Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:46:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Daniel Kitson - Resonance FM Shows (2013 Run)

Started by sen, January 12, 2013, 05:37:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sen

Just letting you all know about this: https://twitter.com/ResonanceFM/status/290147174774353920

"may want to know that Daniel Kitson starts a new regular late night show on ResonanceFM, midnight Mondays: coming v. soon. "

CaledonianGonzo

Cheers for the heads up.  Anyone up for trying to capture these bad boys for the delectation of those of us who have to abed at that point in the week?

lankyguy95

Great, I'll have a listen to that. What's it usually like?

CaledonianGonzo

There are lots of shows floating about from his previous Resonance hosting stint (5 or 6 years ago, IIRC) - you should be able to track them down through torrent sites and the like.

jimjams

Resonance FM show starts tonight for anyone interested. Says it won't be repeated. Don't know about podcasted tho. Resonance put a lot of stuff up on Soundcloud these days but not clear whether this will be. Hope someone can grab it!

dr_christian_troy

If it's live, it'll be a treat to come from the gig in Forest Hill to then hear him post-gig on the radio! Well, it's a treat either way of course.

hummingofevil

Sash fuck it. Going to stay up for this and watch Raw in background.

I've got to go to bed but going to attempt to get audacity to record it.

kitsofan34

Quote from: hummingofevil on January 14, 2013, 11:25:47 PM
Sash fuck it. Going to stay up for this and watch Raw in background.

Providing a strange cacophony of twee as fuck music and The Rock making very childish jokes.

olliebean

I'm off to bed but have Streamripper set up to capture it.

benthalo

I'm recording FM to the PC in case the stream goes tits up. It's making me all nostalgic for real time radio recording.

Let's hope K's bought some new records in the past six years.

sen

Well, I'm recording it too, it seems that everyone here is similarly prepared.

dr_christian_troy

...and he's mentioned he's hosting in the same slot for 8 weeks!

benjula

This is exciting, loved the shows of previous years, for those who recorded it, please upload, i'd be very grateful!

one_sharper

I'd also be really grateful if someone could upload this, please.

cakeinmilk

Me also... my own recording of the stream went sadly awry.

lankyguy95

Hope someone managed to record it. I heard about forty minutes of it and then fell asleep.

gabrielconroy

I listened to it all last night and really enjoyed it. I forgot how much I like fey indie music. DK was entertaining as ever on the decks - I especially enjoyed the information that the technical term in radio for something going wrong is when "it's coming up naughty".

Hesham

As above, if anyone would be kind enough to share that'd be much appreciated. My attempted capture failed too

Barry Admin

Please don't clog the thread up with requests for downloads.  There's six on this page alone.

benthalo

Mine will have old school FM hiss across it but is definitely complete. Happy to upload tonight (quite late, possibly) if no one else comes forward with a stream capture.

olliebean

benthalo

Paul Twist

Is he allowed to say "fuck"? That took me by surprise.

gabrielconroy

That's something he realises a way in that he forgot to ask, before concluding that it probably doesn't make any difference if he swears again now that he already has a few times.

benthalo

They're still subject to fines regardless of the time, I think. Depends on whether warnings have been given on-air beforehand and if someone complains. The station manager went beserk when I accidentally let one slip in a record I was playing from a guest, but that was early evening and a good few years ago.