Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:23:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Strokes - Lost Treasures

Started by The Βoston Crab, July 04, 2013, 09:05:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Βoston Crab

Has anyone heard this? It's a collection of alternate studio versions of Is This It songs?

I got it off what.cd, I think. Don't know if it's available to buy outside of Oz but it's fucking great. The two versions of Soma are worth the...theft...alone. One is all propulsive bass and screechy guitar tone, it's fucking brilliant, like a real punky fuzzy take which almost trumps the album version. The other drops the tempo just enough to give you a big fat boner and lets the hi-hats and vocals swing, so woozy, it's irresistible.

There are two versions of most songs, one a bit tougher, punchier kicks/bass, splashier cymbals, sounds like the early early live versions.

If you don't like Is This It, you won't like it. If you do, you gotta hear it.

SteveDave

Has it got the 1st version of The Modern Age on it? The LP version is that much slower that it's ruined from the 7" version I've got.

It's got a couple of versions, both closer to the rawness of that first single release but with different guitar tone and drums. Both sound great.

Johnny Textface

Is this available anywhere else?  Can't get into what.cd as invite only.

I did have a look around but can't find it anywhere at the moment. There's one Lost Treasures version of NYC Cops on YouTube which will give you some idea at least. I'll try to upload them for you over the weekend if you have no joy.

misterfridge

ThisIsHardcore

They should have just released this instead of Comedown Machine.

New York City Cops is on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jREl_PiQh-w

Johnny Textface

Comedown Machine is really good.  Easily their second best long player.