Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 11:02:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

What Colour Is This Dress?

Started by small_world, February 27, 2015, 01:04:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

small_world

QDRPHNC

White and mustard?

Or gold? Can't tell if it's shiny from the pic.

Brundle-Fly

Cerys

I'm posting from my Kindle, which is monochromatic and has the images disabled, so I'm going to say it's green.  I like green.

small_world

Mr Banlon

QDRPHNC

small_world

Yes.
The dress is blue and black.

What trickery is this?

Onken

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

They're all white after I've finished with them.

For I run a bleachery.

wosl

When you invert the picture, the colour areas on the dress swap hue and value almost exactly.  Neat.

small_world

So, it would be better to ask, what colour is the background?

That makes no sense though, who looks at a screen st that angle?
Or is that not the point and the inversion colour swap is simply due to the same thing that makes it an optical illusion in the first place?

Kishi the Bad Lampshade

I saw this picture before and found it to be blue and chocolate brown. But when you posted it here, I could only see the top of the picture before scrolling down, and when I could only see the first few inches it looked white and gold.

TIAL

I've been looking at this for half an hour and all I ever see is blue and black.

Is my phone not turned up bright enough or something?

small_world

Big Jack McBastard

Quote from: small_world on February 27, 2015, 01:04:45 AM
Srsly guise...

White and gold (or brassy brown).

What, what are we supposed to say? The light behind it makes it look darker from this side, shadow on it and all.

Big Jack McBastard

That's the one listed as Royal Blue on top, if you're seeing that blend in like a chameleon you've got some fucked up peepers or a really shitty monitor/bad settings.

Birdie

Big Jack McBastard

El Unicornio, mang

I've had a couple of times when friends have said an item of clothing I or they are wearing is black, when it's clearly blue. I even put it next to something black and they just say "It's a different shade of black". Some people just see colours weirdly.

I saw a pic of that dress on facebook and it looked blue and gold. But on here it looks white and gold, presumably because of CaB being blue.

Paul Calf

I think it's white and gold. The slight blueness seems to be due to a slightly skewed white balance. Perhaps the camera's  auto white balance was thrown off by overcompensation for the overexposed yellow light in the background.

MuteBanana

biggytitbo

Whatever colour it is it would look better on my bedroom floor. Or in a bin, it's horrible.

zomgmouse

Beagle 2

White (or slightly off white) and gold. I don't understand, is this going to look different on my computer or something?

poo

Fucking who gives a fucking fuck.

brat-sampson

It depends if you mentally compensate the bluey-part to be actually white as the whole thing's in shadow, or if you mentally correct the goldy-part as black due to bright reflection and over-saturation.

small_world

Quote from: wosl on February 27, 2015, 01:39:36 AM
When you invert the picture, the colour areas on the dress swap hue and value almost exactly.  Neat.

This is what I imagine the different sets of people are seeing.
I posted the top image, where the dress is blue, with black stripes.
The bottom image, which to me, looks inverted, is white and gold.
The top image looks real, where the bottom one does seem to have some sort of effect on it. In this case, it looks like a negative.

I don't get how people can say "I don't care" about this. It's not like a pop star falling over, or a new royal cunt fart.
This shakes the fabric of everything we know. Literally!
We might have racism all wrong.

The dress. The one I posted. Is blue and black.
Fucks wrong with you people?

small_world

Ah, also, in the background. On the top image of the blue dress, in the background, it looks like a shop changing room.
The main colour is a light sand, like laminate flooring, or similar. There's a security tag on the side of the dress.

On the 'negative', everything looks like a negative and there isn't much of a difference in any of the colours of the background. There are some magentas and aquamarines that you wouldn't normally see except in a negative.

On the photo a few posts back, it's a blue and black dress on top of the same dress, which is also blue and black.
It doesn't 'blend in' chameleon like, but it's certainly not a blue and black dress lying on anything white and gold.