Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 08:58:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Kingdom of Loathing - An Adventurer is You!

Started by Baxter, November 05, 2005, 02:08:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baxter

Strange that it hasn't been mentioned as far as I can see, it's an online, very surreal, badly drawn RPG but don't be put off by any part of that description, it's a genuinely fun game to play. KoL set on an island (well two islands) called the kingdom of loathing you are an adventurer who can choose to be any of the following classes (male or female)

-Seal Clubber
-Turtle Tamer

-Pastamancer
-Sauceror

-Disco Bandit
-Accordion Thief

the aim is to basically wander around the Kingdom on various quests given to you by the council of loathing all the way down south to the Mexican styled 'south of the border' up past the farthest reaches of the slightly sexual sounding 'Orc Chasm' collecting meat (The in game currency) and items with varying degrees of magical and satirical significance.

Well i enjoy it god damn it.

P.S. you may want a link I suppose: http://www.kingdomofloathing.com/

Baxter

Has anyone tried this yet? i'm itching for a CaB group on here.

Deadman97

I signed up and played it for a while last night while drunk, and it bored me to tears. Sorry!

Baxter

Ah well i can't say i didn't try i suppose. thanks deadman

dredd

Hey, I started playing this last month and I'm hooked. I'm now a level 11 crocodile lord.  Thats right, look impressed.

If you are a fan of weak puns, terrible jokes and lame references, and have nostalgia for those "use the eggcup with the fire extinguisher to disorientate the platypus" -type adventure games, it might be worth a look.

Some info from Wikipedia:

The object of the game is to defeat the Naughty Sorceress and free King Ralph XI, who has been "imprismed" by her (imprisoned in a prism). Gameplay involves adventuring through the kingdom while encountering vampires, knob goblins, bats, snowmen, chefs, gravy fairies, and other such beasts, collecting various items, and accumulating meat, which is the in-game currency.

In addition to the items found while adventuring, players can use "meat paste" to combine items. They can also cook food, mix cocktails ("cocktailcrafting"), smith weapons ("meatsmithing"), and make jewelry ("jewelrycrafting").

The chat system is available after completing a basic test on English grammar. There are many channels, including one for people in the player's clan, a trade channel for buying and selling various goods, a games channel for various games and contests, a channel for players who have ascended, and even one for discussion in haiku.

Eight Taiwanese Teenagers

Well I just created an account but it won't let me login. No idea why.

Bogey

It doesn't work properly. I wanted to be an "accordian thief".

My Giddy Aunt

I just got it to login ok. Im struggling to get into it but will persevere while the lunch cooks.

dredd

Quote from: "Bogey"It doesn't work properly. I wanted to be an "accordian thief".

You need to create an account using a valid email address, in case you didn't already. (Incidentally, If you are worried about junk mail, just use a disposable hotmail account.)

Quote from: "Eight Taiwanese Teenagers"Well I just created an account but it won't let me login. No idea why.

You probably didn't activate your account. An activation code gets sent to the email address you specified. I can't remember if its a link you click on or a code you have to type in somewhere. Once you do that, you should be able to log in.

If you already did that, then it could be the browser you are using. I had trouble playing a couple of other browser games with firefox. Some of them only work if you use internet explorer.

If all this seems like too much hassle, then maybe you should question whether, deep down, you are really cut out for adventuring. I mean no disrespect, but this vocation requires a certain level of patience, attention to detail, and willingness to trouble-shoot. This is very important when you're staring down the barrel of a knob goblin barbecue team, and you're all out of moxie weed, I can tell you..

Phil_A

I couldn't log in at all this afternoon, so I suspect the server was overloaded or something. I tried again this evening and got in straight away.

I'm now Merton Stremmelheim, a level 2 Disco Bandit. I've just been beating up some rabbits with my disco ball.

lactating man nips

im hooked on this but now im all pissed up and cant do any more missions till tommorow :(