Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,780
  • Total Topics: 106,776
  • Online Today: 949
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 02:51:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Dimebag Darrell Killed

Started by Sam, December 09, 2004, 08:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam

This is Fucking tragic and insane. I used to be a HUGE Pantera fan and Dimebag was one of my favourite guitarists.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1494653/20041209/damageplan.jhtml?headlines=true

Des Nilsen

fucking hell!

that's knocked me for six. :(

RIP dimebag (what to say?! what to say?!)

Sam

I think his brother Vinnie Paul might be dead too. They haven't released the name of the other member that was killed.

:(

Frinky

Ha, I was reading this on SA a few hours back, I would have posted it but I honestly didn't think anyone would care.

It's certianly going to make gig security, and getting cameras in, much harder for gigs over there.

Beagle 2

'kinell that's a bit bonkers! They do usually frisk you going into more high profile gigs these days, you have to wonder what else they can possibly do, short of sticking metal detectors in every venue.

Lumiere

splattermac

that's just a shocker.

I will be watching this story to see if there is any reason why the gunman did what he did.

Did he hate the band, the guitarist, was he a religious nut etc...?

It's completely fucked up and I feel sorry for those poor buggers who will have to live with the post traumatic stress that is bound to follow for some.

Fucking guns eh!

Neville Chamberlain

Quote from: "splattermac"Did he hate the band, the guitarist, was he a religious nut etc...?

I read somewhere earlier today (I'll see if I can find where it was again) that the bloke whodunnit was heard to shout something like "You split Pantera up you bastard and now my life has no meaning!" before opening fire. I'm pretty sure it's Vinnie Paul who's the other victim.

Rats

Hehe, if I thought the meaning of life was pantera, I'd fucking shoot MYSELF. What a silly billy.

Darrell

I am rather disturbed by this thread title.

Deadman97

Quote from: "Darrell"I am rather disturbed by this thread title.

Rightly so, if you're a musician you shouldn't be performing live in the near fututre....

chand

Quote from: "Jim"
Quote from: "splattermac"Did he hate the band, the guitarist, was he a religious nut etc...?

I read somewhere earlier today (I'll see if I can find where it was again) that the bloke whodunnit was heard to shout something like "You split Pantera up you bastard and now my life has no meaning!" before opening fire. I'm pretty sure it's Vinnie Paul who's the other victim.

Makes a Pantera reunion tour even less likely, though, surely?

This is pretty fucked up. I wasn't a Pantera fan so I'm not gonna pretend I'm unusully affected by this but he was a mean guitarist.

sproggy

Quote from: "mtv.com"A patrol officer nearby, James Niggemeyer...

MTV reporters been using Niel's Brass Eye Name Generator?

Does beg the question how many innocent and gifted people need to be shot to pieces by mental retards before the US public feel obliged to relinquish their 'God given right' to carry guns.

John Lennon R.I.P.

Septic Cunts

Frinky

Vinnie Paul looks to be fine, I think it was the tour manager and/or guitar tech that got shot.

El Unicornio, mang

Btw, for those who don't know, a dimebag is a bag of weed worth some amount which I can't remember.

This story reminds me of when Noel Gallagher had some guy get on stage and punch him in the face. It happened in Newcastle, natch.

Spackler

Quote from: "BBC News"Sgt Mull said some witnesses reported hearing Gale accuse Abbott of being responsible for splitting up Pantera.
Fucking hell?!?
I'd totally lost touch with Pantera, it didn't ring a bell when I read "Damageplan"...shit.

MrManson

Yeah this is bad news indeed.

Vinnie Paul is ok, I read, but he may have been held hostage after his brother Dimebag had been shot. Fortunately the quick-witted cop shot him before he could kill any more.

Death toll is at 5 so I hear.

chand

The news makes this month's cover of Metal Hammer somewhat unfortunate. Can't find a decent pic, but apparently Anselmo is holding knives with Dimebag's reflection in. On that link you can see the quote for the interview is 'Dimebag deserves to be beaten severely'.

Crikey. I hope it's just an unfortunate coincidence.

bomb_dog

Think it is an unfortunate co-inicidence, as I don't think Metal Hammer gets distributed in America, and certainly not that quickly.

I understand there was some bad blood between the ex-pantera members - I remember listening to some of Damageplan on the radio in the summer when they played Donington, and they were being interviewed and really ripping into Anselmo, so this has been going on for a good few months. Last thing I read said the killer hadn't left a note so they were'nt sure why he did it.

MrManson

Yeah, they'd been fueding.

Some suggest they'd made up, and were seen drinking (what else!)  together at Download! and the fued was for the media. Not sure how much I believe that.

As it stands, Metal Hammer has fucked up with the cover. How unfortunate.

chand

Quote from: "bomb_dog"Think it is an unfortunate co-inicidence, as I don't think Metal Hammer gets distributed in America, and certainly not that quickly.

Yeah, it doesn't get distributed in the US, although the article in question was posted on some US metal websites and forums and whatnot, so there is talk that it may have influenced this idiot in some way. The comments obviously aren't Metal Hammer's fault but the cover is. Just all a bit tragically ironic though. Anselmo has paid tribute to Dimebag for his part anyway, I confess I don't know much about the fighting between the two but they were in a band for a long time so there's probably a lot of affection behind the posturing.

MrManson

Anselmo paid tribute?

Really? where?

I'm not disputing this, I'd like to see it really.

chand

Well, actually I didn't read the article much, it seems he's said to someone he's 'devastated' and that seems to be about the size of it: http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/article.asp?ID=8350&type=NWS