Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:44:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Doctor Who World

Started by MuteBanana, March 26, 2016, 12:30:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MuteBanana

So why doesn't anyone take inspiration from the Marvel franchise stuff and make a Doctor Who film?

You could have Doctor Who films. Sarah Jane films. Jack Harkness films. Maybe The Master films. Loads of spin offs and then like Marvel do the big collective film with all the characters coming together.

The show is a worldwide smash hit. Surely the films can be just as successful.

Britain could rival the Marvel success with Doctor Who.

MuteBanana

Paddy Considine - The Doctor
Keeley Hawes - Sarah Jane
Rob Kazinsky - Jack Harkness
Toby Jones - The Master

See.

Replies From View

Fairly sure that there won't be a movie that either 1) conflicts with the television show itself (ie has its own disconnected canon like the Peter Cushing ones) or 2) fits the television show continuity but can only be seen in the cinema.

In 2013 and 2014 there were cinema screenings of the 50th anniversary story and the first episode of series 8, which were simultaneously shown on television.  It's a situation I'm happy with myself.

MuteBanana

Fuck Cushing.

What? Who cares.

Replies From View

Quote from: MuteBanana on March 26, 2016, 02:51:47 PM
Who cares.

The correct way to say this is "Who..." (pausing slightly for effect) "...cares!"  And then attempt to look mysterious or smug.

Hollow

Sacrilegious.

No one else is playing Sarah Jane, the Doctor and Master could get away with a recast, maybe even Jack.

Not Sarah Jane, Liz Sladen is barely cold in the ground.

Hollow

Quote from: Replies From View on March 26, 2016, 02:55:29 PM
The correct way to say this is "Who..." (pausing slightly for effect) "...cares!"  And then attempt to look mysterious or smug.

I like you replies, i like how we only get one serious answer per thread out of you.

MuteBanana

Quote from: Hollow on March 26, 2016, 03:11:13 PM
Sacrilegious.

No one else is playing Sarah Jane, the Doctor and Master could get away with a recast, maybe even Jack.

Not Sarah Jane, Liz Sladen is barely cold in the ground.

The Doctor and the Master are constantly recast. I understand the affection for Elizabeth Sladen but the character has potential.

chocolate teapot

I reckon the uproar from 'whovians' would be so immense it would be a labour of hate for whomever's making it, it'd be denounced as non canon, people would question why are there two separate whoniverses (did I just make that up myself?) why is there one for film why is there one for tv?

No one would enjoy it. To make it big and blockbuster-like goes against the grain of what Doctor Who signifies. I don't know if I believe that myself or that is how Doctor Who is generally viewed.

biggytitbo

Doctor Who works better as a TV show.

But...there's probably massive pressure behind the scenes for one, considering the potential money, spinoffs and sequels that could be involved if its success.

Replies From View

But it's like with everything - it's one thing to enjoy a land of something, quite another to face an entire world of it.