Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,584,349
  • Total Topics: 106,754
  • Online Today: 1,132
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 04:38:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

K9: Timequake

Started by Norton Canes, October 26, 2015, 09:19:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norton Canes

Wow. From Gallifrey Base:

"Move over R2D2 and C3PO...

K9, the World's most famous robot dog traverses the dimensions of space and time to become the latest robot star of the big screen!

Having made his TV debut nearly forty years ago in the 1977 Doctor Who TV serial "The Invisible Enemy" K9 went on to become one of the most iconic characters from the BBC series.

A new look high tech K9 for today's cinema is being prepared for film stardom.

The film "K9-TIMEQUAKE" has been written by one of K9's original creators; Bob Baker, a renowned writer of classic Doctor Who serials. Bob went on to co-write with Nick Park the Oscar and Bafta winning Wallace & Gromit series of film shorts as well as the feature film Curse of the Were-Rabbit.

The new K9 will be appearing in a Multi-Million Dollar movie which promises to be a great action adventure set in deep Space. The film will be full of dashing heroes and heroines, Androids, monstrous Aliens and an ultimate foe who will also be familiar to Doctor Who fans everywhere; the megalomaniac
Spoiler alert
          OMEGA
[close]

The film is to be a UK co-production with exteriors filmed overseas and studio work planned for the UK.

K9 is the perfect character to star in a movie with a whole new bunch of action heroes making this a home grown Star Wars come Guardians of the Galaxy style cinema must see film.

The film is currently slated for release in 2017 which will be K9's fortieth birthday!"

What chance a Capaldi cameo? Is it canon?

kittens

Norton Canes

Also featuring: Gel-guards! Axons! Eldrad! Mandrels! Solonian mutants! A giant prawn! A boring computer! Guys with silly three-eyed helmets! Er... what else do we have copyright on?

Thomas

Logo suggests a Crash Bandicoot crossover. Therefore canon.

Replies From View

So will this be the real K-9 or the "regenerated" one from the Australian series?

olliebean

A "new look high tech K9," so presumably neither.

This is the picture that accompanies the article:

which looks like it owes more to the Aussie one than the original design.

Bob Baker owns the rights to K9, which is how this is happening. No idea how they've got the rights to Omega, though.

Bad Ambassador

They own the rights to Omega as well.

Fabian Thomsett

Obviously they have to get Ian Levine to do the music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hu7OiJpnlUs

purlieu

I have absolutely no hope whatsoever that this will be worthwhile.

biggytitbo

I love K9 as much as anyone but he is far too shit to sustain any kind of viable big screen property. Plus it's the modern stupid K9 aswell.

Phil_A

Quote from: Bad Ambassador on October 26, 2015, 12:10:22 PM
They own the rights to Omega as well.

I'm guessing they don't have the rights to anything Time Lord-related, so presumably he's just some bloke in a silly hat who just happens to have the same name as an obscure Dr Who villain.

That press release is utter piss, it reads like a child wrote it.

"Move over R2D2 and C3P0"? Is that what they're going with? Christ.

Also the frankly laughable bit where they suggest their finished product will be on some level comparable to Star Wars & Guardians Of The Galaxy. Really.