's a rival company that looks like this:

Sherringford Hovis

Quote from: ThickAndCreamy
Aldi's Taurus...has an industrial and bland taste to it that makes it even inferior to Strongbow

O_o

With a tongue that crippled, you probably qualify automatically for Disability Living Allowance.

Quote from: Pepotamo1895
The Lidl round the corner from me currently does a perfectly agreeable 568ml bottle of cider for 85p. It tastes pretty much exactly like Bulmers except slightly less sweet, and is roughly 1,000 times nicer than Strongbow.

Indeed. Drinking my dogs' eye-bogies is roughly 1,000 times nicer than Strongbow.

Sainsbury's and Tesco's own-brand £3.60-ish big wobbly 3L bottles of Strong Dry cider are also Shepton-made, but tend to be over-gassed as the pressure is needed to maintain the container's integrity during transit. The 'Trampagne' effect of sharing sprayed libations with one's compadres has the same cultural importance in the before-12 boozing culture as it does on sporting podiums. Gaymer's also churn out White Lightning, Diamond White and various similar 'itinerant-gentleman's Ready-Brek', but though I find them easy on the palette, even inveterate inebriates seem to be whistling along to the overture of a hangover before one has an outside chance of reaching the bottom of the bottle.

It amuses me that many cheapo cider brands print "open by hand" on the lid. What else am I gonna use? My claw? My trunk? My prehensile tail? Vestigial nubs of the mandibles that are growing out of my cheeks as my DNA regresses to that of a wasp as a direct result of consuming my own body-weight in fermented fruit by-products every couple of months?

I can't see Robert Cop being a name that would strike fear into the hearts of criminals, but then what do I know about law enforcement in the not-too-distant future.

babyshambler

NoSleep

Pronounce "Robert" as you would in "robust" & "overt" and I think you have something.

DJ One Record

In which the essence of Dr Pepper is judged not by its content but by its qualifications. That's Cameron's Britain for you.

Dark Sky

Found this collection of a few, some of which already featured in the thread...

http://aboutcolonblank.com/?p=8892

...but could someone tell me what's so wrong with the "Duracell" one? (Other than it doesn't have any batteries in it)

Replies From View

Replies From View

Quote from: Dark Sky on April 06, 2012, 01:59:08 PM
...but could someone tell me what's so wrong with the "Duracell" one? (Other than it doesn't have any batteries in it)

I can't tell - to me they just look like normal Duracells.  Maybe they linked to the wrong image.

I've seen some of these in real life though:

Consignia

Replies From View

Here are a few more pictures of "Transformable Tomas" and a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLKfD1aTQnY

Replies From View

A closer look at Blandness Girl:

And the presumably related Benign Girl:

Consignia

There's clearly some issues with Thomas-bot, as Thomas should be the centre piece, with James and Percy just side parts. And perhaps Toby should join in to make super Thomas-bot or something. They could be hammered out in the development phase, though.

Buelligan

Quote from: thecuriousorange on April 05, 2012, 04:51:15 PM

I can't see Robert Cop being a name that would strike fear into the hearts of criminals, but then what do I know about law enforcement in the not-too-distant future.

We had to knit our own Bobbies in my day..

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on April 04, 2012, 08:59:49 AM
Now this would be a useful thread - there's a bargain bread which is exactly the same as one of the Hovises, but I forget which one. And LIDL's single-malt was reviewed very favourably in the thread we had on whisky in here last year.

I've just re-read an old whisky thread on here too and there was much speculation that Tesco's (£20) Islay Malt is actually (£35) Caol Ila.

Also, they sell these in my local pound shop.

Replies From View

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on April 06, 2012, 03:23:45 PM
I've just re-read an old whisky thread on here too and there was much speculation that Tesco's (£20) Islay Malt is actually (£35) Caol Ila.

Also, they sell these in my local pound shop.

If only Ted and Dougal had sung "Demondonkey" instead:

Big Jack McBastard

Quote from: Replies From View on April 06, 2012, 02:04:03 PM

I've posted one or two of these before but this is my new favourite, not only is he backwards so you can't see how shit the front might be, the tagline: 'Come on enjoy the pleasure together!' is wonderful. Is he a Spidey vibrator in disguise?

Quote from: Pedro_Bear on March 30, 2012, 12:05:11 AM

Quote from: Consignia on April 06, 2012, 02:35:14 PM
That's brilliant and should be a series in it's own right.

Well we've got a Thomas series coming soon, you never know what might happen.

Replies From View

Quote from: Big Jack McBastard on April 06, 2012, 03:31:27 PM
'Come on enjoy the pleasure together!' is wonderful. Is he a Spidey vibrator in disguise?

Well then, on a similar trajectory:

This made me laugh as well; I don't know what it's called but surely it's the best superhero hybrid ever:

And on the theme of hybrids with botched faces, here's Chewbacca and Little Red Riding Hood:

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Replies From View on April 06, 2012, 03:44:21 PM

This made me laugh as well; I don't know what it's called but surely it's the best superhero hybrid ever:

BlodwynPig

Big Jack McBastard

Temperance Bot is displeased with your hard-on

Replies From View

Looks like Sue Perkins in the bottom left corner saying "NO!"

"Please scream out the English words written on this box upon seeing the Wicker Man at the top of the hill.  Thanks x"

Serge

Quote from: Replies From View on April 06, 2012, 02:04:03 PM

Looks nothing like James Spader.

I love the fact that the backwards Spiderman comes with guns. That would have made an interesting twist when he just shoots Doctor Octopus in the face.

Replies From View

Is it supposed to be holes in his mask, revealing Parker underneath?  It reveals nothing underneath, just blank skin!

BlodwynPig

Blue Jam

Quote from: mook on April 04, 2012, 09:09:04 AM
lidl's olive oil scores high too, certainly higher than berio and that other crap beginning with b that is sold in most supermarkets

Belissimo [sic] ?

biggytitbo

Quote from: Pepotamo1985 on April 04, 2012, 03:37:24 PM
The Lidl round the corner from me currently does a perfectly agreeable 568ml bottle of cider for 85p. It tastes pretty much exactly like Bulmers, except slightly less sweet, and is roughly 1,000 times nicer than Strongbow.

This said, I'd probably rather eat my own hand than ever drink Strongbow ever again, so that helps.
The king of all ciders

Blue Jam

Replies From View

biggytitbo

My fave was KFC - Kirkstall Fried Chicken, in Leeds. Sadly no longer in existence.