Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 11:32:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Masculine Arrogance Blows

Started by marquis_de_sad, August 19, 2017, 06:00:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sin Agog

He's openly blubbered at every gig I've seen of his.

As someone with shares in the mineral water industry, I wish more men were like him.

The version of Ice Cream Man from Modern Lovers Live contains the giddiest, happiest moment I've ever heard on record.  It's the sheer impish delight in his voice when he says "One more time" around the ninth or tenth false ending.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QK6j78mHpRc

holyzombiejesus

Ach, he's one of the greats, isn't he? Tracks from The Modern Lovers aside, what songs would you put in a 'best of'? Off the top of my head...

Our Swinging Pad
Her Mystery Not of High Heels and Eye Shadow
She Doesn't Laugh at My Jokes
Since She Started To Ride
Couples Must Fight
That Summer Feeling
Corner Store
When She Kisses Me
Monologue About Bermuda
Vampire Girl
Give Paris One More Chance
Important In Your Life

He's got so many great albums that people aren't ever going to hear. I wish he'd let someone like Domino do a decent reissue campaign.

axel

Love Egyptian Reggae, which i finally found out was one his tunes after it was featured in 'Baby Driver'.
Mark Lamarr used to finish his DJ set with it, and always went down well with the crowd (me included).

grassbath

I, Jonathan is a beautiful fucking album.

Shay Chaise

His contributions to the There's Something About Mary soundtrack are glorious. My introduction to him and I'm still very fond of them. So well judged, arch but romantic, perfect for that film.

Twed