Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:30:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Dogs (The Remake of the Thread) (2015)

Started by cunky-coo, June 25, 2015, 04:38:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cunky-coo

It appears my magnum opus was too hot to handle.

cunky-coo

Bollocks to whoever deleted the thread, you coward. May it exist in your imagination forevermore.

See you at The Princes Charles Threatre, August 23rd, Leicester Place, 11.11pm. End of.

FLOUNCE! I'm off!

DukeDeMondo

Aw for fuck sake! I told you this would happen! I fuckin loved that thread, I knew as soon as you went careering into General Bullshit with it it was doomed. For fuck sake.

Hollow

You probably shouldn't have photo'd that massive cock...

You know, he was on that book next to that flaccid miserable looking penis?...:)

Don_Preston

Hollow

This should probably be in that section no-one hardly goes in...cause this one is for films.

Filming people and then just leaving it on your hard drive is not a film.

Operty1

Does the film just consist of the drunk fella giving opinions on things, and you getting your knob out? So far other than that, there doesn't seem to be much else. Also, is it filmed on proper cameras? If not, the level of motion blur when this is projected will be as sickening as your ball sack.

Come on, there's 50p in this for you!

DukeDeMondo

Fuckin grievin, man. That thread had become my favourite thing on the internet. This is a rotten development.

Steven

Dan the man, we share a lot of interests, Lee Mavers, Beefheart, Sadowitz, Bruce Robinson, and getting fucked on drink, I'm beginning to think you're my Tyler Durden, but putting all your effort into the pre-publicity and promotion for a film you haven't actually made yet seems a bit arse about tit and is only going to acquire further hyperbole and ridicule, get the editing done then put all your focus on publicity.

It's called The Dogs right, so your strapline for the premiere could be 'We're all going to The Dogs!' There, job done, get snipping.

DukeDeMondo

I'm currently hoakin through Google tryin to save the cached versions of the original thread as PDFs, but I can only get pages 6, 2 and 3. Is there any way of navigating through the cached version to get the missing pages?

Seriously, I loved that fuckin thread.

Steven

Quote from: DukeDeMondo on June 25, 2015, 11:18:36 PM
I'm currently hoakin through Google tryin to save the cached versions of the original thread as PDFs, but I can only get pages 6, 2 and 3. Is there any way of navigating through the cached version to get the missing pages?

Page 1 is here.

DukeDeMondo

Brilliant! Thank you! I'm now only missin pages 4 and 5 - in which our man documents his dramas with Gregory from the PCC, and the BBFC - and page 7, which I think was the last one. My page 6 is only halfway complete as well, it seems.

This is insane, really, but fuckin hell. What a carry on. I wish I'd figured out how to do this last night.  I knew the thread would be nuked before long.

Steven

7 here, but yeah page 6 isn't complete, maybe try fucking around on TheWayBackMachine? This will all be going in your biography of the problematic auteur genius I hope.

Don_Preston

In many ways, D.F Python, you've achieved a landmark in not just just film, but art itself.

The 400 minutes of camera-phone camp is moot, piffle, a mere pastiche of conventional film. The actual storyline is this. We are the incidental players. Moderators like Neil and Gregory, not gangland peemps, are your film's antagonists. A film with no film. Twists, turns, pathos and rent boys.

Guy Debord would be proud. And waving his cock in your face for good measure.

Steven

Bit like them making a film of that bloke who went around pretending to be Stanley Kubrick, all the world's a stage to get your cock and balls out but the act of creation can be a story in of itself.

At least the thread led me to reevaluate the line "Is something brilliant happening?" which I mis-remembered as from Peep Show and not Nathan Barley, it sounds like such a Jez line!

BritishHobo

Quote from: DukeDeMondo on June 25, 2015, 08:03:16 PM
Fuckin grievin, man. That thread had become my favourite thing on the internet. This is a rotten development.

Really? People kept saying that in the original thread, but it's just a guy relentlessly being deliberately oblique (sometimes for four or five posts in a row, repeatedly bumping the thread when people stopped paying him enough attention) to make something not that interesting sound super weird and mysterious.

BritishHobo

Someone in the last thread (plus KatieJane, apparently) expressed their worries that Daniel was having a breakdown (and the repeated references to molestation and suicide are presumably meant to make us think the same), so we're either watching somebody genuinely have a breakdown or we're watching just some guy clamour desperately for attention by bumping a thread over and over again with faux-mysterious posts about his project - and neither of those are massively entertaining, gotta be honest.

DukeDeMondo

I think he's genuinely funny. I expressed my concerns about him and about the ethics of these Dogs (2015) in the deleted thread. I'm gon meet him on Tuesday for a drink or nine, if he is indeed ill then that changes things, I'll find out then.

Buttress

This sounds like its all just going to The Dogs.

Genuine breakdown or nay, I imagine that comes par the course for benefits-budget film-making. Does give it an eerie air which can only help in producing an interesting (with a hearty bit of bleak) first feature.

BritishHobo

Quote from: DukeDeMondo on June 26, 2015, 03:38:26 AM
I think he's genuinely funny. I expressed my concerns about him and about the ethics of these Dogs (2015) in the deleted thread. I'm gon meet him on Tuesday for a drink or nine, if he is indeed ill then that changes things, I'll find out then.

If he's not then all the talk about being molested and nearly committing suicide and people trying to kill him is just boring wank, really.

Dr Rock

Quote from: BritishHobo on June 26, 2015, 03:19:26 AM
Someone in the last thread (plus KatieJane, apparently) expressed their worries that Daniel was having a breakdown (and the repeated references to molestation and suicide are presumably meant to make us think the same), so we're either watching somebody genuinely have a breakdown or we're watching just some guy clamour desperately for attention by bumping a thread over and over again with faux-mysterious posts about his project - and neither of those are massively entertaining, gotta be honest.

That's why its art mate.

Operty1

If your looking for music for the soundtrack, I think these guys would fit the theme:

http://youtu.be/HyGp98Xoq9g

If you remember danyulx, you'll know he's gone through some stuff. I'm a bit concerned about this hyper and seemingly vulnerable man presented to us here but he also seems driven, which danyulx never did. I hope both pseudonyms are exaggerated and for dramatic effect. Otherwise, I think he needs some professional support.

BritishHobo

Yeah, I hope I didn't sound dismissive in my post, it's somewhat alarming. Posting e-mails from a friend saying 'I'm worried about you' is... well, worrying.

The Masked Unit

Quote from: The Boston Crab on June 27, 2015, 08:47:43 AM
If you remember danyulx, you'll know he's gone through some stuff. I'm a bit concerned about this hyper and seemingly vulnerable man presented to us here but he also seems driven, which danyulx never did. I hope both pseudonyms are exaggerated and for dramatic effect. Otherwise, I think he needs some professional support.

Yeah, if you wanted to construct two characters representing deep depression and mania, you couldn't do a better job really.

cunky-coo

Stop pissing your pants and worrying about me, if you are. Show me a great piece of art which wasn't constructed by someone who wasn't doo-lallyy.

Yes, the the film is real, and I'm probably having a mental breakdown, to boot, Every word I've ever uttered is true and the only interview that will ever be conducted to promote the film be by DukedeMondo on Tuesday, on the film set, where the film was filmed. Or recorded. Or whatever terminology you fancy.

Looks like the Princes Charles Theatre Premier is back on too.

Email if you're brave enough to get involved: d.f.phythian@gmail.com

RE-FLOUNCE!

cunky-coo

Quote from: The Masked Unit on June 27, 2015, 09:14:56 PM
Yeah, if you wanted to construct two characters representing deep depression and mania, you couldn't do a better job really.

P.s.

Nice of you you say. At least I was honest. Character my arse! x

27.42 in: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9LzD1nbqdE&list=PLaIH4Qr_kSkPRkjSQJuS5AGTVoKjbh2LY