Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:32:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Morris Music Shows Torrent - Now With On The Hour

Started by Neil, October 03, 2005, 04:13:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

I'll be putting this in an update, but for the meantime:

Chris Morris Music Shows

The Complete On Th Hour

That's the full lot seeded again.  Unfortunately a complete and utter moron has taken it upon himself to start passing off these files as his own work.  This is more than a tad annoying, considering the amount of time and effort that has went into making these shows available in the best possible quality.  It's taken literally years to build this collection, and people like Steve Bass2rez should be given due credit for the hard work that has gone into them.  

Most importantly, the afore-mentioned complete and utter moron has also decided to recompress the living shit out of our captures so that they now sound completely bloody awful!  Bearing this in mind we've decided once again to make this full set of R1 Music Shows available over Bit Torrent.  Please help seed these for as long as you can.  Hopefully this will help keep the twatty reencodes out of circulation.

Neil

Just bringing this back to the first page while the torrent is still going.  If you can't use Bit Torrent then keep an eye on usenet.

bithez

thanks neil, and please keep seeding everyone, it's taken me this long to get 20%!

Rolodex Propaganda

Neil

Now seeding the complete On The Hour.  If you downloaded this when I put it up on UkNova a few months ago then you should be aware that there are a couple of changes.  Darrell has very kindly supplied some new encodes, here's the info from him:

QuoteThe 'Christmas Special' file is the complete original 1991 edit of the show as it originally went out, constructed from the BBC7 copy of the 1992 version and cleaned-up clips from a cassette copy of the 1991 edit.  The 1992 supplement is all the bits that were added/newly-recorded for the 1992 repeat, taken from the BBC7 tx of the 1992 edit.

So you'll be wanting to grab the (new) version of the Xmas Special, and the 1992 round-up.  Although it would be a big help if you could help me seed the lot rather than just grabbing those two, so I can bang through this stuff and reclaim some much needed diskspace!

The Complete On The Hour

Neil

And Frinky has those Led Zep boots up now in SE too Sheepy!  :-) Back to bed and another ep of Sports Night, ah such a show.

bithez

my xmas special has a runtime of 28:57 - do i need the new version? are the differences substantial?

Neil

Bump

I'm just about to link this up in an update, so could you please help to seed these again folks?  I'm sure a lof of you have understandably closed the torrents by now, but there will hopefully be a bunch of new people jumping on.  As ever, I'm very low on diskspace and can't put the Music Shows back on my puter.  I'll try and reseed On The Hour, but could do with a hand as it's currently showing as having no seeds at all.  Anyway, all help greatfully received on both these torrents, thanks.

TJ

Question - do the OTH files in this torrent still have the missing series 2 bits reinserted from a murky source?

Neil

I've not dug the disc out yet - but from memory - yeah.  They're the Nik Horne ones, aren't they?

TJ

I re-encoded my off-airs ages ago, and they're much better quality. I did pass on copies to a few people who said they'd have a go at doing new edits, but obviously nothing ever happened on that score.

Neil

I should have a go myself, I'm almost an expert now after all that dicking about with the GLR shows. It's going to have to wait till I get this new hard drive though.  I need to crack on with these 93 shows too.

TJ

I'll stick 'em in my Soulseek folders later so you can grab them. [NB this is not a green light for everyone else to queue them - just be a little patient for once, ta]

Neil

Cheers TJ!  I'll chase up bent halo for his guides when I'm ready to get stuck in.

Mister Six

I'm attempting to download On the Hour, and once it's finished - sometime around February, I expect - I'll try to make it available whenever I'm online for any long period of time.

Neil

Bump.  Please can a few of you reopen the Music Shows torrent linked in the first post in the thread?  It's pretty important, and we'd really appreciate any help on this one.  You only need keep them open for a day or so, if you like, but the faster the current people on there complete their downloads the better.  Thanks.

EDIT:
Here's the torrent file  Just point it to the downloads.

butnut

I'm trying Neil, but I think I'm going to have to rename the files to make it work.

Drumlake Old Boys Club

I will be able to seed episodes 1 through 17 for now. Episodes 18 through 24 will have to wait until I can find the CD... I will set them to "do not download" for the moment.

I am very glad that this torrent is back! Will the Blue Jam torrents be similarly revived?

Neil

Thanks chaps, more seeders would be great!  Drumlake:  Yes, Timmay (bless him) is currently working on something very cool indeed.  Should be more news of that later in the week, but this is why we need to get this torrent moving again.

Frankie

Now I'm registered I should say thanks for the torrents, they really are fantastic. I've been seeding the music shows for a while now (although not with much bandwidth I must admit - I've given it more priority now) so I'll keep it going for as long as possible.

lardboy

I'm seeding as well, but Azureus is saying that the tracker is down.  It's still connecting via dht, but possibly not to everyone that's trying to download, as there only seem to be 3 seeds and 2 peers.

Drumlake Old Boys Club

Found the third CD, so now I'm a proper seeder too..

I've found that the Pirate Bay tracker is very unreliable, unfortunately. It seems to be down about half the time*. Not a massive problem, since these torrents take ages to download anyway, but a special tracker just for C&B would be better.

* Erm.. not that I often go there or anything! Good place to get episodes of Lost from, though.

Neil

no_offenc

I'll try and seed the music shows once I've got em.  Anytime the PC is on, I might as well make use of my upload bandwidth I reckon.

Timmay

Keep em coming people, I'm up to 96% on the Music Shows! Nearly there!

EDIT: And yes, tracker.prg.to is annoyingly unreliable!!

Drumlake Old Boys Club

Quote from: "Timmay"Keep em coming people, I'm up to 96% on the Music Shows! Nearly there!
I'm a bit confused! I got my copy of these files off a website (cabmirror) that I thought you ran?

Neil

His were changed in such a way that they wouldn't have been compatible with these copies of files.  So we're getting the same verified copies stored so that everyone can help seed if they've got this torrent, or the one I put on UkNova* etc

(before I got my uploading rights stripped by a foul-mouthed jumped-up little twot)

Drumlake Old Boys Club

Ah, I see.

Actually, you can seed the torrent from Timmay's copies, because in each file, 99% of the blocks are correct. The remaining 1% is quickly downloaded from anyone who has a 100% correct copy. I did this last night - I only had to download about 9Mb in order to get my files up to date. I am sorry that it didn't occur to me to mention this earlier... it would probably have saved quite a bit of re-downloading!