Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,455
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:48:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Toast of London Season 3

Started by NoSleep, November 06, 2015, 09:03:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoSleep

NoSleep

RenegadeScrew

My Toast's dad nominations:

- Ricky Tomlinson
- Des Lynham
- Gareth Hale
- Other moustachioed men

DrGreggles

NoSleep

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

Depends what they want the dad revelation to mean - the two typical choices to reveal why your character has been shaped in such a way are:

An even more extreme, exaggerated version of your character.

Or:

An opposing personality that your character rebelled against/deliberately distanced themselves from.

Brundle-Fly

NoSleep

momatt

Good grief, completely missed series 2.  Did they keep it a very closely guarded secret?

Utter Shit

I only caught the first five minutes, gonna catch up today. What I did see stacked up with my impression of previous episodes - don't particularly like it, but the names of the characters are brilliant. Rob Continental for fuck's sake.

Attila

I know that Clem Fandango and his pal are becoming more and more catroonish characters, but I love all of the silly stuff the costumers find in charity shops and that for their attire. Whatsis's egg and bacon tam was lovely.

I was glad to see the show back, but so far haven't been struck with any real laughter at unexpected weirdness; a lot of the stuff in this episode seemed to be box ticking/crowd pleasing (Jane being mad and paranoid, Mrs Purchase and Toast's orgasm face, Alan Ford! Though I love him to bits).

I did like the play director, though; that's pretty much  the attitude with which I lead my seminars.

Jury's still out awaiting the arrival of Toast's dad.

DrGreggles

I loved it.

In fact, I just bloody love this show.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: DrGreggles on November 19, 2015, 02:14:23 PM
I loved it.

In fact, I just bloody love this show.

Me too, I was a bit of a late comer to the show but watched all of the second series a couple of months ago and grew to love it. Thought last night's episode had plenty of stand out moments, but the Kubrick stuff and Toast receiving great acclaim for acting with a pillar were the highlights.

Head Gardener

I was only slightly miffed about the way it was filmed last night, is it just me or is it
filmed in a slightly slicker manner than the previous series? Other than that it was pretty good
and to make me a bit happier my tickets for Matt Berry's London show arrived today

Attila

Don't get me wrong; I adore Matt Berry, and stuff like Toast and Snuff Box are among the few shows I'll give a repeated viewing to considering how fucked my free time is anymore.

I suspect this episode will play better when it's not 5am and I've had crap sleep thanks to frigging middle-of-the-night panic attacks.

Black Ship

Quote from: Head Gardener on November 19, 2015, 05:59:06 PM
I was only slightly miffed about the way it was filmed last night, is it just me or is it
filmed in a slightly slicker manner than the previous series? Other than that it was pretty good
and to make me a bit happier my tickets for Matt Berry's London show arrived today

I've seen him live twice. The songs are quite good but don't expect him to do much in the way of banter.

RenegadeScrew

"Easy riderrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr"

Fucking brilliant.

doppelkorn

I love Matt Berry, and the fact he plays "the Matt Berry character" in everything he's in.

I could listen to him answer his mobile for days.

"Toast!?"

daf

Quote from: doppelkorn on November 20, 2015, 11:55:22 AM
I love Matt Berry, and the fact he plays "the Matt Berry character" in everything he's in.

He's our generation's John Le Mesurier - a reassuringly fixed point in an ever-changing world.

great_badir

Quote from: Black Ship on November 20, 2015, 03:28:02 AM
I've seen him live twice. The songs are quite good but don't expect him to do much in the way of banter.

Yep - a very separate career that he takes seriously.

Attila

Have rewatched. Much lovelier when I'm not stressing all over the place.

Jane suddenly wielding a shotgun had me giggling like a fool.

cliff1000uk

Quote from: Black Ship on November 20, 2015, 03:28:02 AM

The first time I saw him (Bristol Fleece), there was a fair amount of banter and afterwards he was just himself-quiet and well spoken. The second time (Bristol Thekla), the crowd was full of drunk students calling out catchphrases throughout. He signed stuff afterwards and was 'in character' the whole time.
The songs are very good and he also throws in some covers, like a synth heavy Live and Let Die at The Fleece.

Definitely worth checking out, though

kidsick5000

Danger Man

Nice to see Alan Ford is still going strong.

alan nagsworth

Quote from: cliff1000uk on November 20, 2015, 04:46:24 PM
the crowd was full of drunk students calling out catchphrases throughout

This sort of shit makes me hate humanity more than most other things. It's worse than terrorism. LETS GO AND SHOUT WORDS AT HIM ALL NIGHT HE'LL FUCKING LOVE THAT, MAYBE HE'LL SAY THE WORDS BACK AT US IN THAT VOICE HAHAHA. WHISKEEEEYYYY LMAO

dr beat

A pretty solid start for what can be a hit-or-miss kind of show.  But

Quotea lot of the stuff in this episode seemed to be box ticking/crowd pleasing (Jane being mad and paranoid, Mrs Purchase and Toast's orgasm face, Alan Ford! Though I love him to bits).

Agree with this, will be interesting to see how the numerous guest appearances fit in - as well as Hamm and Blessed, Vic Reeves is due to appear.

I was wondering if
Spoiler alert
all the stuff about revealing the moon landing conspiracy
[close]
was a nod to
Spoiler alert
George Lazenby claiming to know about the JFK conspiracy on the Simon Dee show in the 60s?
[close]

Entropy Balsmalch

Is Ray Purchase supposed to be a play on Rape Urges?

Probably not.

jobotic

Penvelope.

Might have been better if they hadn't explained it but....Penvelope.

DrGreggles

Clancy Moped!
The names on this show are the fucking best.

Oh, and bonus Reeves and Whitehouse too.