Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 08:14:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Strange movie collaborations.

Started by Glebe, November 19, 2013, 11:56:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glebe

A sister thread to the 'Strange movie appearances' one... odd team-ups for movie projects, which may or may not have come to fruition. A few that spring to mind:

Salvador Dali and The Marx Brothers: Dali apparently discussed the project with Harpo and even produced a screenplay. (On a side note, there's a wonderful anecdote in Harpo bio Harpo Speaks! in which Harpo describes meeting George Bernard Shaw whilst sunbathing naked in France. Nothing to do with movie collaborations, just thought I'd, er, mention it.)

Spielberg and The Goodies/Tank Girl: Incredibly The Berg apparently wanted to do a big-screen outing for The Goodies but it fell through. Apparently they inspired the name of The Goonies. Also, Spielberg considered doing the Tank Girl movie, apparently an executive at Amblin thought the project was 'too hip' for them (resulting in the production of a Tank Girl T-shirt emblazoned with the slogan 'Too Hip For Spielberg).

zomgmouse

Paaaaul

Didn't Spielberg want to do a tv series with Supergrass too?